• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-pushes-random-passerby-front-oncoming-truck-downtown/story?id=59646011
[....]
In the surveillance video, acquired by Los Angeles ABC station KABC, a man is seen sitting on a bench by the sidewalk. He jumps toward one woman and startles her, before sitting back down.

But as the next passerby, a man in a suit, walks past, the man jumps off the bench and shoves him into the street right as a box truck is pulling up. The truck manages to slam on the brakes to avoid running over the man lying in the street, but he's still caught under the front wheel.

The suspect calmly picks up something off the street and walks away.

The video shows the truck driver get out of the cab and attempt to help the injured man as several onlookers also rush to help.

The man remains in the hospital in critical condition with a collapsed lung and multiple broken bones, according to KABC. His injuries are not considered life-threatening.

The suspect was arrested just hours after the incident. The Los Angeles Police Department thanked KABC and the Los Angeles Fire Department after a firefighter saw the video and detained the suspect Wednesday evening.

"It was definitely the bright neon rain jacket and the baggy pants, and just the demeanor the guy had," firefighter Austen Johnson told KABC.

"We followed him a couple blocks and made notification to LAPD," Fire Station 9 Capt. Raymond Robles said. "I am happy [he was arrested]. I hope the gentleman he pushed has a speedy recovery and for the individual that did push him, hopefully he can do a little soul searching on what he did was wrong, and keep him off the street from hurting anybody else."

The suspect is expected to be charged with attempted murder, according to KABC.

Attachments

• push2.jpg
    push2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,494
This is the shocking moment a homeless man was caught shoving a stranger under a truck in an unprovoked daytime attack in downtown Los Angeles.

Disturbing surveillance footage shows the victim being knocked into a busy road and pinned under the wheels of a truck.

The man - thought to be in his 60s - is said to have been critically injured by the brutal assault after being pushed into the oncoming traffic.

The homeless man initially startles a woman walking by on the sidewalk before his victim - a man in a suit - appears in the opposite direction.

Without warning the suspect stands up and pushes the random pedestrian into the road before appearing to pick something up from the ground and then calmly walking off.

His victim, meanwhile, has been struck by a truck and remains trapped under its front left tire for at least ten seconds.

A passerby rushes to help the man and the truck's driver quickly backs up his vehicle as the victim writhes in agony.

The man was rushed to hospital in a critical condition and LA police say he suffered a collapsed lung and broken bones.

Officer Mike Lopez told ktla he is expected to survive and that the suspect was a homeless man who lives in the area, but did not provide his name.

The suspect was caught and arrested on Wednesday evening following a manhunt which lasted several hours until firefighters spotted him still in the high vis jacket.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nger-truck-unprovoked-attack-Los-Angeles.html

Video at link

The perp is a fucking psycho. I'm not interested in motive or the background.
Neither the victim nor the driver did anything wrongm
There isn't any useful motive beyond fucking crazy.
Imagine how the truck driver feels, it will never go away.
And all that double speak from the "spokesperson". Fucking rubbish.

What would I even do if some one did this to me ... be scared to go outside for a little while I guess.

Park an International Harvester on this f****** melon.
While I appreciate there is likely mental illness here, it makes a fabulous argument for why mental institutions should be brought back with a vengeance. People like this need to be institutionalized and locked away from the public for their safety and ours.

I think he was after their cell phones. The woman he almost pushed had her phone in her hand. The man he did push dropped something as he fell and the suspect immediately picked it up off the sidewalk and put it in his pocket. I bet it was his phone. Lots of people have their phone in their hand regularly. If you knock them down, you can probably steal it fairly easily.

That would be just my fucking luck. (If I ever ventured outside, among people. *shudder*)

I'm picturing it now.... pissed off and waaaay under caffeinated on a Monday morning. Overslept and late to my shit job. On the phone with a damn bill collector and another buzzing in through call waiting. Shoe is untied and I just realized one of my socks is inside out. But.... in the distance... my favorite coffee shop. The one with the to die for cheese danish. Yeah, my day is about to get a little better. What's that? The beginning of a tiny smile on my overworked, stressed the fuck out, tired face? It is! Maybe, just maybe I'll get through this bitch of a day. Then... BAM! MOTHERFUCKER pushes me in front of a fucking truck.

Fuck humans.

That would be just my fucking luck. (If I ever ventured outside, among people. *shudder*)

I'm picturing it now.... pissed off and waaaay under caffeinated on a Monday morning. Overslept and late to my shit job. On the phone with a damn bill collector and another buzzing in through call waiting. Shoe is untied and I just realized one of my socks is inside out. But.... in the distance... my favorite coffee shop. The one with the to die for cheese danish. Yeah, my day is about to get a little better. What's that? The beginning of a tiny smile on my overworked, stressed the fuck out, tired face? It is! Maybe, just maybe I'll get through this bitch of a day. Then... BAM! MOTHERFUCKER pushes me in front of a fucking truck.

Fuck humans.

Are you reading my mind???

Wow this is one of the luckiest people on the internet. THere are thousands of videos, mostly from third world countries where human life isnt valued, where people get turned into wads of chewed bubble gum by large trucks.

The driver of that vehicle deserves massive accolades and a monetary award. Seriously impressive he stopped so quick and saved this mans life.

Miraculous.

I think he was after their cell phones. The woman he almost pushed had her phone in her hand. The man he did push dropped something as he fell and the suspect immediately picked it up off the sidewalk and put it in his pocket. I bet it was his phone. Lots of people have their phone in their hand regularly. If you knock them down, you can probably steal it fairly easily.

Didnt notice. Why no theft charge on top of everything else i wonder.

A man who was accused of pushing a pedestrian in front of an oncoming truck in downtown Los Angeles last week was charged Friday for that crime in addition to two other "random and unprovoked attacks," ABC News reported, citing prosecutors.

The suspect, identified as 31-yeard-old Garrett Boldt, was seen in surveillance footage from Wednesday morning, sitting on a sidewalk before appearing to jump up and startle a woman before sitting back down.

Boldt was also accused of two other "random and unprovoked" attacks last week, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office said Friday.

Prosecutors said the suspect had allegedly tackled a woman to the ground Tuesday and had punched a woman a bus stop the day of the alleged shoving.

Boldt was arrested Wednesday and charged Friday with premediate attempted murder, among other charges.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...oncoming-truck-charged-prosecutors/ar-BBQK4Lr

Back