• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
CHAMPION, Ohio (WKBN) – A small child died Monday after he fell from a lawnmower.

The accident happened about 6:45 p.m. at a property on Anderson Anthony Road N.W. in Champion Township.

A man called 911 and said his 3-year-old son fell from the mower while he was cutting the grass and went under the mower deck. The man said the boy was not breathing, according to the 911 report.

Full Story:

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew someone who ran their kid over with a riding lawnmower when the child was around 3, and it badly cut the child's arm. I think there was a partial amputation. She had miraculously escaped injury in a car accident when she was thrown car seat and all and then, this. Sadly, the girl committed suicide at age 12.

We don't have a riding lawnmower, but my grandkids aren't allowed outside when it's in use. It is monumentally stupid to let a child ride on the seat with you.

@Satanica said
. It is monumentally stupid to let a child ride on the seat with you.

I have spend literally hundreds of hours on a riding mower. I don't see how if the child was sitting on dad's lap he could get thrown in front of the mower.

Either the child was sitting on the hood and fell directly in front as dad was driving forward which would be even dumber than on the dad's lap because there would be nothing for the child to hold on to and the plastic hoods are rounded and the plastic is slippery orrrrr the kid was on the back behind the seat out of dad's view and dad quickly changed his direction the kid lost balance and fell dad backed over him.
When I first adopted my daughter (she was 7) I got up early to mow our yard while she was sleeping. I didn't even know she was outside. I started to back up but I always turn and look because our pony liked to run behind the mower. Well it wasn't the pony it was her in her PJs just running behind as I mowed. I lost my temper and screamed at her how dangerous it was. Then we both cried. I explained how she had to stay inside the house when I mowed, used the skidder, or either tractor.

It's incredibly stupid to mow with a child around. Now this dad knows it.

Well I guess the one thing we all know now is that the kid was not brought to Earth in an alien spaceship from an exploding home planet. An asshole cutting his grass with his little kid sitting on his lap on a riding lawn mower yeah you know how that one ends.

Back