• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

LAKE COUNTY, Fla. - A 20-year-old man is accused beating and attempting to strangle his pregnant stepmother Tuesday at Greenwood Cemetery in Lake County and then calling 911 after he thought he had killed her.

Ian Magnus Anselmo called 911 on Wednesday at 4:08 p.m. and said, "I killed my mom, she's dead," according to an arrest warrant filed by Eustis police detectives. He also said, "I strangled her," 911 calls show.

Police said they arrived to find the victim in the driver's seat of a car, bleeding from the nose and mouth with a cord wrapped around her neck. Lake County paramedics took her to AdventHealth Waterman Hospital in critical condition where medical staff were able to resuscitate her.

The arrest warrant does not state why the victim and Anselmo were at Greenwood Cemetery.

Update

EUSTIS — Sue Ellen Anselmo, the woman who police say was strangled by her stepson at a Eustis cemetery last week, died Monday, according to the State Attorney’s Office and Eustis Police Department.

Anselmo, 39, was declared dead at 2:04 p.m. by physicians at Orlando Regional Medical Center. Authorities say she was pregnant.

As a result of Anselmo’s death, the State Attorney’s Office will consider upgrading the second-degree attempted murder charge against Ian Magnus Anselmo, Sue Ellen’s stepson.

Last edited:
Her mother's petition for guardianship suggested to me that she might have held the bulk of the marital assets.

ETA, I would assume the DNA of the fetus will be part of the autopsy, as it could speak to motive.
Post automatically merged:

Whoa, I have two updates here painting completely different pictures.

Last edited:
From the article:
Anselmo denies the allegations of abuse. In an interview this week, he said, “If there was abuse, why didn’t the other kids see it? I just loved my wife.

“I don’t want to ruin my wife’s reputation, but there are things about my wife that people don’t know,” he said. “We were married 13½ years. I’m a stay-at-home dad who is with the children 95 percent of the time. My wife was mentally ill, had bipolar, borderline personality disorder and adult ADHD,” he said, adding that she sometimes tried to hurt herself. “She was very, very unbalanced when she was not on her meds.”
----------------------------

Yeah, really loved his wife; loved her enough to trash talk her in a public forum.

From the article:
Anselmo denies the allegations of abuse. In an interview this week, he said, “If there was abuse, why didn’t the other kids see it? I just loved my wife.

“I don’t want to ruin my wife’s reputation, but there are things about my wife that people don’t know,” he said. “We were married 13½ years. I’m a stay-at-home dad who is with the children 95 percent of the time. My wife was mentally ill, had bipolar, borderline personality disorder and adult ADHD,” he said, adding that she sometimes tried to hurt herself. “She was very, very unbalanced when she was not on her meds.”
----------------------------

Yeah, really loved his wife; loved her enough to trash talk her in a public forum.

So she was mentally ill and he... made her get a job and sat home all day? Cool?

The husband was fired from being a teacher 'cause of sexual harassment.

"John Anselmo, who's been with the district for 7 years, was most recently an instructor at the county's virtual school in Eustis.
Anselmo was terminated following complaints filed against him by several fellow teachers."

"Anselmo was first employed at Triangle Elementary School, where he allegedly taunted and sexually harassed other teachers.

Ryan told Eyewitness News Anselmo locked her in a closet when they worked together.

"He was spooky, it was spooky," Ryan said. "He was very different, everything he did was different."

After receiving harassment complaints, the district placed Anselmo on leave and then transferred him to Eustis Middle School. It wasn't long before a teacher there also complained about Anselmo, prompting him to be moved to the county's virtual school.

Records state that since that move, teachers and students have complained about being threatened by Anselmo. One incident was at an Office Depot, where he allegedly threatened a teacher who once complained about him."

"School Board members today will consider a $60,000 settlement with a male teacher accused of sexually harassing female staff.

Under the proposal, John Anselmo would agree to resign from his job and not to pursue any claims he might have made against the school system. The proposal comes after Administrative Law Judge Edward T. Bauer earlier this year ruled that the district had wrongfully terminated Anselmo. His seven-year teaching career included stints at Triangle Elementary School in Mount Dora, Eustis Middle School and Lake Virtual School, the district's online education program.

The judge concluded the district had solid grounds to fire Anselmo but erred by issuing him a written reprimand for his boorish behavior. When district officials later decided to terminate Anselmo, they were precluded from handing down additional punishment for the same misconduct, Bauer decided."

I guess the baby died with her.
No mention of early delivery.

"Sue Ellen Anselmo, a mother of six children -- and six weeks pregnant with a seventh, died Monday after she was strangled in a Eustis cemetery by her stepson, police have alleged. Authorities have not suggested a motive."

That was on her gofundme!

Last edited:
So, the moment she hears from one of his adult daughters that he's a child molester, she grabbed the minor kids and ran. I'm going to speculate she agreed to meet the son someplace discreet to discuss why. She drove there, he walked there, and he got in the car to talk. What if dad wasn't the only kiddie diddler in the family?

Anselmo said they named some children after characters in books by science-fiction writer Edgar Rice Burroughs, whose best known work is the 1912 classic “Tarzan of the Apes.” Their youngest was named Moog for the synthesizer, which Anselmo plays.

Anselmo also adopted Sue Ellen’s daughter Chloe from a past marriage and renamed her Dejah-Thoris, a heroic Martian princess in Burroughs’ tales of the red planet.

There is crazy lurking about, tho. But Anselmo is definitely a controlling asshole and I would not be at all surprised if he orchestrated this. It probably wouldn't take much to get the son to do it, since he was indoctrinated from birth.

@everjaded What is the difference between second degree murder and second degree homicide in Florida? They are apparently upgrading his charge from murder to homicide and to me it seems like the same thing.

Not sure if it's mentioned in any of the articles, since like I said, I can't read most of them. But the day before she was killed she went to an attorney to file for divorce.

A pregnant woman hired a divorce attorney the day before police say she was strangled by her stepson at a Eustis cemetery, according to court records.

[...]

Ian Anselmo was initially charged with attempted second-degree murder and aggravated battery on a pregnant victim, but police said Monday that detectives will work with the state attorney's office to charge him with second-degree homicide.
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/p...-filed-divorce-day-before-attack-records-show

What is the difference between second degree murder and second degree homicide in Florida?
Homicide is the more general term, meaning causing the death of another person through volitional action or culpable negligence. Justifiable homicide includes killing that occurs during warfare or in a self-defense situation. There is also an excusable homicide, that occurs when somebody dies as a result of something somebody did without malign intent. In Florida, any death that occurs as the result of the killer's intent is first-degree murder. Any killing that occurs as a result of the killer's depraved indifference to human life is second-degree murder. Any killing that occurs during the course of committing certain enumerated felonies is third-degree murder. And any killing that occurs in other than a justifiable or excusable homicide or murder, in Florida, is manslaughter.

I suspect the reporter became confused and used the wrong terminology. I would believe the state attorney's office is seeking to upgrade the charge to first-degree murder.

Link

--Al

@Alf Thanks for that!

I was confused why it would go from attempted murder to homicide. Generally the attempt charges are named the same as the main charge. I didn't get why they weren't changing him with second degree murder and wondered if Florida had one of the wonky laws that actually changes names depending upon extenuating circumstances.

Wow, the husband sounds like a violent asshole with no filter. Sick. I think he put his son up to this.

I think you are EXACTLY right ..first off, John was fired as a teacher for inappropriate behavior and stayed at home to virtual school the other kids after having received a $60,000 settlement from the school board. Ian was an excellent student in virtual school...that's bullshit...his dad did that, not him. Ian didn't do anything unless his controlling dad told him to.

John had a gun which he took to seek out a former high school boyfriend of Sue Ellen's in a sheriff report. John drove his wife to work every day and picked her up according to witnesses. She could only wear long dresses according to other witnesses.

Ian texted Sue Ellen using John's phone asking for the meeting... bullshit...it was John. On Ian's own phone he said he would strangle her with her own intestines. That also could have been John posing as Ian. John could have forced Ian to do this is out of fear and the nut doesn't usually fall too far from the tree. Ian probably didn't like her much anyhow.

'My dad's going to be mad ' comment is more appropriate of a kid damaging a car...not a murder. I believe that comment was premeditated by John.

'He wants to see you, he's crying in the bathroom' is bullshit...

No doubt that John used his own son from a former marriage to kill his wife... no value placed on the kid or the woman who birthed him. He
antagonizes her children by removing her body to stop their healing process and to possibly run DNA on the baby.

A true sociopath and all signs point to it.

Sue Ellen wouldn't have had time or space to be pregnant by anyone other than John unless he thought that when she left him that she was seeing someone else. She was obviously terrified of him and was alienated from anyone who could help her.

But her Intuition shows that she knew not to believe John or Ian, yet John's pressure of 'ians crying in the bathroom now..' overrode her Intuition and shows her motherly kindness.

NEVER meet ANYONE in a cemetery.

The motive? So dad wouldn't go to prison for raping Sue Ellen's minor daughter. His life was over with that accusation. ..he had to stop her from testifying for her daughter and putting two and two together which would be the nail in his coffin.

So use your own POS son to do your dirty work.

Dad would defend him. The kid is no angel or ingenious as he's painted to be. The dad is the Mastermind but the kid needs the death sentence.

Last edited:
Back