• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Siobhan

Trusted Member

Markeith Loyd, in jail awaiting trial for the murder of his pregnant ex-girlfriend Sade Dixon in December 2016, and Orlando police Lt. Debra Clayton in January 2017, lost his shit and decided to trash the Orange County Jail on February 27, causing thousands of dollars in damages.

Loyd had been behaving himself until shortly before a court hearing that Wednesday, when he went into a dayroom at the jail where inmates were gathered making phone calls.
It's believed that Loyd was going to make a call, when guards suddenly heard a loud noise, and found that Loyd had torn the phone off of the wall, while shouting "I am the son of God!".
Loyd continued in his hissy fit by breaking glass in the room, a television, and an iPad, and then was violent with the corrections officers to the point that they couldn't approach him or get near enough to pepper spray his ass, so they resorted to talking him down, and with the help of the special response team, managed to get him to peacefully return to his cell.

Later at his court hearing, Loyd made several more outbursts to the judge:
"You know why I don't stand up? The word. The word says God's my only judge," he told Chief Judge Frederick Lauten. "God is the only judge, so I don't stand, because you're not my judge. You're a referee over there or whatever you say. But you're not the judge to me."

Whomever is the judge to Loyd is irrelevant in a court of law, and Loyd is facing the Death Penalty for his crimes, so his outbursts and misbehavior in jail will do little in hopes of lightening his sentence once convicted.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/-i-...ands-in-damages-at-jail-sources-say/926656533

Thanks to @ghosttruck for the original article!

Attachments

• son_of_god_trashes_jail.jpg
    son_of_god_trashes_jail.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 831
What I find most fucked up about this story is the fact is prisoners have access to iPads now..... Are we now paying taxes for their Wi-Fi?
I can only speak for Arkansas, but prisoners can rent iPads. People on the outside, friends, family have to pay a fee and a monthly fee to allow an inmate to have a tablet. Useful for email, which are all read by the prison.

Smh... Seems like enabling recidivism.
It could go either way. I'm the only guy some of those prisoners have telling them to stay way from the stupid shit, to have a solid plan when they get out and let them know that they are my brothers and I'm rooting for them as long as they are going to try to be better. Must of them never had someone like that. They all need someone like that.
That being said there are crimes that I believe show that a man is irredeemable.

If we expect prisoners to get out some day then it can't all be about punishment or they won't be able to reintegrate into society when released. They also need to have some sense of how things are changing on the outside or it will be even harder. I would hope the point is to make it tough enough that they don't want to come back, but not so harsh as to pretty much insure they do come back.

@ghosttruck

Let me find out you are running with a bad crowd.:happy:

Between the environment I was raised in and the fact that I know that all of us would be locked up if we'd have been caught...and the fact that I've spent a little time in jail. I know that we're all 2 bad days away from an arrest...just takes a few bad choices.
That being said I have no patience for people who mess with kids in any way, wife beaters, woman abusers etc... Those fuckers can die.

Not just wrong but excessively wrong.

What that phrase means is that only sky daddy can give you a thumbs up/down on getting into heaven, nothing else.

Maybe he should have, you know, actually read the N.T. a bit more in depth instead of memorizing the Tupac internet version because if so, he would have gotten to this - “Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment” (John 7:24)

I wouldn't want to start quoting scripture in a court room. Some judges have a habit of throwing it right back in their face.

Im glad his actions haven o doubt caused other inmates to suffer.
Post automatically merged:

I dont understand how he hasnt been convicted yet though. Pretty open and shut case against him.

Last edited:
It took a jury less than five hours Wednesday to find Markeith Loyd guilty of first-degree murder in the death of his pregnant ex-girlfriend, Sade Dixon.

The jury began deliberating at about 1 p.m. after hearing closing arguments from Assistant State Attorney Rich Buxman and defense attorney Terry Lenamon. The jurors returned with a guilty verdict at about 5:30 p.m.

During the trial, jurors listened to testimony about how Loyd went to Dixon's family's home on Dec. 13, 2016 to confront her about problems stemming from their recent breakup.

It was during the argument that Loyd shot Dixon and her brother multiple times.

During a courtroom reenactment of the fatal run-in, Loyd said he shot in self-defense because Dixon was armed and her brother, Ronald Stuart, attacked him.

Loyd was found guilty of first-degree murder, killing of an unborn child, attempted first-degree murder, two counts of attempted felony murder and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Loyd did not display any emotion when the verdict was read, but did appear to make a comment to Lenamon at one point.

Dixon's mother, Stephanie Dixon-Daniels, said she's thrilled that her daughter's killer will be punished for his crime.

"I'm happy, very happy ... I'm ecstatic. I'm in tears of joy. My daughter got her justice," Dixon-Da

Loyd took the stand for hours on Tuesday as one of three witnesses the defense called. He detailed the problems in his relationship with Dixon, spoke of his criminal history and mentioned receiving signs from God on several occasions in his life.

Loyd will go on trial again next year to face charges connected to the death of Orlando Police Lt. Debra Clayton, who was fatally shot while trying to take Loyd into custody, according to authorities.
1571275072234.png

1571275123684.png
Sade Dixon

Last edited:
Back