• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
After a dog bit a boy selling candy around Mandeville neighborhood, one of his relatives responded by beating and stabbing the animal with a fishing gaff, according to a news release.

Matthew Forstall, 29 was arrested after the incident and booked on a count of aggravated cruelty to animals.

The incident occurred about 5:45 p.m. Sunday on America Street. The boy was out in the neighborhood selling candy and was bitten by a dog that was restrained on the porch. He suffered a minor injury, according to a release from the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office.

The boy told Forstall about the incident, and he responded with the attack on the dog, the release said.

The dog suffered "serious" injuries, STPSO said.

Uh, that would surely be me. Not that the boy was blameless, teach your children not to approach animals they are unfamiliar with.

But I’d stab a dog for biting my kid and get m’self an unflattering mugshot.

I hate this door-to-door bullshit, because children just aren't safe doing it for this and other reasons.
How any children have come to harm selling door to door? I can see dog bites because it is very common reason for emergency room visits. 50% of dog bites happen in the home and immediate neighborhood. But what else has happened to children selling trash door to door?

I wouldn't want to go door to door today. Just stick with neighbors you know and don't go knocking on strange doors with dogs chained on the porch. It's not what has happened; it's what could happen and there are too many crazies out there.

Back