• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
A “career criminal” convicted of fatally punching a 70-year-old off-duty sheriff's deputy in San Bernardino County, Calif., has been sentenced to 10 years in prison, according to court records.

Defendant Alonzo Leron Smith, 31, pleaded no contest in December to voluntary manslaughter, three counts of assault by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury, and one count of threatening a crime – all of which are felonies, according to San Bernardino County Superior Court records.

On the morning of New Year’s Eve 2017, Smith got into a minor fender bender with Deputy Larry Falce after Smith had rear-ended the deputy’s car. The deputy's vehicle had stopped short because Falce was trying to avoid two dogs on the road.

Both had gotten out of their vehicles and in less than a minute Smith landed a punch that caused Falce, a 36-year-veteran, to hit his head on the ground and lose consciousness. Falce never recovered and died in a hospital a few days later, KTLA-TV of Los Angeles reported.

....70-year-old off-duty sheriff's deputy ... Falce, a 36-year-veteran, to hit his head on the ground and lose consciousness. Falce never recovered and died in a hospital a few days later ....
Respect to this officer. Falce was 70 years old cop at the time of his death at the hands of another is pretty fucking awesome to this old salt. I hope I die this well.

The fuck? Why such a slim sentence? Bizarre.

Only roughly twice as severe as what Manafort got.

Back