• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
https://nypost.com/2018/01/20/serial-plane-stowaway-foils-tsa-again/

The 66-year-old “serial stowaway” was caught yet again after sneaking through security at Chicago’s O’Hare Airport last week without a ticket or passport — but not before she made it all the way to London.

Hartman, who lives in Grayslake, Ill., has made a hobby of ducking the TSA. Her arrest last week was at least the 10th time she’s been caught trying to slip past airport security without a plane ticket.

She was busted for the stunt at least eight times in 2014. In 2015, she was arrested twice in two months at O’Hare and Chicago’s Midway Airport, and she’s also been nabbed in California and Arizona.

Hartman spent a year in a Chicago-area jail for the repeated episodes and was released on probation to a nursing home in December 2015.

Sources told CBS Chicago that the most recent security footage shows Hartman wandering around O’Hare for two days last week before boarding a British Airways flight Monday. She managed to evade the gate attendant by “blending in with the passengers,” Chicago police told the Chicago Sun-Times. Sources did not address how she made it past TSA checkpoints to get to the gate.

Once on the aircraft, she hid in the bathroom, then found an empty seat. The airline warned Heathrow airport officials that they had a stowaway on the incoming flight. The pesky passenger was sent back to the US when she couldn’t produce a passport and was arrested Thursday upon arrival at O’Hare.

A TSA spokesman said Hartman was screened at the security checkpoint, but managed to get by without a ticket. It’s unclear how she evaded federal authorities.

“Upon learning of the incident, TSA and its aviation partners took immediate action to review security practices throughout the airport,” the agency said in a statement Friday. “This matter is subject to an ongoing investigation and TSA is working closely with our law enforcement and airline partners in that effort.”

After Hartman was sentenced in 2014 for sneaking aboard a flight from San Jose to Los Angeles, she told reporters she was remorseful.

“It was stupid, and it’s something I don’t want to repeat,” she said.

WOW! If she could only use her superpower for good instead of evil think of what she could accomplish! LOL:D

This time she got all the way to London, it's starting to sound like an Olympic Sport for her.

Probably trying for China next time. :D

But seriously, someone needs to be keeping track of her, one day she's going to get into a pickle she can't get out of.

But seriously, someone needs to be keeping track of her, one day she's going to get into a pickle she can't get out of.
Supposedly they are!' If she enters San Francisco, San Jose or los Angeles airports she will be arrested for trespassing due to her past shenanigans. She just keeps shifting to new airports.
She's a harmless nuisance but she reveals the cracks in the system. I hope security can caulk the holes she creeps through.

Cause it's fun and she knows she can pull the old lady card and act like she's not totally in her right mind and they won't do too much too her.

But yeah, she's showing them up that's for sure. I know in my experience with retail, it's those little old ladies you have to watch out for.

Cause it's fun and she knows she can pull the old lady card and act like she's not totally in her right mind and they won't do too much too her.

But yeah, she's showing them up that's for sure. I know in my experience with retail, it's those little old ladies you have to watch out for.

I sorta think she's bad assed for still trying it. And getting as far as she has.

Kinda like an old lady Frank Abagnale. Jr. :hilarious:

Watch her in court or interviewed on tv and she comes across as crazy and really loving the attention.

I'd love to know how she gets through security. I fly three or four times a year through different airports and while I don't have an issue with the strict security, they're pretty thorough.

As a condition of her release, Hartman was ordered to stay away from O'Hare and Chicago Midway Airport and undergo a psychiatric evaluation, CNN affiliate WLS reported.

Then, around 1:25 a.m. Sunday, Chicago Police officers responded to a call at O'Hare of a woman refusing to leave, the department said. Officers searched the airport and found a woman they later identified as Hartman in Terminal 3.
She was ordered to be electronically monitored, based on the new charge of criminal trespass. Her next court date is January 31, according to the Cook County sheriff's office.

Hartman's nickname started catching on after she repeatedly tried to board flights at San Francisco International Airport to Hawaii without a ticket. In 2014, she was sentenced to probation and ordered to stay away from the San Francisco airport.
She made national headlines in August 2014, when she was arrested at Los Angeles
International Airport for successfully boarding a flight from Mineta San Jose International Airport without a ticket. She pleaded no contest to the charges and was sentenced to probation. The next day she was rearrested at Los Angeles International Airport.

Her streak continued at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix. On August 14, Hartman was given a warning for trying to enter a security checkpoint without a ticket. Twelve days later, she was arrested in an airport terminal for criminal trespass. A day after that, Hartman was again seen loitering around a security checkpoint, Phoenix police said.
She was arrested in Florida in 2015. Another arrest followed at O'Hare in 2016 for violating her probation, which forbid her from setting foot on airport property. She was sentenced to six months of house arrest in a mental health facility for violating court orders to stay away from airports, WBBM reported.

Reporters who have followed her arrests said the success of her evasive maneuvers depends on her ability to blend into a crowd as a seemingly harmless, elderly white woman. She employs tactics like ducking under ropes, keeping her head down, piggybacking on small groups, and using other passengers' discarded boarding passes, Joe Eskenazi wrote in The Guardian last week.
Aside from exposing flaws in airport security, Eskenazi said that her case has revealed the justice system's inability to deal with someone like her. In a 2015 profile, Eskenazi described a revolving door of arrests, court appearances, and lenient sentences with no end in sight and no clear rationale for her actions.

"Marilyn Jean Hartman's life is in a holding pattern," he wrote. "She just wants to fly. Period. And she'll try again, and again, and again, until she's grounded. For good."

This old crone needs to be chained to a bed before she gets hurt by overzealous security at an airport.

Oh yeah from @Benighted link.

I would be in the same position as you with a phone, as it is, this chromebook gives me trouble at times, New York Times, I'm looking at you. o_O

You just have to admire her determination and can-do attitude. :cool:

They are going to have to hog tie her and chain her to a toilet to keep her out of airplanes!

I refer y'all to her previous claim: "she was forced by the FBI to flee her home and live on the streets, and blames her penchant for sneaking onto planes on an unrecognized medical condition she calls 'whistleblower trauma syndrome.'
Oh no! If she has been watching news in her neurotic navel gazing way (ubiquitous CNN News in every airport!), no wonder she was compelled to get in the news again. Why can't we comprehend that she is the ultimate whistleblower!? I think @notchback had the best solution: give her a passport and a life time airline pass. She'll switch to Amtrak, and after she's banned there, Greyhound....

Last edited:
Back