• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

He's a retired policeman. Is that relevant to this news story?

• Total voters

LarzlovesJahi

Runs on spite.
Bold Member!
RIDGEFIELD PARK, NJ:, A man who shot himself on the New Jersey Turnpike Saturday night had his dead wife in the trunk, police said.

Franklin Osgood, 61, of Providence, R.I., was found at 9:36 p.m. in his car with a self-inflicted gunshot wound after he led police on a brief chase on the Turnpike in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey State Police said in a Facebook post.

After State Police troopers searched Osgood's 2007 black Dodge Charger, they found the dead body of his wife, Mary Jo, in the trunk

http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/...self_on_nj_turnpike_re.html#incart_river_home

Couldn't figure out what to do with her body so he finally decided to do the right thing (albeit a little too late in the game).

Now that I've read the article, I think it's maybe more than he figured out he wouldn't get away with it, so he killed himself like every other asshole coward does.

I was thinking she was alive and this was a kidnapping gone right so to speak sad to hear that was not the case.
The only thing I'm obsessed with is bacon and I won't kill for it but I will definitely maim a motherfucker if they try and take it from me.

Def pertinent that he used to be a cop. Police have VERY high rates of domestic violence and him choosing suicide over prison makes far more sense given his past profession.

Suicide was the right thing for him.
Saved everyone a shit-ton of paperwork and court time.
This man had the taxpayers interests at heart...
well that and was afraid of inmate beatings.

Back