• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

mynameiskat

Brown Chicken Brown Cow
This makes me so proud of my town... Sigh

Man killed, pregnant woman suspected of DUI in
http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article79048827.html

A Lemoore man is dead and a pregnant Clovis woman is in custody on suspicion of felony DUI and vehicular manslaughter after a crash Friday night on Highway 41 in Madera County, the California Highway Patrol said.

CHP Officer Paul Varner said the crash happened about 9:50 p.m. on northbound Highway 41 north of the North Fork turnoff. A Chevrolet Cruze driven by 23-year-old Candice Ooley rear-ended a Hummer H3 driven by a Lemoore man. The Hummer careened down an embankment.

ooley

Candice Ooley, 23, of Clovis was booked into the Madera County jail just after 4 a.m. May 21 on suspicion of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated and other DUI-related offenses in relation with a fatal crash late May 20 on Highway 41.

Ooley was booked into the Madera County jail after 4 a.m. on suspicion of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated and other DUI-related offenses. Her total bond was set at $151,900.

Ooley was honored as a Buchanan High junior in 2010 in a Clovis Unified program that recognizes students who overcome personal obstacles to achieve education goals. Attempts to reach her family Saturday were unsuccessful.

The CHP did not immediately release names, but Varner said the man appeared to be in his 40s or 50s.

There were three other people in the Hummer, and all were taken to area hospitals for treatment of minor injuries. No children were involved and no one else was in the Cruze, Varner said.

There was no immediate word about the condition of Ooley or her unborn child. Officer Justin Montooth in the CHP Fresno office said Saturday that Madera County CHP officers still were gathering details about the accident. A statement would be released by Monday, Montooth said.

Madera County law enforcement officials were not immediately available to comment.

Cleanup lasted more than four hours after the accident.

98zosw.jpg

@Satanica
A pregnant Clovis woman who caused a deadly crash while highly intoxicated will spend 11 years in prison.

Candice Ooley cried during much of the proceeding Monday morning. The victim's widow said she was living the American dream before the day everything changed forever.

The victim who died was a dairy farmer from Lemoore, and his wife said she would like to return to their home country of Portugal but she just can't bare to leave her husband who is buried here.

Luisa Pamplona, through an interpreter, tried to put into words what she lost the day Ooley wrecked into the Hummer they were riding in and killing her husband.

"I know she has a kid, but I don't have my husband either," she said. "She should have thought twice before she drinks."

Ooley said nothing, she only hung her head down and cried as Pamplona told her that a cemetery is where she has to go to visit her husband.

The 23-year-old was six months pregnant, with a blood alcohol level of 0.32 when investigators say she got into a fight with her boyfriend and started drinking before heading to her mom's in Coarsegold.

She did write a letter to the judge, but her words did not seem very sincere and remorseful to him.

"I believe that remorse is for her situation," judge Ernie LiCalsi said. "While you may read her letter one way, Mr. Martin, I view it as all about her."

Ooley's attorney, Dan Martin, pointed out the hardship for Candice's mother who is now left with caring for a newborn and Candice's disabled sister. But the judge said the baby girl may be better off now than with her mother.

"I question whether or not her daughter might be better off with her mother in prison given the indifference she's shown her while she was still in her womb," she said.

Awesome words from the judge. Rare to see anyone in the legal system speak out so openly about the HUGE taboo regarding parents not being the best thing for their children.

Shocked they gave her even this much time. Trash.

Latest posts

Back