• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1566399899281.png

An Ohio woman is recovering from severe frostbite after telling police say she went to a party and then woke up inside a freezer with severe frostbite.

She managed to escape and crashed a car, which led police to arrest a suspect in East Cleveland, according to WJW.

The woman was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center for treatment. She told police the last thing she remembers is attending a party at a group home on Sunday, and believes she may have been in the freezer for more than one day.

On Tuesday afternoon, East Cleveland police arrested 41-year-old Eric Glaze on charges of kidnapping and attempted murder.

East Cleveland police said they were first alerted to a problem around 10 a.m. when a Garfield Heights woman crashed her car in Cleveland. She told police she was escaping from a man who had put her in a freezer inside a group home on Glenmont Road.

"We were able to ascertain that the suspect was not actually inside the vehicle, but we're still unclear if the suspect was chasing her in another vehicle," said East Cleveland Police Cpt. Scott Gardner.

Police said the woman identified Glaze as an acquaintance and directed them to the home where he lived, the same place she says she attended a party on Sunday.

"She came over here on her own volition and essentially, she was administered some sort of narcotic, according to her. She's not exactly certain of the events, that happened in between, but she woke up and she was in a freezer that was running," Gardner said.

Police said the woman was not restrained, and was able to push open the lid and escape Tuesday morning.

"She seems to think that they were, that they had drugged her to the capacity that she was dead, is what she was indicating to us, and that they were essentially trying to get rid of her," Capt. Gardner said.

East Cleveland police said the group home houses people with mental challenges, although it is not registered with the city.

East Cleveland police said the woman told them that, to her knowledge, she was not sexually assaulted. But detectives said they were having a rape kit done, in case she was assaulted and does not remember it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really buying the 'Someone slipped me a mickey' bit. I'm thinking more like she passed out and her 'friends' decided to take the traditional 'fucking with the first one that nods out' a little too far.

Granted - Group home for not well people... sure. But what was this guys motivation? Necrophilia that liked really, really cold puss?

Too many questions.

Would a group home even be allowed to throw a party? And why on earth would you want to go to one?

If they did it would be very closely monitored and unlikely alcohol would be available. I think the key there is that it wasn't a registered group home, therefore wouldn't have been inspected or have required supervision etc. We have a big network of group homes here, with some of the residents being regular patrons of ours, and they are very closely monitored with staff on hand 24/7.

This is a crazy fucking story but I am most alarmed by "party" and "group home" being in the same sentence. Seems like a really bad idea. Like, if you go to one, you'll end up drugged and wake up in a freezer only to crash your car like some sort of creepy horror movie.

The "slipped a mickey" stories always make me suspicious. I'm always surprised by the number of people apparently willing to use some of their stash on someone else. :penguin:
However, in a group home for mental cases, where they are also partying, anything could happen because normal logic doesn't apply.
I can see people panicking about a perceived OD and stashing the body to dispose of later. Then never doing anything and someone finds the corpsicle much later.

Someone needs to check the seal on that freezer.
I bet it's a horrible energy hog.
Nah, the freezer seal is OK. The problem is she didn't quite fit inside so they couldnt get the lid properly seated.

Maybe she lived in another group home and was anxious to party herself. Which might explain her lack of normal self preservation. Because... dayum!

Last edited:
I think the key there is that it wasn't a registered group home,
I tried to get a schizo lady into a group home through a county agency. It was a very nice place, safe neighborhood, bus stop close by. The residents were able to fend for themselves in most ways, so not monitored 24/7. A social worker visited a few days a week. One woman was deaf and somehow mental, another was retarded, another was schizo on meds. In a situation like that, determined people could throw a party, especially on a Sunday.
(The schizo lady refused to live there. She said she wasn't "crazy like them and only losers take buses". She ended up living in a damp old utility room on a run down farm begging for rides to town. She was pleased with herself. )

Last edited:
Im just going to guess she wasnt actually in that freezer for more than a day. Maybe a few hours at most. Even if the lid was cracked open it would have been cold enough to kill her if she'd been in there any longer than a few hours.

It was cold enough to giver her frostbite. If she had been in there any substantial time she would also have had hypothermia, especially with her supposedly being unconscious. Unless you are warmed within a few hours your body stops pumping blood to your extremities..then you start to feel hot and sleepy..and then your body shuts your organs down in order to try and prevent brain death. Even people who are conscious while having hypothermia often have to be assisted by others because they arent clear headed enough to save themselves. Her being unconscious.. she'd have died.

Ummm ok.
In freezer for a day and lives?
Able to open said freezer AFTER being in it for a day? (Take note of who makes freezer, do not buy).
Party at group home? (Should have said that out loud, maybe not go)
After being in freezer for a day and escaping...able to drive car? (but crash).

I need answers...

Charges have been dropped against a man accused of keeping a woman in a freezer at an East Cleveland group home.

Eric Glaze, 41, was charged with attempted murder and kidnapping for the incident that occurred last month.

East Cleveland police said the victim went to a party at the group home, located on Glemont Road, on Aug. 18. She told investigators she was given a narcotic and put in the freezer because party-goers thought she was dead

At least empty her pockets, take her to the hospital, tell'em "I broke this, can you bring it back to life?" Then get the fuck gone and don't look back. Of course this only applies to dope whores...Good dope whores. The shitty ones ya freeze and dump in the trash later.

At least empty her pockets, take her to the hospital, tell'em "I broke this, can you bring it back to life?" Then get the fuck gone and don't look back. Of course this only applies to dope whores...Good dope whores. The shitty ones ya freeze and dump in the trash later.
Yeah so basically he ripped her off and I don’t even know honestly if she ever OD’d with him - the party must go on

Back