• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Hat tip to BuffettGirl.

[....]
The man -- who Niagara Parks Police say appeared to be "in crisis" before jumping into the river on the Canadian side -- was observed going over the Horseshoe Falls around 4 a.m. Tuesday morning. He then fell around 167 feet before hitting the water below.

It was not immediately clear why the man jumped.

The man later was spotted sitting next to an observation platform near the base of the falls and was taken to a hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries, police said in a statement provided to Fox News.

His plunge Tuesday comes 59 years to the day that 7-year-old Roger Woodward went over the falls with a life jacket, and also survived.

I’m impressed: the Niagara Falls Survivors Club is small and very discriminating.

When I was a kid we used to go to the Falls a lot (I'm originally from that area) and my cousin used to play on the railings and hang off of them like an idiot. I was always afraid he was going to go over.

Superman isn't always around to save a kid from going over. That was a one-time deal. (Did I just show my age from referencing a movie from 1980?)

On average there are a couple of suicide attempts a week at the Falls when you combine the US and the Canadian statistics. Obviously what makes this one unusual is that it involves a survivor.

I will point out that's the luckiest aspect of this is that he remained in the area at the base of the falls at the viewing platforms. If he had drifted down even the half mile to the boat docks on the Canadian side, the pollution foam likely would have killed him by poisoning.

Latest posts

Back