• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
Christian Hargrave-McKey, 30, had just left the Nelson Hotel in Bondi Junction with a friend on the evening of December 22, 2018 and bought some food from KFC when he saw Mark Thomas, 60, who had coincidentally left the same pub.

The pair spoke briefly on the footpath on Oxford Street before Mr Thomas put his bag on the ground and the men began pushing and shoving each other. Hargrave-McKey's friend also joined the shoving, and the men began shouting at each other.
[....]
Mr Thomas pulled open his backpack and grabbed a knife. He removed the 20-centimetre blade from its packaging and made a stabbing motion towards the younger man from about a metre away.

He then stepped closer and stabbed the blade into Hargrave-McKey's abdomen, leaving it in his body.

Hargrave-McKey pulled the knife out and stabbed Mr Thomas 11 times in his back and chest at about 8.15pm. The most serious wound was 17 centimetres deep and went through Mr Thomas' rib cage, aorta, pulmonary artery and heart.

Mr Thomas died at 8.29pm despite efforts by emergency services. Two of the wounds, including one where the blade went through Mr Thomas' arm, were consistent with an attempt to shield himself.

Hargrave-McKey appeared in Central Local Court on Tuesday where he pleaded guilty to manslaughter on the basis of extreme provocation. A charge of murder was withdrawn.

According to agreed facts, Hargrave-McKey was found by police and paramedics in a garden bed on the side of Oxford Street with a serious stab wound to his chest below the sternum. He was taken to hospital, where he had surgery and his gall bladder was removed.

His wound was so serious that social workers were engaged to discuss end of life.

Five days after the stabbing, Hargrave-McKey spoke to a detective in hospital and said, "I'm so disappointed in myself. I just found out what I did. I'm so sorry. That poor bloke."

A day later, while Hargrave-McKey was in recovery, two constables spoke to him and asked if he remembered anything.

"Not really, hey," he responded. "I can't believe this happened. I remember him with the knife and I said 'go on, f---ing stab me then'."

Hargrave-McKey has remained behind bars since he was discharged from hospital on January 3. He appeared in court by audio-visual link on Tuesday for his guilty plea to be entered.

He will appear in the District Court on November 8 to organise a sentencing date.

full

A man pulled a blade out of his stomach after being stabbed — then fatally knifed the man who attacked him in a fight outside of an Australian bar, a report said Tuesday.
The man, 30-year-old Christian Hargrave-McKey, had left the pub to buy food with his friends when he was confronted by 60-year-old Mark Thomas, the Sydney Morning Herald reported, citing court documents made public recently.
As the group began to brawl, Thomas pulled a knife and Hargrave-McKey dared him to use it, saying, “go on, f—king stab me,” according to the report.
Hargrave-McKey then pulled the knife out of his stomach and used it on Thomas — stabbing him 11 times in the back and chest, the report said.
Thomas died at the scene a short time later.

Back