• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Fort Collins police arrested a man on suspicion of attempted murder after an infant child was hospitalized for serious injuries they said happened while in his care.

On March 5, police were notified by staff at an area hospital of a 6-week-old child who had been hospitalized for serious head injuries, according to Fort Collins police.

Through the course of their investigation, investigators concluded 24-year-old Edgar Beckford caused the injuries while caring for the child, police said.

On March 11, Beckford was arrested on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder and child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury.

The status of the infant was not available as of Thursday morning. Beckford's relationship to the infant was not discernible through publicly available information.
1567216115013.png

Beckford has no prior criminal history, according to Colorado court records, and his arrest documents in this case are sealed.
This seems strange. Here's his FB page. I think I'm going to wait a bit, because something doesn't feel right. He seems like a decent young man with no criminal record and is currently in the Air Force, not that really means anything, but still.

Last edited:
A Fort Collins father was sentenced to prison Friday after pleading guilty to seriously injuring his infant child in March.

Edgar Beckford, 24, was sentenced to 20 years in the Department of Corrections after he pleaded guilty to child abuse causing serious bodily injury.

Beckford "squandered a bright future" when he seriously injured his 6-week-old child, Deputy District Attorney Daniel McDonald said to the judge Friday. Beckford's child was hospitalized with serious head injuries March 5, and Beckford was arrested March 11.

The child is doing "really, really well," McDonald said, which is, "frankly, a miracle." The extent of injuries has not been made publicly available, but McDonald said the child will likely not have lifelong health issues stemming from the incident.

"Edgar is not a monster," defense attorney Kent Leier said to the judge Friday, adding that this behavior was "very out of character" for the defendant.

This was a "terrible, terrible lapse in judgement," Leier said.

In a statement to the judge, Beckford said he wanted to apologize to the families and friends affected by his actions, and especially to his child.

"I know I disappointed everyone, including myself," Beckford told the judge. "... That Edgar is not who I am."

Judge Stephen Jouard said this was a "heartbreaking" case, but he is thankful the child is doing well despite Beckford's act in "apparent rage."

As part of Beckford's sentence, he is not allowed to have any contact with his child. On Friday, Jouard modified another order to allow Beckford to have written, phone and electronic communication with the mother of the child.

Last edited:
i wish there was an icon to thank someone that went through all the trouble of providing updates on here but there is not :(.. So a big thank you to all that provides updates.
I agree, but I noticed a bit back many just put a cookie so I decided that means thanks. Since a majority go to Sugar Cookie seems appropriate. I use it to thank a thread posting also because it seems off to put a thumbs up for a horrible story.

Didn’t even realize it was etiquette to do for first 6-12 months.

Also wish we had a love emoji that was more like “my heart...” than “ha ha LOVE IT!” But too many choices would get crazy and I’m not the emoji fairy.

Last edited:
yea i found out about the cookie icon but sure doesn't seem enough of a big ty for all the hard work.. i followed on here for years without posting so didn't know what the icons were for except of course the thumbs up ones lol.

Welp, it looks like I needlessly gave this asshole the benefit of the doubt.
Sadly, that seems to be the way it usually goes. I only give them the benefit of the doubt in my head. Not as much effort, plus only me to say ha, told ya so!
Post automatically merged:

yea i found out about the cookie icon but sure doesn't seem enough of a big ty for all the hard work.. i followed on here for years without posting so didn't know what the icons were for except of course the thumbs up ones lol.
You could always throw in a glass of milk:)

Last edited:
Back