• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The scales of justice may have been tipped — in favor of a fish.

Charges were filed against a North Carolina man who allegedly abandoned his pet fish after he was evicted from his home last month, officials said.

Michael Ray Hinson, 53, was arrested Wednesday in New Hanover County on charges for cruelty to animals and abandonment of an animal, news station WECT reported.

Police said Hinson was evicted from his home March 22, and when officials went to the residence Wednesday, they discovered Oscar the fish had been abandoned.

Deputies who seized the fish said it was malnourished and swimming in a filthy tank.

Full Story:

I was so fascinated by reading this story that I am PERCHed on the edge of my chair trying to scan the net for more info about this. I'd like to see this guy's head on a PIKE for this crime. But I won't cry about this like some CARPing little liberal. I'll just CLAM up and wait for more news......

The fish's name is Scar. He is an Oscar fish. I once had one. The article didn't say how big it was but they get really big! They are also fugly. The one I had, the light fixture over the tank accidentally fell in and hit the Oscar on top of his head. He went blind in one eye - it was white. Gross. Didn't seem to faze him at all. Rotten bastard kept eating all the goldfish!
Post automatically merged:

The fish's name is Scar. He is an Oscar fish. I once had one. The article didn't say how big it was but they get really big! They are also fugly. The one I had, the light fixture over the tank accidentally fell in and hit the Oscar on top of his head. He went blind in one eye - it was white. Gross. Didn't seem to faze him at all. Rotten bastard kept eating all the goldfish!
I forgot to mention that he had a permanent dent on the top of his head. Yep, dented head and white eye. Like I said, gross.

A pet is a pet. People would be going apeshit if the story was about a dog or cat.
You couldn't be more right.

My cousin had an Oscar fish named Satan. He would spend all day long moving the rocks from one end of the tank to the other. When you came in the front door he would get all excited and wagged like a dog at you. He would follow you around and bite at the glass. If I was drunk enough I'd stick my hand in the tank and mess up his rocks... he would bite so hard he would make ya bleed. I totally get why they charged this guy. I miss Satan.... he was defi6more entertaining than half the people I know.

You couldn't be more right.

My cousin had an Oscar fish named Satan. He would spend all day long moving the rocks from one end of the tank to the other. When you came in the front door he would get all excited and wagged like a dog at you. He would follow you around and bite at the glass. If I was drunk enough I'd stick my hand in the tank and mess up his rocks... he would bite so hard he would make ya bleed. I totally get why they charged this guy. I miss Satan.... he was defi6more entertaining than half the people I know.
They are cool critters. It's interesting how they interact with their human. I had a friend who would leave the TV on for his while he was at work. Damn thing would dance when he came home and he'd pet it like a dog. Kind of an unnatural relationship, but it worked for them. Believe me, Sarge was the only fish in that tank.

Post automatically merged:

I forgot to mention that he had a permanent dent on the top of his head. Yep, dented head and white eye. Like I said, gross.
I had a pet fish. It was a convict. He was so sweet and friendly, I would cup my hand in the water and he would swim over and snuggle in my hand.
I tried to get him a like size (cellmate) tank mate an Oscar. It bit off his fins and he finally died. It was so fucking sad to watch him struggle.
I got the Oscar and flushed him in the toilet. 2 hours later I went into the bathroom to pee and there that bastard was swimming around in the toilet. I wrapped it up in toilet paper and flushed it.
In retrospect, I guess that was a bit cruel. Meh... He deserved it.

Back