• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A restaurant manager in Chicago who told a black teen “I’m not trying to be racist” after allegedly striking him with a chair was suspended from his job, officials said.

The shocking encounter unfolded after 18-year-old John “Kyle” Johnson entered Poke Poke restaurant on South Wabash Avenue on Jan. 2, when a few friends waved him inside. But as soon as the high school senior stepped inside, he said, the eatery’s manager, Matthew Fezzey, confronted him.

“I’ll kick your ass,” Fezzey said, Johnson told the Washington Post. “This is my place of business.”

Johnson said Fezzey then swung a chair at him, striking his arm, before the teen decided to call police and start recording a minute-long video that was later posted to Facebook and had garnered more than 22,000 views by Wednesday.

“I’m f–king in the wrong,” Fezzey admitted on the footage. “This is the second time in a row, third time in a row … Two days ago — not trying to be racist — two black guys robbed two people right here.”

“But sir, you threw a chair at me,” Johnson replied. “I’m not those guys.”

Fezzey then detailed a nighttime encounter days earlier with “black guys” who he said had threatened other employees.

“Listen, three days ago, before that, I had two more black guys, I actually fought ‘em in here,” Fezzey said on the video. “They tried threatening one of my employees and I had to fight them. When you guys came in here, I just got really f—king defensive, really defensive, because I had to fight them off all the time. These security guards over here don’t do a f—king thing.”

Johnson then coolly repeated that Fezzey “threw a chair” at him, a claim that the manager never denied on the footage.

“Again, I’m way in the wrong,” Fezzey said. “I feel bad but that was just my first instinct because I’ve had to deal with fights here, which I shouldn’t. And I legit thought we were headed to fight.”

Johnson then turned his face to the camera, saying he had no intention of harming Fezzey.

“I wanted to come into your place of business and talk to you,” the teen said.

Another male voice is then heard off-camera saying that Johnson is well-known throughout the neighborhood in downtown Chicago.

“It’s not even that, just as a human being, man, I shouldn’t have done that sh-t, man,” Fezzey acknowledged. “It was wrong, but I’m not going to lie, man — yo, I’ll look in here — I had to fight three people at my restaurant the other day, so I thought I had to fight some more people, so sh-t, I freaked out.”

Johnson then told Fezzey that police were on their way, adding “Sorry, sir,” video shows.

Police in Chicago said Johnson told responding officers that Fezzey, 32, hit him with a plastic chair after a verbal dispute. Fezzey claimed Johnson entered the restaurant and started arguing with him while clenching his fists, making him believe that he was about to be assaulted. That led Fezzey to throw the chair at Johnson, who then told two other victims — two men in their 20s — that he “had something in his backpack that would end them,” according to a police incident report obtained by The Post.

Johnson was then taken to a nearby hospital with pain in his arm, while the other victims inside the restaurant were told how to obtain summonses or warrants in connection with the incident. An investigation was ongoing, police said.

No charges have been filed, but Johnson’s attorney, Anish Parikh, told the Washington Post that the teen plans to take legal action.

Fezzey, meanwhile, has been suspended “pending the completion” of a police investigation into the incident, according to a statement posted by restaurant management on Saturday.

“We are taking this matter very seriously,” the statement read. “Racism has no place in today’s society, and no one should ever be judged by the color of their skin. There are no excuses for what happened to Kyle and for that we apologize.”

But Johnson’s attorney thinks Fezzey shouldn’t have a job, particularly since the restaurant’s statement backs up the teen’s claim that he was victimized.

“This type of behavior, in our opinion, warrants a termination,” he told the newspaper.

Others on social media, meanwhile, agreed with Parikh’s call for Fezzey to be canned.

“He should be fired,” one reply to the restaurant’s statement read. “What in the actual f—k is wrong with management at your place?”

Some have called for a boycott of the restaurant, claiming that “racial profiling” is part of the establishment’s handbook.

“Hope your doors shutter real soon,” another comment read.

Johnson, for his part, said he was frightened during the brief encounter.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/09/manag...er-alleged-attack-im-not-trying-to-be-racist/

I have empathy to an extent for this guy because he was robbed. Sadly that empathy ends when ya smack an innocent kid with a chair. Enjoy the lawsuit.

I have no empathy for this asshole.
None.
Fuck him and his useless ass apology.
Its fucking Chicago you vermin ass gentrifying piece of shit.
Stay the fuck home if you are that threatened by black people.
It is a shame he hasnt been arrested already. I guess if he had killed him the cops would take it seriously

Back