• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
In a video posted to local police AUGC Guardia Civil's Twitter account, the unidentified man is seen throwing the fridge over a guard rail into a ravine in Almeria, in the country's south-east, before returning to his van.

Both the person recording the video and the man in question, who are speaking Spanish, are heard saying "recycling, let's go, recycle it" and "let's see how many flips it can do", according to CNN.

The offender, who was ultimately identified by police, was fined 45,000 euros ($74,277) and ordered to return to the scene, collect the fridge to dispose of it correctly, AUGC Guardia Civil tweeted.
[....]
the man and a companion are seen struggling to haul the appliance back up the cliff.

A spokesperson for the civil guard told CNN a court would now decide whether the man would face further fines for "environmental crime".

Following the investigation, police said a waste management company that employed the man would also face sanctions because it too had failed to properly dispose of old refrigerators.

God I hate the fuckwads who throw their old shit on the side of roads. There is a beautiful back road/shortcut I take on the way to Bodega Bay and scum are always dumping crap there. Signs were put up saying the area is under video surveillance but it's pretty obvious there aren't any cameras out in the middle of nowhere ranchland so it has only dissuaded the REALLY dumb assholes.

Back