• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I read that his relatives are saying he was a “really good boy,” really Christian, like, attending-church-three-times-a-week Christian, but that he was also mentally ill. He apparently told his mom not that long ago that he was having “bad dreams.”

I’m wondering if his family didn’t realize how seriously ill he was, or if low-level mental illness exploded into psychosis overnight (he is the prime age for developing schizophrenia), with or without drugs? Maybe he decided to self-medicate his deteriorating mental illness with drugs?
This actually happened 5 miles down the road from me! He attended the same high school as my son ...my son said the boy would bring his Bible to school with him everyday and it's true he went to church regularly it's sad cause I really do think he had to be mentally sick to do what he did prayers for the family

This actually happened 5 miles down the road from me! He attended the same high school as my son ...my son said the boy would bring his Bible to school with him everyday and it's true he went to church regularly it's sad cause I really do think he had to be mentally sick to do what he did prayers for the family
I would be concerned about a teen boy who carried a bible everywhere.

By June 2020, the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Roanoke announced the cause of death for Joan Bernard and Cullen Bivens to be a rifle wound of the head. The cause of death for Emily Bivens has been determined to be rifle wounds of the head and abdomen.

Matthew Bernard, the brother of Emily Bivens and son of Joan Bernard, is accused of killing the two, along with Emily’s son, Cullen, in August 2019. Search warrants uncovered by WFXR revealed a possible motive in the case.
Matthew Bernard was previously ruled incompetent to stand trial. A court filing stated that he could be rehabilitated to competency “solely on an inpatient basis in a hospital” and stand trial for the murders at a future date.
On Wednesday, Oct. 28, WFXR News learned that Matthew Bernard’s preliminary hearing — which was set for Thursday, Oct. 29 — has been continued to March 31, 2021.

Latest posts

Back