• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
From a tweet by Steve Eager:
Dallas police tell me the just off shift officer who shot and killed a man in his own apartment, was on the WRONG FLOOR. HER apartment was on another floor. Her key didn’t work in the door. Shooting happened shortly after resident opened his own door.

If this is true, they better get her for more than manslaughter. This was no accident, this was no mistake.

It's one thing to forget which apt number is yours. It is an entirely different beef to forget what fucking floor you live on. Outrageous and IMPOSSIBLE to believe. She had some reason for wanting to kill this man and she saw it through. She belongs in a cage the rest of her fucking life. The fucking FILTH.

If this is true, they better get her for more than manslaughter.

I agree, this probably needs a higher charge than manslaughter. Obviously if it is shown she planned it on purpose, it should be first degree murder, but even if it was not planned, there is a limit to how stupid and self centered you get to be before it becomes more than just an accident. She went to the wrong apartment, on the wrong floor. Her key did not fit in the lock. When a man opened the locked door, she still somehow thought it was her apartment and shot him. She is a fucking self centered moron. Everything revolves around her and she is always, always right, so it would never at any point during the process occur to her that SHE might be the one who was mistaken. Sadly, I know someone like this.

Please keep my church family in your prayers you guys. He was a songleader at my home church Dallas West and a beloved member of the community there.
I am absolutely fucking livid about this and I never met the young man but my mother knew him and everyone is devestated.
Our church homecoming was this past weekend and my mother said his spirit was full and happy. I cant imagine how something so evil could happen in the span of a week.
Tired doesnt even begin to encompass how we all feel right now. Absolutely senseless.

CbabyRKO, I'm so sorry for the loss of this caring and gifted young man. I heard him singing and the beauty of his voice brought tears to my eyes, knowing that it won't be heard again. I will keep his family, friends, and fellowship in my thoughts and prayers.

If this is true, they better get her for more than manslaughter. This was no accident, this was no mistake.

It's one thing to forget which apt number is yours. It is an entirely different beef to forget what fucking floor you live on. Outrageous and IMPOSSIBLE to believe. She had some reason for wanting to kill this man and she saw it through. She belongs in a cage the rest of her fucking life. The fucking FILTH.

Jack, from one article I read, she was also in the wrong section of the apartments.
If you look at the building's front, you can see it has several sections like connected towers, all having multiple floors.
IDK how they label the different vertical towers, but apparently she was in the wrong tower/section, on the wrong floor and at the wrong door.
The doors use key cards, and hers didn't work. That alone would make most of us double check what door and floor we're at, but she didn't think to recheck herself whatsoever.
Mr. Jean had a red door mat at his threshold, which she didn't notice even as she was looking down at the lock while trying to use her key card repeatedly; she had no door mat at her apartment.
Some reports are claiming the neighbors heard her banging on the door/walls to "open the door!", and that the neighbors thought she was drunk.
When Mr. Jean open HIS own apartment's door, there are no reports yet of an argument or her yelling something like "What are you doing in my apartment?", etc.. It seems instead of leaving the door of the apartment and going to a safe area to call 911 and report that she thought there was an intruder in her home, she just drew her weapon and shot him.
Now, the scuttlebutt is that they may have dated in the past - right now this is just a rumor, but you may have nailed it in your previous post regarding a "bad break-up". Or they may have never seen each other before she shot and killed him.

The DPD and DA issued a manslaughter warrant, but the Texas Rangers pulled it and took over the case.
Now for the TR's to do this, is a very big deal, this is rare for them to say the least.
IDK who she knows, but I'm betting someone's pulling some very big favors to protect her ATM.

IMO, there is no way a sober person could make all of the mistakes she made before killing a man in his own doorway, while thinking it was her apartment.
If they'll release the toxicology results from her blood test anytime soon and the tox shows nothing, it won't help her case of "I was tired and didn't notice I was on the wrong floor, at the wrong door" bullshit story, but will look more than ever like it was premeditated murder.

Those are some interesting extra details, @Siobhan, thanks. Just makes it seem even more hinky. He had a red doormat, but she has none. Banging on the door and yelling (instead of rechecking if SHE was in the wrong place), no significant conversation before shooting. No retreating to call 911. Either this was on purpose or she is even more self centered and stupid than I imagined.

I hope you are wrong about the Texas Rangers trying to protect her. I was hoping they asked for a hold on the manslaughter warrant because they were looking for higher charges.

Last edited:
Amber Guyger, police officer named in Dallas fatal shooting, shot a suspect in 2017.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/0...tal-shooting-shot-suspect-in-2017-report.html

From a tweet by Steve Eager:
Dallas police tell me the just off shift officer who shot and killed a man in his own apartment, was on the WRONG FLOOR. HER apartment was on another floor. Her key didn’t work in the door. Shooting happened shortly after resident opened his own door.
So did she shoot him from the hallway?

So did she shoot him from the hallway?

I don't think it is clear yet. Sounds like in the doorway or maybe shortly after entering the apartment (if she did enter). Whatever it was, it seemed to happen quickly.

Those are some interesting extra details, @Siobhan, thanks. Just makes it seem even more hinky. He had a red doormat, but she has none. Banging on the door and yelling (instead of rechecking if SHE was in the wrong place), no significant conversation before shooting. No retreating to call 911. Either this was on purpose or she is even more self centered and stupid than I imagined.

I hope you are wrong about the Texas Rangers trying to protect her. I was hoping they asked for a hold on the manslaughter warrant because they were looking for higher charges.

IMO, the really big deal is why she didn't retreat and call 911?
Even for a cop, the usual thing in a situation like this would be to call for back-up, but she made no effort to do this simple procedural call.
Why? Was she so drunk that she knew she'd at least get a DUI, or her clock out time being too close to the shooting time for her to have been fully sober on duty? How long between the incident and her blood draw could reduce some of the alcohol from her system if a few hours had past and/or she eaten or drank non-alcoholic fluids - if she'd been drinking/drunk.
Again, if she was sober, this looks even worse and although her story is not totally impossible, it is highly *improbable* for someone who's trained to recognize her surroundings with a high degree of accuracy. What surroundings do we all know better than anywhere else, but our homes?

And I hope I'm wrong too about the Texas Rangers protecting her, but if that's not what they're doing, why nix the manslaughter charge right from the beginning?
If they're looking for more/other charges, the DA could easily upgrade charges if more evidence was found for higher charges, it just doesn't make sense to pull the manslaughter as soon as they took over the case - if their investigation found it wasn't manslaughter, they could always pull the charges later.
But, no charges also means she's probably on PAID leave ATM, whereas charges would mean unpaid leave and immediate arrest.
It's all hinky AF, and I don't expect we'll see any answers from the Texas Rangers anytime soon; they're like the FBI, they don't share any information with the public unless absolutely necessary.

Mr. Jean reminds me of my late cousin, who was a huge man that might frighten a woman who saw him on the sidewalk alone within proximity of her, but he had the heart of a teddy bear and would help others however he could without expecting anything in return.
He lived and breathed for his son and for fishing, and never hurt anything but the fish he caught for dinner - and his fried fish was as good as his hugs, the best in the world. The entire town showed up at his memorial service at the local VFW, over 700 people not counting relatives, and it was SRO.

I hope the same for Mr. Jean's service, IMO the impact you make on others in life is shown by those who come to pay respects when you've died, and from everything I've read, Mr. Jean impacted many lives for the better of those who knew him in life.
May he rest in power and peace, and that LE gets to the facts of his death and appropriate action is taken upon his killer.

Female Dallas cop who killed man in his home charged with manslaughter

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/0...an-in-his-home-charged-with-manslaughter.html

A white Dallas police officer who shot and killed a black man in his apartment after she mistook it for her own has been arrested and charged with manslaughter, authorities said Sunday.

Officer Amber Guyger, 30, was booked into the Kaufman County Jail Sunday evening after Texas Rangers arrested her in connection with the shooting of 26-year-old Botham Jean.

http://eb2.3lift.com/pass?tl_clickt...s%26utm_medium%3D2706_92012_CoreFitnessSports

http://www.fox4news.com/news/brakin...d-killed-neighbor-charged-with-manslaughter#/
guyger_1536541704287_6038438_ver1.0_640_360.png

[....]
FOX4's Clarice Tinsley spoke exclusively with Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings Sunday night about the situation. He mentioned the rumors swirling around the incident and accused one Dallas City councilman of helping spread them.

"Councilman Kingston wrote a Facebook post that is just blatantly untrue, and that does not help us in public safety. It does not help us make a better city, so I was very disappointed about that," said Mayor Rawlings.

The mayor says Kingston's Facebook posts involved claims that judges were arguing with city leaders about warrants, that the Texas Rangers did not want to take the case and that Dallas Police Chief Reneé, Hall was making decisions for reasons that were untrue.

Rawlings says he has not spoken personally to Councilman Kingston about the post but he plans to take the matter up when the council is assembled.
[....]
Dallas County D.A. Faith Johnson will hold a news conference on Monday about her office's taking charge of the investigation.

Also on Monday, the prime minister and ambassador of St. Lucia will be in Dallas to meet with Jean's family, then go to Dallas City Hall for a flag ceremony. The city does not yet have a flag from the island so it will be dedicated in Jean's memory.

She looks like a sociopathic white trash bitch. God i fucking hate white people. No surprise she's from ignorant ass Texas.

They need to release body cam footage or whatever footage they have of the shooting from 2017. I dont trust this bitch or the dept that clearly is seeking to protect her for a single fucking second. Until i see undeniable proof, i can not believe or accept that she didnt slaughter an innocent man in cold blood back in 2017 as well.

We very well may have a serial killer on our hands here folks, a white female cop who despises black men.

Sickening she is still being paid. WHy has she not been fired yet!??? It's outfuckingrageous.

Now the story has evolved to: The door was ajar and she entered and saw a silhouette of a man inside who she gave commands to before shooting him.
This conflicts with her "key didn't work" in the door lock, and with the neighbors who said she was banging on the door and shouting "Let me in!".
Regardless of where she thought she was, the moment she entered his home, she was the illegal intruder.

This is a very sympathetic victim, so this will not be going away or getting swept under anything. I haven't talked to anyone who doesn't think this is hinky as fuck. At least, though, it has been debunked that she was in a photo with him, but we still don't know if she had ever met him, etc.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/new-witnesses-contradict-dallas-officers-story-in-botham-jean-shooting
There are two mystery witnesses coming forward who are contradicting the Dallas police officer’s account of the night she walked into the wrong apartment and fatally shot a man.

Moments before 26-year-old Botham Jean was shot and killed Thursday night by off-duty DPD Officer Amber Guyger, two women say they heard banging and shouts of "Let me in."

The two witnesses are sisters. They told their contradictory story to the civil attorneys representing Jean's family. They will now tell their stories to investigators trying to gather all the information they can to present a full picture of what happened to a grand jury.

The Dallas County DA’s Office and the Texas Rangers will interview the two women who we are told have a different account of what happened before Jean was shot in his apartment by Guyger, who says she thought she was at her apartment encountering a burglar.

Cell phone video of Officer Guyger that night shows her pacing on the phone after the shooting. The video was taken by the women who did not go to police or Texas Rangers initially but took their story to Lee Merritt, an attorney for the Jean family.

“Said she heard pounding at the door, and she heard ‘Let me in.’ Shouted ‘Let me in’ at an elevated tone,” Merritt said. “She heard more pounding at the door. And then shortly thereafter, she heard gunshots.”

However, that is not the narrative of the evidentiary search warrant or Guyger's own sworn statement to the Texas Rangers.

Guyger told investigators she thought she was walking into her apartment on the third floor that night and inserted her electronic door key into the keyhole. In actuality, she was at Botham Jean’s apartment on the fourth floor, which was right above her apartment.

In her statement, Guyger said Jean’s door was slightly ajar and unlocked. She managed to get into his apartment even when she inserted the wrong key, the arrest warrant says. Once she went into the nearly completely dark room, Jean went to see who had walked into his apartment.

“Believing she had encountered a burglar, which was described as a large silhouette, across the room in her apartment; Guyger drew her firearm, gave verbal commands that were ignored by Complainant Jean,” the arrest warrant said.
[....]
The district attorney's office has no timetable for taking the case to the grand jury, but the sit-down interview with the two women could come this week.

Guyger's lead attorney tells FOX 4 he is trying to assemble a team to represent her and is not yet ready to make any public statements.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/protesters-march-through-dallas-demand-murder-charge
[....]
The group marched from Dallas Police Department headquarters to the apartment complex where Botham Jean was shot and killed inside of his apartment by Officer Amber Guyger on Thursday.

The demonstration was organized by the Next Generation Action Network. The group called the legal system unfair and say it protects white police officers who kill unarmed black men.

“Now we live in a time where everyone is equal and we need to adapt to that, and if people can’t adapt to that, they need to ask themselves, ‘Do you really deserve to be in America?’” said Lily Washington, who attended the protest.
[....]

The work discrediting the victim has begun.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/search...-botham-jeans-apartment-after-deadly-shooting
DALLAS - Following the shooting death of Botham Jean by the hands of Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, multiple search warrants were executed at Jean’s apartment as part of the investigation.

Attorneys for Botham Jean's family are outraged that the document describing drug evidence became public on the same day of his funeral.

One of the warrants became a public record Thursday afternoon when it was returned to the judge who signed it. It was shortly after Jean’s funeral had ended. It listed several items found in Jean's apartment, including a small amount of marijuana.

There have been several warrants signed by judges and executed in this case aside from the arrest warrant for Guyger and the search warrant signed September 7 that were returned to the court on Thursday. The others are still sealed and not accessible.

The search warrant executed in Jean’s apartment at South Side Flats specifically sought fired cartridge casings, fired projectiles, firearms, ballistic vests, keys, evidence of blood, video surveillance systems, and contraband such as narcotics and other items used in criminal offenses.

The inventory return yielded:
2 fired cartridge casings
1 laptop computer
1 black backpack with police equipment and paperwork
1 insulated lunch box
1 black ballistic vest with "police" markings
10.4 grams of marijuana in ziplock bags
1 metal marijuana grinder
2 RFID keys
2 used packages of medical aid

The document does not say where any of the items were located in the apartment or who the items belong to.

The Jean family's legal team was unaware of the document when it was first released. Regardless of whose marijuana it was, the attorneys say it doesn't matter.

“I think it’s unfortunate that law enforcement begin to immediately criminalize the victim — in this case, someone who was clearly was the victim that has absolutely no bearing on the fact that he was shot in his home,” said Lee Merritt, attorney for Jean’s family. “I would love to see more information coming out about the warrants executed on the home of the shooter who lived just below him. I haven’t seen any of those. And particularly for it to be on this day the day that we remember and celebrate him... to see the common assassination attempt on the victim that we often see in law enforcement involved shootings.”

“It doesn't change the story,” said Daryl Washington, attorney for the Jean family. “She claimed that she went into a place she thought was her apartment. She didn't claim she had gone somewhere because she thought there was some sort of criminal activity.”

“I know because of how he lived his life it won't stain his reputation because he lived his life so virtuously,” Merritt added. “But it's unfortunate law enforcement has taken this turn.”

Attorney Pete Schulte, who is not connected to the case, says the defense will likely bring it up in trial if the marijuana turns out to be his.

“I'm not saying Mr. Jean is a bad guy because he had some marijuana in his apartment,” Schulte said. “But it could help add some explanation to this crazy case. It just adds another layer of complexity.”

Schulte says it's common practice for detectives investigating a case to cast a wide net when seeking a search warrant.

The request for the warrant does list a wide range of items — from blood evidence and keys, to video surveillance systems and "any contraband, such as narcotics, and other items that may have been used in criminal offenses."

Other attorneys not associated with the case say that specific language may have been used for items that were in plain sight.

“They do a broad spectrum of what they're looking for when they get these search warrants,” Schulte said. “Now toxicology is important, both with Officer Guyger and Mr. Jean, because it could explain how this case happened. How things went south so quickly.”

By law, a warrant must be executed within 72 hours of when it was issued. As far as the timing of the return to the court, nearly a week later?

“There's nothing nefarious about it. I think it just got done,” Schulte said. “They've got to get it to the court, and it got to the court today.”
[....]
“This is nothing but a disgusting attempt to assassinate the character of a wonderful young man,” said Ben Crump, attorney for the Jean family.

There have been several warrants signed by judges and executed in the case so we could learn of additional items retrieved. It’s unclear if those requests included any warrants to search Officer Guyger's apartment as well.

Guyger did consent to a blood draw the night of the shooting. Toxicology reports for both her and Jean are still pending.

“But it could help add some explanation to this crazy case.

HOW?

If he had been in there dead drunk/stoned or whatever, he was in his house not bothering anybody when she busted up in there and shot him for being at home. Nothing inside that apartment, that doesn't belong to her, should have no relevance to this at all, especially since she's not claiming to be trying to stop a crime in progress.

So, the warrant issued to investigate the victim's residence specifically mentioned drugs in the search items...
However, there has been NO search warrant submitted at this time for the residence of Amber Guyger - none, even though she was the one who was on the wrong floor, at the wrong door with the wrong apt. number and killed a man in his own home - because she thought it was hers?
This whole case, and the investigation around it just smacks of white privilege; "What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too."
SMDH at this shit, yet there are still too many dumb fucks who are clueless to the truth of why people #TakeAKnee.

Only thing that makes sense to take as evidence is the computer, as they would need to investigate to ensure there was no link between him and the criminal. If they go into his comp and find some vids of them banging, or messages shared between the two, shit like that, that'd be mighty fucking important.

So, the warrant issued to investigate the victim's residence specifically mentioned drugs in the search items...
However, there has been NO search warrant submitted at this time for the residence of Amber Guyger - none, even though she was the one who was on the wrong floor, at the wrong door with the wrong apt. number and killed a man in his own home - because she thought it was hers?
This whole case, and the investigation around it just smacks of white privilege; "What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too."
SMDH at this shit, yet there are still too many dumb fucks who are clueless to the truth of why people #TakeAKnee.

Such a great fucking point. I am curious though, would they need a warrant if an individual/suspect/whoever gave them permission? If she said, "yeah search my shit", would they still need the warrant?

Honestly, at this point, I am going to go ahead and choose to believe that the marijuana found in the victims apt belonged to the govt stormtrooper that MURDERED him.

I think it would be entirely fair to accuse the police of planting the evidence. If i were the familys attorney, i would be throwing some serious shit around like that. Given the other misconduct on display here, i dont think it's possible to rule out this is a very likely scenario.

There had even been a noise complaint on the very day he was killed. The cop lived in the apartment directly below him. I wonder if she got tired of making noise complaints and decided to resolve the issue permanently?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...uygers-account-shot-across-room-officials-say

This is very, very, very possible.

Last edited:
Only thing that makes sense to take as evidence is the computer, as they would need to investigate to ensure there was no link between him and the criminal. If they go into his comp and find some vids of them banging, or messages shared between the two, shit like that, that'd be mighty fucking important.

Such a great fucking point. I am curious though, would they need a warrant if an individual/suspect/whoever gave them permission? If she said, "yeah search my shit", would they still need the warrant?

Honestly, at this point, I am going to go ahead and choose to believe that the marijuana found in the victims apt belonged to the govt stormtrooper that MURDERED him.

I think it would be entirely fair to accuse the police of planting the evidence. If i were the familys attorney, i would be throwing some serious shit around like that. Given the other misconduct on display here, i dont think it's possible to rule out this is a very likely scenario.

This is very, very, very possible.

I'm kinda wondering why they would need a warrant to search the victim's home, since it should be considered a crime scene, a warrant is usually unnecessary - unless they don't consider his home a crime scene?
And you nailed it on his computer being the most important evidence at the crime scene, along with any/all camera footage that was taken by her personal duty cam, the apartment complex's cams at entrances/hallways, or bystanders who watched and recorded this unfolding.

If she gave permission for her home to be searched, then no warrant is needed, unless they wanted to be certain they'd dotted their "I"'s and crossed their "t"'s, just in case she doesn't later claim she gave no permission for a search.
Still, there's been no search of her home, nor warrants to do so reported as of now.
My first thoughts were the same Jack, how do we know it's not her weed that she ditched in his home as soon as she'd realized it wasn't her apt.?
It's amazing to me that they're trying to discredit the dead victim because they claim to have found some weed in his home, as if it makes everything she did
perfectly legal and reasonable.:rolleyes:

Back