• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A husband and wife accused of child rape who had been on the run from authorities for almost two decades were finally tracked down this week.

Leon Shaw and wife Victoria Cravitz, from Oregon, fled their Oregon homes in 2000 after being accused of sexually abusing four children, including Cravitz's daughter.

She was arrested in Mississippi on Wednesday after Shaw died of an infection in hospital and she used one of his wanted aliases to try and arrange his funeral

She is now being extradited to Oregon where she was previously charged with three counts of first-degree rape and one count of first-degree sodomy.

If convicted, the 56-year-old can expect to spend the rest of her life behind bars.

Police were first alerted to Shaw and Cravitz in 1999, when three people claiming to be previous victims of the couple contacted officers.

The trio said they were concerned that three children who were still in the couple's care were also being abused, the Herald and News reports.

Police subsequently accused Shaw and Cravitz of abusing four girls aged between six and 17 between 1989 and 1999.

One of the victims was Cravitz's biological daughter. Officers say the couple forced two 10-year-olds to have sex with each other, while at least one child was raped by an adult.

One of the victims said she was kidnapped by the couple, impregnated by Shaw, and was forced to give birth to his child.

She managed to escape from the couple, but was forced to leave her child behind.

Police issued a warrant to search the couple's home in 1999, prompting them to flee to California, where Cravitz's parents lived.

They were charged in 2000, with Shaw facing five counts of first-degree rape, four counts of first-degree sexual abuse and two counts of first-degree sodomy.

However, authorities were unable to track them down, and they remained on the run for years.

At one point, authorities believed the pair had moved to Alaska, but never got any concrete leads.

Their guise was blown when Shaw was taken to a hospital in Washington County, Mississippi, where he died.

Cravitz used one of his aliases to make funeral arrangements, but when an undertaker entered it into a database he appeared on the FBI's most-wanted list.

FBI agents moved in and arrested Cravitz. She had been living under the name Jennifer Larsen.

The couple apparently had lived south of Greenville, Mississippi, for about 15 years and supported themselves through Cravitz's work cleaning houses and Shaw's woodworking art.

'They had been on the run for a long time. They always lived in rural areas,' district attorney Eve Costello said.

'They didn't have a lot of contact with people and they moved constantly.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5997185/Oregon-couple-fugitives-18-years-Mississippi.html

Busted !!! She should have just left his body there ...
Hi I’m Leon Shaw’s son and I wish I would have ended his ability to distory these girls and there families I was abused by the evil asshole my self and his abuse still effects me and I’m 50 the child that was left with these monsters is my brother and want to reach out and offer my help but nobody will give me any about him age name where abouts and I’m wondering if anybody can PLEASE give some avenues on how to find out about him if the state has taken him fine but I should be told at least that thank chip

That’s what I’m trying to find out but I just want to know if my brother is safe I feel for him and want him to know he has somebody in his corner Kurt emagine what he will have to live with
Aww. I wish I could help. I wouldn't know how to find him.

One thing is posting on Facebook.
Also, ancestry.com

Aug 30, 2019

A woman who eluded the FBI for nearly two decades was sentenced to more than 16 years in prison.

Victoria Cravitz, 58, pleaded guilty to two counts of rape as part of a negotiated plea agreement.

Cravitz and her partner, Leon Shaw, molested multiple children under the age of 12 in the Bly Mountain area of Klamath County from the late 1980s to the late ’90s.

“He [Shaw] had a number of children of his own, with Ms. Cravitz. At least two with some other individuals as well,” explained Klamath County Deputy District Attorney Cole Chase. “Mr. Shaw and Ms. Cravitz would engage in sexual intercourse with the children.”

Leon Shaw died in July of 2018 in Mississippi.

Cravitz was arrested when she attempted to use a false name on his death certificate.

The two had been on the FBI’s Most Wanted List for nearly two decades.

Cravitz made statements of remorse to the victims during the sentencing hearing, according to court documents.

One of the victims was in court and said that she does not forgive Cravitz and that she does not claim her as a mother.

The judge said she had “no sympathy” for Cravitz, noting she failed to act as an adult.

Last edited:
Back