• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A toddler was burned after an airport McDonald’s reportedly served her scalding hot water.

Emily Dolbeer was taking her four-year-old daughter on a vacation to Disneyland when the incident occurred. When they got to Portland International Airport, they decided to stop by a McDonald’s to grab some breakfast.

Dolbeer posted about the incident on Facebook, where she wrote that she asked one of the McDonald’s employees if they could fill up her daughter’s water bottle. According to Dolbeer, “I ask the worker if they can fill up my daughter’s water bottle. She asks, 'Do you want ice' to which I replied, 'that would be great.' Lainey’s water bottle has Disney princesses on it and is a double insulated water bottle that keeps the cold liquids cold and you cannot feel the temperature of the liquids on the inside by holding it.”

When her daughter went to drink the water, however, she reportedly started screaming in pain. This is when Dolbeer discovered that the bottle was apparently filled with scalding hot water. Dolbeer's post continued, “absolutely beside myself I console Lainey and march back to McDonald's to understand why in the f---ing hell they would put scalding water in a child’s water bottle, especially when I said that I wanted ice. The employees were clueless on how to handle the situation. The 'manager' wrote her name down on blank receipt paper and I laughed and said, 'no, I want an incident report filled out, NOW.'”

It only took minutes for blisters and sores to develop on the toddler’s mouth, tongue and chest, 9 News in Oregon reports. She reportedly had to receive pain management, and her mother is monitoring the situation.

Yeah, but if that happened to one of my grandkids I would call 911 and then beat a bitch down. I would seriously be going to jail if it was intentional. If someone actually did fill the bottle from some hot water tap, they would know it because, ya know, steam among other indicators. This story, however, is a bit hard to believe.

This is pretty easy to prove, one way or another. Cameras are going to show what tap the water came from. The only way she could really swindle money here is if he asked for hot water in the mug and if the cameras don't record sound.

Do people really ask for ice for toddlers though? That part seems odd to me since I would assume you'd want to avoid brain freeze and avoid the small choking hazard.

This is pretty easy to prove, one way or another. Cameras are going to show what tap the water came from. The only way she could really swindle money here is if he asked for hot water in the mug and if the cameras don't record sound.

Do people really ask for ice for toddlers though? That part seems odd to me since I would assume you'd want to avoid brain freeze and avoid the small choking hazard.
It was a sippy cup, it has a lid with tiny holes for sipping.

It was a sippy cup, it has a lid with tiny holes for sipping.

Weird statement, considering no story I see calls it a sippy cup and news stations posted the photos of the actual container.

It looks like an adult thermos type drink mug, with a Disney theme. From the mother’s Facebook...

Attachments

• 91105E01-9D75-4BAF-9D07-31DB6C7048D1.jpeg
    91105E01-9D75-4BAF-9D07-31DB6C7048D1.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 185
Back