• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Alabama man who was sentenced to death after killing four people, including two young girls, more than 20 years ago in a dispute over a pickup truck is set to be executed Thursday evening.

Michael Brandon Samra, 41, will receive a lethal injection at the state prison in Atmore for the March 23, 1997 killings of Randy Duke, 39, Dedra Mims Hunt, 29, Chelsea Marie Hunt, 7, and Chelisa Nicole Hunt, 6.

Samra was convicted of capital murder after prosecutors say he and friend Mark Duke planned the killings of Duke’s father and his father’s girlfriend and two young daughters. Evidence showed that Duke wanted to commit the murders because he was angry that his father wouldn’t let him use his pickup truck.

Duke killed his father with a gunshot to the face and Samra shot Hunt. She survived and fled to another part of the house but was killed when Duke found her in the bathroom hiding. Because the two teens had run out of bullets, court documents say they used a knife to cut the throats of Chelisa and Chelsea.

Samra was said to have held down the 7-year-old girl while she begged for mercy before he killed her.

Duke’s life sentence was overturned because he was only 16 at the time of the crimes. Samra, who was 19, was denied an extension by the U.S. Supreme Court while the Kentucky Supreme Court continues to consider whether anyone younger than 21 at the time of a crime should be put to death.

Gov. Kay Ivey hasn't acted on a request for a reprieve on the same grounds.

In a letter to the governor seeking mercy for the inmate, Samra's lawyer said his client confessed to the slayings, expressed remorse and participated only at Duke's request.

Last edited:
... just participating to make your friend happy...
In some ways, this makes it worse IMHO. The other kid obviously had issues with his father, which doesn't make killing him right, but I can comprehend perhaps feeling so much anger at the issues over the years that you finally snap and feel absolute fury.

Samra, on the other hand, helped kill four people because his pal was angry over a truck. He had no personal motivation or grudge, yet he was willing to kill little girls because his friend was annoyed. That is cold blooded.

ATMORE, Ala. (AP) -- A man condemned to die for his role in a quadruple killing that followed a dispute over a pickup truck was put to death Thursday evening in Alabama, after declining to make any last-minute appeals in the hours preceding his execution.

Michael Brandon Samra, 41, was pronounced dead at 7:33 p.m. following a three-drug injection at the state prison at Atmore, prison authorities said.

Samra and a friend, Mark Duke, were convicted of capital murder in the deaths of Duke's father, the father's girlfriend and the woman's two elementary-age daughters in 1997. The two adults were shot and the children had their throats slit. Evidence showed that Duke planned the killings because he was angry his father wouldn't let him use his pickup.

Link

--Al

Chelisa and Chelsea

His last words were a prayer. “I would like to thank Jesus for everything he’s done for me,” he said. “I want to thank Jesus for shedding his blood for my sins. Thank you for your grace Jesus, amen.”

I hope his last moment of consciousness and his eternal resting is filled with Chelsea's voice begging for her life.

I love how these fucks think because theyve accepted "jesus" they will be saved. Wake up call if there is a heaven why would you think "god" would let you in with the innocent children you killed? I hope he's getting fucked by demons right now
If his repentance is sincere, if he means it when he says he's remorseful for his actions, if he has accepted baptism into Christ's Kingdom, then by doctrine he, much like Karla Faye Tucker, is in heaven. That is not a free pass, though.

In The Parable of the Penny, Jesus drew a bright line between what is Caesar's and what is the Lord's. In this case, forgiveness of his sins and redemption was the Lord's to give; execution was the state's to enact. And the one does not overlap with the other, even though some desperately want it to.

--Al

If his repentance is sincere, if he means it when he says he's remorseful for his actions, if he has accepted baptism into Christ's Kingdom, then by doctrine he, much like Karla Faye Tucker, is in heaven. That is not a free pass, though.

In The Parable of the Penny, Jesus drew a bright line between what is Caesar's and what is the Lord's. In this case, forgiveness of his sins and redemption was the Lord's to give; execution was the state's to enact. And the one does not overlap with the other, even though some desperately want it to.

--Al

It's times like this that i take comfort in the solid, undeniable, clear FACT that there is nothingness after death, just the cold dark void forever, no matter who you are or what you do.

Back