• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Indiana State Police have arrested a man after injuries to a one month old boy resulted in his death.

Authorities say Bobby Leighty, 26, was the caretaker of one month old Kyson Jones who became unresponsive sometime after noon on July 23.

Leighty reportedly contacted family members who arrived at the home a short time later. The family would later call 911.

Jones was transported to the Daviess County Hospital, before being flown via helicopter to Riley Children’s Hospital in Indianapolis. Jones was removed from life support and pronounced dead on July 26 according to Indiana State Police investigators.

Leighty was arrested on felony charges including neglect causing serious bodily injury and resulting in death.

He doesn't look like someone to whom I would entrust my one month old infant.
Child care is insanely expensive, and moreover, it's often hard to find. So many of these cases happen when the mother has to go to work. I'm sure they feel they don't have any other options but to leave their child with anyone who will take them. The other option is not having a job and not being able to survive.

Child care is insanely expensive, and moreover, it's often hard to find. So many of these cases happen when the mother has to go to work. I'm sure they feel they don't have any other options but to leave their child with anyone who will take them. The other option is not having a job and not being able to survive.

Good point. However, it still seems like a better solution could be found. Find a trustworthy female friend who also has small kids. Get jobs with different hours, and you could watch each others kids.

Back