• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

It seems like a clear cut case of a couple of people practicing to become circus performers...however the police seem to think differently. The details in the news are scant but I'm sure what happened behind the scene is hilarious. First off thank you to @Sugar Cookie for turning me onto this one. Second I'd like to tip my hat at the knife thrower...I mean shit, to hit and deeply wound with a thrown knife isn't easy! Third to the person who took that picture...did ya say "gimme your best 'Da Fuq' look"? I'm hoping more comes out on this one because no one that goofy looking can just dissapear into obscurity!

A man has been charged with attempted murder after police say he threw a knife into another man's chest during a fight.

Police said they were called to the area of 7th Avenue North and York Street in Myrtle Beach at 2:38 a.m. on Sunday. Whey they arrived, they found a man covered in blood, bleeding heavily and lying on the sidewalk.

Police found a knife on the ground near the victim, according to the report. While applying pressure to the victim's wound, police said the victim described the suspect to them.

After further investigation, police say the victim got into an argument that turned physical with Aqui Lorenza Jackson, 25. Police say Jackson pulled out a knife, threw it at the victim and hit him in the chest, causing a severe puncture wound.

A man was taken into custody Sunday after Myrtle Beach police officers found a man laying on a sidewalk with stab wounds.

According to online records from the Myrtle Beach Police Department, 25-year-old Aqui Lorenza Jackson was charged with attempted murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime. He was booked shortly before 4 a.m. Sunday.

Just before 2:30 a.m. Sunday, officers went to the 700 block of York Street in Myrtle Beach following a 911 hang-up, according to a police report.

When officers got close to the address, they saw the victim covered in blood and laying on the sidewalk, law enforcement said. They found the man had been stabbed in the chest, the report stated.

When one of the officers grabbed a towel to use for applying pressure to the victim’s wounds, he saw a knife on the ground with blood on it, according to the police report.

Safety tip: never remove an impaled object from an injured person, or yourself if it's a serious deep impalement, the object could be causing a tamponade effect that's keeping the injured area from bleeding severely, and removing an object outside of an ER setting could cause a sudden fast blood loss leading to immediate death.
Thanks for coming to my Ted talk. ;)

Safety tip: never remove an impaled object from an injured person, or yourself if it's a serious deep impalement, the object could be causing a tamponade effect that's keeping the injured area from bleeding severely, and removing an object outside of an ER setting could cause a sudden fast blood loss leading to immediate death.
This x100.

This is very true, but I'm not sure the knife actually stuck in this guy's chest. They refer to it as a 'deep puncture wound', so I'm thinking it penetrated the skin but bounced out (probably after it hit a rib).
But yeah - don't pull anything out until a doctor determines it is safe!

Back