• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

An emotionally disturbed man, armed with a large knife walked into a precinct in the Brooklyn borough of New York City Sunday morning and begged to be shot, police said.

NYPD Chief of Department Terence Monahan posted a clip of the incident on Twitter, showing the man walking into the station and brandishing a large knife.

The man can be seen entering the lobby, where he's met by one officer who immediately notices the knife in his left hand. Two bystanders also appear to notice the knife and walk away from their seats.

The man, identified as 28-year-old Starlin Lopez, suffers from an unidentified mental illness, his sister Luary Lopez said in an interview with WCBS-TV. He reportedly lives with his mother one block from the precinct.

Lopez told cops inside the station that the government was interfering with his life and said he wanted to die, according to police.

The video shows several officers surrounding Lopez, then eventually tasing him and taking him into custody.

Lopez was transported to a hospital following the incident where police said he told paramedics “I am too chicken to kill myself, ” when asked if he was suicidal.

Video at link

Back