• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A man is behind bars after breaking into a Newnan home early Thursday morning and stabbing his half-brother to death, authorities said.

Newnan police responded to a home on Linden Drive about 3:30 a.m. Upon arrival, officers found suspect Zachary Martin standing in a bedroom while holding two knives.

According to police, Martin broke into the home through a basement window, then found a male sleeping inside. The suspect zip-tied the male, grabbed two knives, and went upstairs, police said.

Police said that as the suspect went upstairs, he found a female watching TV. He forced her downstairs at knifepoint. That's when the male ran to a nearby bathroom after breaking free of the zip-ties. Police said Martin began stabbing the bathroom door.

Unable to get into the bathroom, investigators said Martin went upstairs and attacked a couple sleeping in a bedroom. The suspect is accused of stabbing the victim, his half-brother at least twice in the back and choking his girlfriend while holding a knife to her throat.

Police said other people inside the home heard screaming and came to help. That's when the girlfriend was able to call 911.

Last edited:
“Unable to get into the bathroom, investigators said Martin went upstairs and attacked a couple sleeping in a bedroom.”

I know that that’s the first thing I do when I can’t get to a bathroom.

1696981206232.jpeg

NAME: MARTIN, ZACHARY LAMAR​

INCARCERATION DETAILS​

MAJOR OFFENSE: MURDER
MOST RECENT INSTITUTION: BALDWIN STATE PRISON
MAX POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE: LIFE

STATE OF GEORGIA - CURRENT SENTENCES​

CASE NO: 891727
OFFENSE: AGGRAV ASSAULT
CONVICTION COUNTY: COWETA COUNTY
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 08/01/2019
SENTENCE LENGTH: 20 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS