• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Officials: Toddler beaten by boyfriend
Feb 4 2010
CALN — A 2-year-old toddler was severely injured after being physically abused by his mother's boyfriend on Tuesday night, according to police.

About 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, authorities received a report of an unresponsive male toddler in the 3900 block of Lincoln Highway, according to Caln Police Chief Brian Byerly. When officers arrived at the apartment, they found an unresponsive, bruised young child.

The toddler was transported to A.I. duPont Hospital for Children for injuries including a fractured pelvis, lacerated liver, internal bleeding, bladder problems and bleeding in or around the brain, Byerly said. The toddler was in critical condition on Wednesday, according to the hospital.

Caln police arrested Mason Harris Gray, 18, the boyfriend of the injured toddler's mother. The mother had asked her boyfriend to babysit her son, according to police investigators.

Police charged Gray with aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of a child, simple assault and recklessly endangering another person.
[...]
http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2010/02/04/news/srv0000007515883.txt
2mr9ngw.jpg
Mason Gray​

Long stretch in prison for 'horrendous' child abuse
Nov 6 2010
WEST CHESTER — Mason Harris Gray struggled with a broken home, drug abuse, depression and anger issues in his 19 years on Earth.
But authorities say that should not excuse what he did to his girlfriend's 3-year-old son, beating the child so badly that it suffered a lacerated liver, broken pelvis and bruises on his face and torso.
"The defendant's criminal conduct is, in a word, horrendous," wrote Deputy District Attorney Elizabeth Pitts in a memo asking a Common Pleas Court judge to sentence Gray, a former Unionville High School student, to 12½ to 25 years in prison.
Judge David Bortner on Monday budged barely from that recommendation, ordering Gray confined to a state prison for 11½ to 23 years on charges of aggravated assault of a person under age 13, endangering the welfare of children, simple assault and recklessly endangering another person.
Gray had entered a no-contest plea to the charges in August, maintaining through his attorney, Assistant Public Defender Stuart R. Crichton, that he had no recollection of whatever he did to cause the injuries to the son of his girlfriend, Kimberly Johnson, with whom he was living at the time in her mother's apartment in Caln.

Citing the affects of Gray's mental health issues caused by his drug use and childhood trauma, Crichton asked Bortner to keep Gray's sentence within standard guidelines for such crimes. He recommended six to 12 years in prison.
Mental health evaluations offered by Pitts and Crichton paint a bleak picture of Gray's life from the time he was a sixth-grader until the time of the assault.
Gray was shuffled between parents after their divorce, and he started taking drugs at a young age. He regularly abused illegal substances while in school at Unionville and was eventually sent to a juvenile detention camp for his offenses.
He spent time living homeless on the streets of Denver, Colo., before returning to Chester County and forming a relationship with Johnson, whom he had known in middle school.
On Feb. 2, Johnson left the child with Gray when she went to work. He admitted taking several doses of over-the-counter cold medicine before he passed out while alone with the child and later awoke to find the child lying on the floor.
But instead of calling 911 for help, he began sending text messages to Johnson at work. One of the messages indicates the child "was fine and then he started throwing up and he passed out," records say. Another message indicates the sender didn't want to notify police, fearing authorities and the child's grandmother would "think that I did this" and that he didn't know what to do.
When emergency personnel arrived, Gray told them that the boy had been vomiting in the bathroom and fell, hitting his head on the toilet. But the injuries discovered when the child was taken to the Alfred I DuPont Hospital in Wilmington were far more extensive that a fall the floor could have caused, and Gray was arrested for abusing the boy the following day, records show.
While in Chester County Prison awaiting trial, Gray made calls to Johnson that were recorded by the prison. In one, he admitted lashing out at the child in anger. "I don't know why it had to be him," he said. "I said I hit him. I did. But I don't remember doing it."
In her memo to Bortner delivered to Bortner before sentencing, Pitts expressed doubt that Gray had no memory of what had happened that day.

"It strains credulity to believe that (Gray) does not recall inflicting such serious bodily injury to a child who was at the time barely 3 years old," she wrote.
After the child was airlifted to the hospital, doctors discovered two subdural hematomas, a lacerated liver, a fractured pelvis and numerous bruises. Some of his injuries were older, indicating the child might have been abused previously, and he had been hospitalized before with bruising.
At the time of his plea in August, Pitts said the victim had been in and out of the hospital for weeks after the beating and that at one time the child was near death from complications that had developed.
[...]
http://dailylocal.com/articles/2010/11/06/news/police/srv0000009877177.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Good now he can be real big and bad with someone that can give him the fight of his life. Coward

No fucking excuse, dont matter if he had a bad childhood, shit, who dont have a bad childhood, we all did, every human complains how fucked up their childhood was, once we grow up, we have a choice, a bad childhood dont make us beat babies and become killers, I hate they always use that excuse, its fucked up and lame...

This POS broke the child's pelvis! Lacerated his liver and caused him bladder problems! WTF did he do to this poor little kid? And he'd hurt the child before this incident! Did the boy's mom have no awareness of the damage he was suffering? Why did she invite him in?

Back