• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...il_gun_at_womans_h.html#incart_river_home_pop
A man shot a woman with a nail gun several times in the head before using the tool to attempt suicide, Oregon State Police said.

Both survived, but Eve Pagliaro, 31, of Eugene remains in critical condition. Troy V. Thompson, 46, was arrested after being released from the hospital.

Thompson faces a first-degree assault accusation after the roadside incident Wednesday on Oregon 58 east of Lowell, said Oregon State Police Capt. Bill Fugate.

Emergency crews responded after a 911 caller reported a man and woman had attempted suicide with multiple nails stuck inside their heads. Pagliaro and Thompson were rushed to the hospital.

Their car was parked on the side of Goodman Creek Road, and the couple was found outside in close proximity, Fugate said. Investigators determined Thompson shot Pagliaro several times in the back of the head with the nail gun then shot himself "at least once," Fugate said.

Investigators are trying to determine whether the incident was a murder-suicide or if Pagliaro willingly participated, Fugate said. The pair, who were found by passers-by, had rented the nail gun and a compressor in Eugene.
[....]
arrested Thompson and booked him into the Lane County Jail on Monday after his release from the hospital. Pagliaro remains hospitalized, Fugate said.

More information about the case could be released later this week, he said.
20519571-small_zpsqdwbuanl.jpg

Yikes!!! Nail gun suicide pact ...:wtf:
Which isn't the case at all :shifty: he was trying to kill the bitch.

... Shooting himself was an afterthought.
[doublepost=1465498131,1465498054][/doublepost]
I thought about posting a link in shout for someone to post this story... but then I just felt ashamed. Some of the DUMBEST crimes come out of Oregon! :banghead:
You will never be Florida ... so Scream Oregon LOUD -N- PROUD!!! :nana:<3<3

This dude has really evil eyes. I don't believe she was in on it. This was domestic violence at its finest. I hope she survives and I hope he gets put away for a very long time.

A nailgun for real?
Shit a hatchet or axe would be more friggin' humane.

Well for prison he should have four nails gunned into random parts of his body every single day for twenty years.

Had a quick search through journals far more common and less fatal then I realised, but obviously it's a traumatic brain injury so short/long term effects vary widely, hope she's doing okay.

From 2001-2005,there were 37,000 injuries caused by nail guns. Of those, 40% were to non-construction workers.
Fatality is reported in up to 40% of cases involving penetrating head trauma. Compressed air nail guns, specifically, are reported to fire at up to 425 meters per second and can cause significant brain injury.
http://www.jems.com/articles/print/...ient-care/injury-power-tool-unusual-inci.html

I agree in theory but it might actually be better to have the other person do it. Double tap me and make sure, ya know?

That's a pretty big pact...I would honour my side. I got the balls for it.
[doublepost=1465521960,1465521715][/doublepost]
I hope she survives and

she can tell us all about it. I'm gagging to get her side.

Why didn't he just aim for the eyeballs when he decided to go for it. Not that I'm down with murder, but, if you're going to kill somebody, why make it harder.

2uduadf.jpg

If you make it to the end of the whole story at the link, you get a cookie. I have to wonder what the good Samaritans at the end had to be thinking. You'll see what I mean. ;)

Creswell man accused of firing nine nails into a Eugene woman’s head in a botched homicide-suicide told investigators that he had first met the woman just one day before the bizarre incident, when she approached him and said she needed someone to kill her, police say in a report made public this week.

Troy Vance Thompson, 46, gave a detailed statement to Oregon State Police troopers on June 2, one day after he allegedly used a compressed-air nail gun to shoot three-inch nails into the back of the 31-year-old victim’s head.

Thompson spoke to police at a Springfield hospital while he was recovering from an injury he suffered when he fired a single nail into his own head during the June 1 incident off Highway 58 east of Lowell.

Thompson was lodged in the Lane County Jail after being discharged from the hospital on June 6. Prosecutors have charged him with first-degree assault but have not yet asked a grand jury to review evidence in the case.

The victim’s current condition, meanwhile, is not known. Police said last week that she remained hospitalized in critical condition; a prosecutor and a hospital spokeswoman both said Tuesday that they had no updated information to disclose about the woman. The Register-Guard typically does not identify alleged crime victims.

Details of the case are contained in a search warrant affidavit filed in Lane County Circuit Court by OSP trooper Cale Day, one of two state troopers who spoke with Thompson at PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield on June 2.

Thompson told investigators that he did not know the woman before crossing paths with her on May 31, when she stopped her car on Highway 99 in Eugene and approached him while he walked along the road, Day wrote.

Thompson said the woman told him she “needed someone to kill her” because she did not want to be committed to a mental hospital, Day says in the report.

Thompson told police the woman first asked him to stab her in the chest, then discussed obtaining a gun before trying to convince him to beat her with a hammer or baseball bat, Day wrote.

The pair talked about killing themselves before the woman announced a plan to get a nail gun and then travel to the woods to carry out a homicide-suicide, according to the report.

The manager of an equipment rental store in Eugene corroborated Thompson’s claim that the woman had gone into the business on June 1 and rented a nail gun and an air compressor, Day wrote. Police said the compressor is gas-powered.

The store manager told Day that the woman had “requested the nail gun with the largest nails,” and left after renting the equipment and purchasing a number of 3-inch nails, the trooper’s report says.

Thompson told investigators that after traveling with the woman to Goodman Creek Road off Highway 58, he discharged three nails from the gun into the back of her head, then stopped. He said the woman “was still alive and told him to keep going (and) reminded Troy he had promised her he would help her,” Day wrote.

Thompson said that after firing a total of nine nails into the woman’s head, he shot himself with the nail gun and then passed out. He said he later awoke to find the woman walking near him, the report says.

Thompson told police the woman got into her car, activated the hazard lights and pushed in the clutch, causing the vehicle to roll backward into a ditch.

Three passers-by arrived a short time later. They drove Thompson and the woman to the highway and called police, Day says in the report.

The victim’s mother, meanwhile, told a detective that her daughter is delusional and has bipolar disorder, and had been hospitalized several times in the last year while struggling with mental illness, Day wrote.

The victim’s mother also said her daughter had asked friends and family members to help her die, had gone to parks to ask strangers to kill her, and made similar requests in notices posted on an online classified ad service, according to the report.

The mother said her daughter had stopped taking unspecified, prescription medication for mental health problems three weeks before the nail gun assault, the report says.
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...recruited-him-to-kill-her-police-say.html.csp

Last edited:
Why do I find this really fucking funny!
See, my favorite part was rolling up on an incoherent woman sitting in a ditch who gets out of the car and has 9 3-inch nails embedded in her skull! :zombie::zombie::zombie:

:hilarious:

(although I did giggle after he shot 3, stopped, and she said "you promised! Keep shooting!" It's pretty damn giggle worthy. Damn vivid imagination!)

Last edited:
Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I chuckled. Still am.

These two totally deserved to find each other. Fate. It's a wonderful thing. :hilarious:

The victim’s current condition, meanwhile, is not known. Police said last week that she remained hospitalized in critical condition; a prosecutor and a hospital spokeswoman both said Tuesday that they had no updated information to disclose about the woman. The Register-Guard typically does not identify alleged crime victims.

Damn!

He couldn't kill her even when trying.

And yeah it's tragic, but damn funny.

Just a thought ..... if you really want death by nail gun to be your method of euthanasia, get someone who knows how to use the bloody thing.

Speaking from experience (I'm a roofer and fencer) they hadn't adjusted and probably didn't know how to adjust the punching power. You need a lot more air to drive a 3"nail, than a 1".

I'm guessing this was how he put 9 nails in her and she lived. The wound on dumbass aboves forehead doesn't look too bad.

Just like in Mr Larson's head in Happy Gilmore above. :D

Last edited:
Especially when you're so ill equipped to commit suicide you can't seem to hit anything important while you're shooting yourself in the head with nails.o_O

We could use pills?....no
We could use a gun?....nah
How about drowning?.....nope
Jump off a building?....mmmm, no
I know! lets jam nails into our heads till we are dead!......fucking great! What time can you be by?

This is so unfair.
The guy was being helpful and now look.

He has a puncture to his forehead and a legal mess to deal with.

You know what they say; no good deed goes unpunished.

Seriously though ... Your walking on the shoulder of a highway when a car pulls over, the window rolls down and the occupant of that vehicle says, "Sir, I can see that you have a kind face and if it wouldn't be too much trouble or inconvenience and you find it doesn't violate your principles ..."

And what are the incredible odds do you suppose that Troy Shoulder Walker didn't even blink before acquiescing to crazy-on-a-stick?

The nailman needed a break after sending only three nails into the back of her head. Pitiful!

The fact that his brand new acquaintance lived after a further volley of six more shots ... pretty lame.

You know what they say; no good deed goes unpunished.

And it appears more and more that They are correct.

Two dumbasses doing dumbasses' things together. At first, this sounded like a really bad drunken story. Then I realized it was two mentally ill people at the wrong place, wrong time.

at the wrong place, wrong time.

Where ever you are (any of us) is where you"re supposed to be...because that's where

you are. <3
[doublepost=1466389989,1466389750][/doublepost]
And what are the incredible odds do you suppose that Troy Shoulder Walker didn't even blink before acquiescing to crazy-on-a-stick?

That's what I thought too...OMG, He agreed.

I have a headache after reading this.
A former firefighter who shot nine 3-inch nails into the back of a woman’s head in a botched suicide pact has been sentenced to two years in state prison.

The Register Guard reports Wednesday that Troy Thompson pleaded guilty to attempted second-degree manslaughter after accepting a plea deal that allowed him to avoid a possible maximum sentence of more than seven years.

The 31-year-old woman suffered permanent brain damage from the June 1 incident.

[…]

The Register Guard says the woman had bipolar disorder and had stopped her medication three weeks earlier.
LINK

Back