• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SoUncool

With my all by myself...
El Paso County Deputies Shoot, Kill Man Believed To Be Father

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/16680807/detail.html

MANITOU SPRINGS, CO. -- Sheriff's deputies shot and killed a man suspected of fatally injuring his two children in his home outside Manitou Springs before deputies arrived Sunday.

Deputies were checking on the man's home at 6241 Waterfall Loop in a gated mountain community around 4:45 p.m. after the children's mother told authorities she was worried he might hurt their children, ages 2 and 5, sheriff's Lt. Lari Sevene said.

It is believed the kids were in the custody of their father at the time of their deaths.

Deputies who arrived got no answer at the door and looked through a window to see two children with "obvious injuries," Sevene said. She could not confirm what injuries they had or how they might have been injured. She said it appeared the father may have injured them before deputies arrived. The children did not survive.

After deputies burst into the home, the deputies were confronted by the father and opened fire, Sevene said. She said a deputy shot the man, who died. The deputy was on leave Monday, which is standard procedure in a fatal shooting.

No names were immediately released and autopsies were planned on all three. Deputies said it wasn't clear if the man and woman were separated or divorced.

No pics or names yet.

Jesus Christ I wish these pieces of shit would just kill themselves and leave their kids alone.

Poor, poor children. I hope their end was quick. I wonder why the mother did not have custody of her children?

Father Accused of Killing Kids Had Criminal Past

Posted: June 23, 2008 01:46 PM
Updated: June 23, 2008 02:34 PM
By Tak Landrock

MANITOU SPRINGS - The father, who deputies say killed his two small children Sunday afternoon had a criminal past. 37-year old Scott Montgomery was set to go to trial court in July to face charges of domestic violence.

Court records obtained by NEWSCHANNEL 13 show Manitou Springs Police charged Montgomery in May.

In November of last year, he was charged by the El Paso County Sheriff's Office for the same charge, along with harassment where he hit someone. Those charges were later dismissed by the court.

A neighbor who spoke with NEWSCHANNEL 13 says the couple was going through a bitter custody battle.

It was Sunday afternoon when El Paso County Sheriff's Deputies responded to a home off Waterfall Loop, a gated community just west of Manitou Springs. Deputies were checking the home after the man's wife called 911 saying Montgomery was making "threatening statements."

When deputies arrived, they found two small children, ages two and five, on a bed with fatal injuries. According to the El Paso County Sheriff's office, it appeared the father injured the two brothers before deputies arrived. They were pronounced dead at the scene.

Rest of story

Last edited:
How do people become so damaged to do this type of thing? I have lived through some bullshit- haven't we all? No explanation. I am glad the fucker is DEAD. Sorry mom.:tsk:

Damnit the freaking hell..why is these sick son of a bitches always have to take the kids with them, I know it is because they figure that is the only way they can hurt the mother!!

Bastards!!! With the charges that he was facing and the messy divorce going on, it would be over my dead body bdfore he had any visitation!

More tidbits of new info:

http://origin.denverpost.com/ci_9676130

The father suspected of killing his young sons Sunday had tried to kill himself before wielding a knife at sheriff's deputies and taking a fatal bullet.

Scott Allen Montgomery, 37, "had several self-inflicted wounds and blood was everywhere," said El Paso County Sheriff's Lt. Lari Sevene on Monday.

The children's mother, Carrie Montgomery, had called the Sheriff's Office on Sunday afternoon concerned about her children because of troubling statements her estranged husband had made, investigators said.

Back