• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1566396656944.png

The teenager in the center of a firestorm after his head was slammed into the pavement by a Broward Sheriff’s deputy has been arrested for the third time in four months.

Delucca Rolle was arrested 3 a.m. Saturday after he and a friend were walking in a Margate neighborhood. When a Margate police officer approached, they first “went behind a palm tree and then back into the roadway,” according to an incident report.

Because neither teen lives nearby and it was the middle of the night, it “raised my alarm and fear for the persons and property in the area,” the officer wrote in the report.

Both teens live in North Lauderdale. Their names are redacted from the report.

Because neither would tell the officer what they were doing in that neighborhood, they each face a charge of loitering and prowling, a misdemeanor.

“He is human, he has a right to life, he has a right to be outside," Rolle’s lawyer, Sue-Anne Robinson, said Monday.

She accused the police of targeting the teen.

“I think he’s being harassed,” she said. “A loitering charge just reeks of harassment. And it’s ongoing, obviously.”

A Margate police spokesman said the arresting officer did not know one of the teens was Rolle.

The arrest was because of “the arrested individuals’ refusal to dispel the officer’s alarm for the safety of people and property in the area,” said Lt. Efrain Suarez.

Rolle made headlines in April when he was among scores of J.P. Taravella High students gathered across the street in Tamarac when the Sheriff’s Office intervened when a fight broke out.

Rolle’s forceful arrest sparked a national outcry: One deputy pepper-sprayed and punched the 15-year-old and another handcuffed him. The cellphone video of his head being slammed into the pavement was shared on social media.

Back