• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1565712917045.png

BUTLER, Pa. (KDKA) — A man implicated himself in a crime when he signed “thief” on a receipt after using a stolen credit card.

Marc Latimore, 28, inked a receipt after purchasing several items with a stolen credit card.

Latimore stole the card from a woman who told police she gave him a ride.

He allegedly used the card to purchase a cell phone for $200 at the Metro PCs store in Butler.

When he signed the receipt, he wrote “thief” where he should have put his name.

He also signed as “thief” at the Butler Beer & Tobacco Store after spending $42 on beer and cigarettes.

Once the card was reported stolen, Butler Police found Latimore on their database after he matched the description from the victim.

They identified him on video surveillance tapes from both stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one gave me a laugh. Least he was honest!

Also...you bold members miss out on some of the funniest shit because you cant see the amazon ads after articles. I cant count the amount of times Ive read an article and amazon tries to sell me the murder weapon used in the article. One of the ads for this article is for "The Thief"...to which amazon has the most fitting description ever.. "A woman meets a man who isn't the right man for her - but she hasn't realised it yet... "

Technically they are supposed to ask for picture ID and compare signatures when someone pays with a credit card. Ive personally never seen it happen..but its suppose to lol
I only did when the back of the card was blank or they actively wrote "CHECK ID". But 98% of the time, if the customer wasn't acting like an idiot I would just let it go. They didn't pay me enough to protect the company interest

We're not a storefront operation, but walk-ins happen, I only ask for ID when they've been especially douchy. I did it to one of our local news anchors. He was FLOORED that I acted like he was an unknown entity. That was fun. :angelic:

My name's too long, so now I just scrawl some shit and call it a day. No one seems to worry about it. I've even been told (by fast food delivery person) that it's okay; that's what most people do. o_O
I pay one of my therapists (for PTSD) with credit card and one time when she gave me her phone to sign (she uses Square), I said "Oh, yeah, you want the signature of a schizophrenic cuz that's what it will look like." as I scrawled a doodle. She almost fell out of her chair.

Back