• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

The New Carrollton, Maryland, man accused of drugging and raping teens while posing as a Howard University student has a nearly two decades-long history of preying on women, according to court testimony Friday.

NBC Washington reports the revelations are from a bond hearing where it was determined Julian Everett, 35, would stay jailed.

Prince George’s County State’s Attorney Aisha Braveboy told the court Everett has been a sexual predator since 2001. When he was 17, Everett was convicted of kidnapping a woman with an accomplice in D.C., intending to rape her but beating the victim instead after learning she was transgender.

In 2005, Everett was convicted of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old in Virginia.

Everett’s defense attorney unsuccessfully argued that Everett had no serious criminal history and should be released under conditions of GPS monitoring, according to NBC Washington.

Everett was arrested on March 21 and currently faces charges in Prince George’s County, Maryland for three sexual assaults of teenagers that happened in 2016, 2015 and 2005.

Everett owns a barber shop near Howard University. In the two most recent incidents, police allege Everett lured his victims by posing as a Howard student. In all the cases, Everett is accused of incapacitating his victims by giving them drugged drinks.

The 17- and 18-year-old Howard University students reporting assaults in 2016 and 2015 claim Everett drugged them while out on dates and took them back to his New Carrollton home where he raped them.

Rehabilitation and punishment should not be the goal of imprisonment. Protecting the life and property of the citizen should be. And if there is not enough money to imprison these perps permanently, then the lost art of gallows making could be restored to its past glory.

What's with all the defense attorney hate? Seems to be some kind of common thing on here.
His attorney tried to argue he has no serious criminal history. He was convicted of sexually assaultin a 16 year old in 2005, which would have put him at 22 years old. At 17 he & a dipshit friend were convicted for the kidnapping of a woman with the intention of raping her, but beat her up when they discovered she was transgender. I don't know if you missed that while reading or what, but trying to argue someone has no serious criminal history when all that has happened is complete horseshit. Hence why I believe his attorney should die to. If you don't like my opinion I don't care, because as a human being I have a God given right to my opinion.

His attorney tried to argue he has no serious criminal history. He was convicted of sexually assaultin a 16 year old in 2005, which would have put him at 22 years old. At 17 he & a dipshit friend were convicted for the kidnapping of a woman with the intention of raping her, but beat her up when they discovered she was transgender. I don't know if you missed that while reading or what, but trying to argue someone has no serious criminal history when all that has happened is complete horseshit. Hence why I believe his attorney should die to. If you don't like my opinion I don't care, because as a human being I have a God given right to my opinion.
Shrug. I wasn't being confrontational.
There could be a few explanations for the lawyer's statement. All three sets of crimes occurred in different states, so they may not have popped up in the defender's information. The bond hearing is often part of the arraignment hearing, which occurs within 48 hours of arrest. The lawyer may not have had time to go through all the material.
If the lawyer is a public defender, he definitely didnt have time. Public defenders are notoriously over-worked and under-paid
Third possibility is that he was just going through the motions knowing that the prosecution would easily defeat his argument. A defense attorney's job is to try to get favorable outcomes for their clients regardless of guilt or innocence. They can get in trouble if they just sit on their asses and dont provide counter arguments.
Anyway, I'm mostly playing devil's advocate here. It's a bizarre compulsion of mine.

Back