• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1568384895064.png

SCHENECTADY — A city man got into an idling Schenectady police SUV early Sunday and moved it in what he soon told officers was a "joke," authorities said this week.

However, he soon found himself charged with multiple felonies, though a prosecutor said the specific allegations appeared to merit a less-serious charge.

The incident happened just after 1 a.m. Sunday near the intersection of State Street and the Jay Street walkway, when city police Sgt. Adriel Linyear got out of his police SUV, authorities said.

Soon after, while Linyear was nearby, Luke Palumbo, 24, of Gillespie Street, got in the driver's seat, police allege.

Palumbo then moved the SUV "back a bit in the parking spot, then moved it back again," city police spokesman Sgt. Nick Mannix said.

Linyear saw what was happening, returned and arrested Palumbo, Mannix said. Palumbo told police he did it as a joke, Mannix said.

Police charged Palumbo with second-degree grand larceny and second-degree criminal possession of stolen property, felonies, on the grounds that the SUV is valued at more than $50,000.

Police also charged him with fourth-degree grand larceny and fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, felonies, related to a police 12-gauge shotgun that was inside the SUV.

The final charge was a misdemeanor third-degree unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.

charged Palumbo with second-degree grand larceny and second-degree criminal possession of stolen property, felonies, on the grounds that the SUV is valued at more than $50,000.

Police also charged him with fourth-degree grand larceny and fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, felonies, related to a police 12-gauge shotgun that was inside the SUV.

The final charge was a misdemeanor third-degree unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.

I will be honest, I have always wondered what kind of charges came with this particular crime, I see cops just abandoning their vehicles with the keys int he ignition on their way to chase down a perp, anyone elses car and you you would get a slap on the wrist.

OMG guys, he was joking, I mean, can't cops take a joke? He's only a kid, a child, he didn't mean any harm,he was just playing, felonies for a joke! :rolleyes: Oh my goodness!

This idiot deserves all they can throw at him for being, well, an idiot. If it's not yours, then you don't touch it, it's just that simple,.

Back