• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) - A man accused of giving his ailing wife methamphetamine told authorities he threw her a "death party" before she died.

The Mankato Free Press reported that Duane Arden Johnson, 58, of Searles, Minnesota, was charged with criminal neglect and receiving stolen property after his wife's death on Thursday.

Deputies said Johnson called 911 at about noon to report that his wife, Debra Lynn Johnson, 69, had died.

Officers arrived at the couple's home and found the words “Death Parde God Hell” spray-painted on the front door. A naked Duane Johnson allegedly ran outside and said his wife was dead, then ran back inside to take a bath. He was later found in the bathtub hallucinating and trying to wash white and black “things” from his skin, according to deputies.

Debra Johnson's body was found wrapped in a sheet the top of the stairs, deputies said.

The newspaper reported that Debra had been living in a nursing home, but Duane checked her out days earlier because she wanted to die at home.

Duane Johnson said they took methamphetamine and she stopped taking her medications. They spent their final hours having sex and listening to metal band Quiet Riot.

Duane said Debra began having convulsions, but wouldn't let him call police. After she died, Johnson said he washed his wife's body and wrapped her in linen “like the Bible told me to do.”

He said he waited several hours to call 911 because he wanted to make sure she was dead.

A search of their home turned up four rifles, two shotguns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition of several varieties, which were allegedly stolen.

Duane Johnson was arrested without incident and was charged with criminal neglect and felony counts of theft

https://www.wowktv.com/news/nationa...edium=social&utm_source=facebook_WOWK_13_NEWS

The mugshot is incredible.

I hope his story is all true, cuz if it is, this is pretty much the epitome of Florida loving relationships and romance. This is what every young couple in that shithole state strives for, dreams about.

The article doesn't say but I'm assuming they aren't strangers to using meth. It would be a more interesting story though if they were straight laced and this was her idea of "going out with a bang"!

I know a guy who looks just like him!!! His name is Joey. But I called him Chewy. Cause the first time I met him he was chewing on his own face.

I'd just like to point out that this is a 'Minnesota man', not a 'Florida man'.

Bring your snowbird ass meth fueled death parties back home, brah.

IDK, I get the feeling he did it on purpose (gave her meth to the end) and that was the sole purpose, to be rid of her and not have to care for her any longer. I wonder if she lived with any physical pain. She had lived in a nursing home so it's possible he just didn't want to deal with her anymore...

A southwestern Minnesota man who said he threw a "death party" for his wife and gave her methamphetamine has pleaded guilty to criminal neglect.

Fifty-nine-year-old Duane Johnson entered the plea Monday in Brown County Circuit Court. The Free Press says a third-degree murder charge will be dismissed as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors.
[....]
Prosecutors say the plea deal calls for a three-year prison sentence. Sentencing guidelines call for a four-year term.
A judge will decide whether to approve the recommended sentence on Aug. 12.

Back