• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Russian hunter was killed and eaten by a brown bear he raised from a cub then kept as a pet in a cage in his garden.

Sergey Grigoriyev was eaten to the bone by the raging bear he found as a cub and raised on his plot of land.

The 41-year-old's 'skeletal remains' were discovered by police who went to his house after his relatives reported him missing and the beast on the loose.

The bear also killed and ate to the bone two of the father-of-one's three dogs.

Police in Ozersk, Chelyabinsk region, shot dead the aggressive bear which had earlier escaped from its cage.

Blood marks were seen on the snow from the fatal attack on the hunter.

Police said in a statement: 'Officers used their service weapons to kill the dangerous animal.

'As a result of the measures taken, the bear does not pose a threat to citizens' lives and health any longer.'

Reports suggest Mr Grigoriyev rescued the bear - named Vorchun or Grumbler - four years ago, along with another cub and raised the wild animal on his suburban plot.

Senior detective Alexey Petrov said: 'The cage was open. The animal was walking around behaving aggressively.

'On the plot we found the skeletal remains of a man.'

Mr Grigoriyev gave away one cub but kept the other after the only offer he had for it was from a 'baiting station' - where hunting dogs are trained with live predators.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rown-bear-raised-cub-kept-garden-escaped.html
1545852320995.png

Grotesque that the only other option in that scumbag country was this training bait station. Horrible. What a disgusting country.

I can't say I'm sorry the bear got loose, but I am sorry he was killed for nothing other than being a bear. At least he's not miserable anymore. He must have been hungry to have eaten a man and 2 dogs.

Apparently he also ignored the common-sense precaution of making sure the bear couldn't get to him.

--Al

The bear also killed and ate to the bone two of the father-of-one's three dogs.]

Somewhere, that last remaining dog is having himself an "evil supervillain" laugh over the success of his master plan.

Grotesque that the only other option in that scumbag country was this training bait station. Horrible. What a disgusting country.

right ... because they would never do that here ???
Post automatically merged:

Apparently he also ignored the common-sense precaution of making sure the bear couldn't get to him.

--Al

I would never have a pet bear ... but if I was going to have a pet bear, he would be a pet, I wouldn't put heavy chains around his neck like that because pet, and i wouldn't want him to hate me.

Last edited:
I wonder if they can be sure the bear killed him? It's possible that he died of natural causes, therefore was unable to feed the bear, and thus the bear became hungry and ate him along with his (probably annoying, let's face it) dogs.

And depending on how much of him was actually consumed, they may have been able to determine that there were fatal attack wounds.

Bears killing from aggression dont eat their prey. That it consumed not only him, but 2 dogs, right down to the skeletons..that bear was hangry. Bears normally bury their kills away from the kill site so that they can take their time eating it. Burying it slows decomp and they will eat from the same carcass for multiple days.

That's what I thought too, he ate so much because he was hungry, if all he wanted was to get away, he wouldn't have hung around long wnough to eat all that much. That russian asshole was starving him on top of holding him captive. It's good he's been taken out of the gene pool, tho it won't help russia much, 100 others tooks his place in the stupid chair before he took his last breath.

Oh, the wolverine thing was a joke, I was trying to think of something less predictable than a wild bear.

I remember someone saying on a board I was on one time that they were considering getting a mongoose because they had a problem with mice. They were not joking.

I remember someone saying on a board I was on one time that they were considering getting a mongoose because they had a problem with mice. They were not joking.

Hell yes! Get a mongoose and name him Rikki-Tikki-Tavi. Have you SEEN how adorable that little bastard is?

:penguin:

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 215
I wonder if they can be sure the bear killed him? It's possible that he died of natural causes, therefore was unable to feed the bear, and thus the bear became hungry and ate him along with his (probably annoying, let's face it) dogs.

They can tell from the wounds and tissue response if he was alive when attacked; a dead person has no inflammation or other tissue responses when cut or torn, but a person who suffered wounds while alive will have obvious tissue reactions that a pathologist or even an MD can easily recognize during autopsy.

IDK how well a mongoose is at rat catching/killing, but I would suspect they might do as well as a ferret (*WEASEL*!!) which make for excellent mice catchers.
One of the reasons the mongoose are popular as "protector pets" (like a guard dog) in places like India is for their snake fighting abilities, particularly the various cobra species, as they can move much faster than the snakes and they actually get the snake to bite itself, causing the snake to die from it's own poisonous venom.
Many times, the mongoose aren't actually "kept" by the families or villages, but they live/play/hang around for the community handouts, which are freely given with gratitude by the locals. It's kind of like a mutual symbiosis for all, as both provide what's necessary for each other to survive.

BTW - There is no variety of poisonous snake that is immune to it's own or other poisonous snake specie's venoms, but there are some species of non-poisonous snakes that are immune to certain poisonous snake species: IE: the black snakes of the Southeastern US are immune to rattlesnake venom, and will kill every type of rattler that they come across in their breeding and feeding areas.
Here in FL, the black snakes are a protected species for this reason [and their rarity], and it is illegal to kill or catch/keep them as pets. I once saw one kill a coral snake in our yard, just a day after our lawn service guy removed a Southern king snake from the same area the coral snake was killed - the Southern king snake looks similar to a coral snake, but is non-poisonous and will kill coral snakes.

They can tell from the wounds and tissue response if he was alive when attacked; a dead person has no inflammation or other tissue responses when cut or torn, but a person who suffered wounds while alive will have obvious tissue reactions that a pathologist or even an MD can easily recognize during autopsy.
Sure, I've watched enough SVU to know that, but if the remains are "skeletal" can you still tell? Gotta catch up on my Bones I guess

Last edited:
@Siobhan well, you taught me something today! I always knew king snakes to be big rattlesnake eaters. Wasn't aware black racers were too. Now that I'm intrigued and looking it up, I see that indigo snakes ALSO eat rattlesnakes.

Tough being a rattler in FL, I guess. :)

We used to have an entire family of king snakes at my old house. We let them do their thing, because better to have them around than venomous snakes. They used to always pop up in interesting places. I'd come home some days and see a little snake peering at me from the plant by our entry way, about eye level. They liked living in the drainage area in our pool deck too. They were fun to have hanging around.

@Siobhan well, you taught me something today! I always knew king snakes to be big rattlesnake eaters. Wasn't aware black racers were too. Now that I'm intrigued and looking it up, I see that indigo snakes ALSO eat rattlesnakes.

Tough being a rattler in FL, I guess. :)

We used to have an entire family of king snakes at my old house. We let them do their thing, because better to have them around than venomous snakes. They used to always pop up in interesting places. I'd come home some days and see a little snake peering at me from the plant by our entry way, about eye level. They liked living in the drainage area in our pool deck too. They were fun to have hanging around.

It's the indigo's that are protected here, and I've got one who likes a giant "teapot" my grandma used as a cookie jar.
We watch him/her go in and out of the spout to get out of the sun and absorb some of the water in the bottom of the teapot.
The first time we saw it coming out, we were like "WTF?" then realized it was just a small indigo, and probably the offspring of a very large one that lives under the house.:cool:
Post automatically merged:

Sure, I've watched enough SVU to know that, but if the remains are "skeletal" can you still tell? Gotta catch up on my Bones I guess

Unless it was a long period before he was found (meaning little insect activity other than blowfly maggots), there would probably still be some flesh on the remains, and possibly a few places where they could see if there was an tissue response. However, if a large amount of ants and/or beetles had gotten to the remains for 3+ days, they would have cleaned the remains completely to the bones.

Last edited:
Back