• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Prairie Grove man is accused of killing his 2-week-old son after he punched the boy in the head and left him behind in his apartment.

Mark Lewis, 40, was arrested in connection with first-degree murder.

Lewis said he was home with his son Tuesday (March 26) since his mother was still in the hospital recovering from childbirth complications, according to an arrest report.

Lewis, who told Prairie Grove police he had no cell phone and no one to assist him, punched the boy after he got frustrated. He said his son died after being struck, so he packed some clothing, locked their apartment and threw away the key.

The boy’s mother called police after she found her son dead inside their apartment two days later, according to the report.

Lewis, who was picked up by Farmington police on Wednesday (March 27) for a separate warrant, told investigators about the incident during an interivew at the county jail.

@Prettypink513

Why would they let the baby leave with him?

Even if she was not breast feeding I could not see why she would let him take the baby.

I am not blaming her I just am at a loss to understand how this tragedy happened.

I do not even want to imagine the mother's horror when she found her baby.
Good question. I would have insisted my baby stayed in the hospital with me

My ex was a total dumbass, I may have thought i loved him but I would have not let him be alone for more than it took to run a simple errand bc he was a moron. Hitting the baby wasn't my concern but his stupid ass would have been playing Madden while the baby was in a soiled diaper for the afternoon or been at a total loss as to why the baby was fussy when it hadn't been fed on time. He was just stupid as fuck.

If the baby is sick or if you are sick you get put into the appropriate ward. You can't usually stay together. But baby was two weeks old, so it sounds like she went back in. Infected wound maybe. Prolapsed uterus? Maybe she went in for a check and was admitted.
If she was in from the time of birth she must have been quite badly off.
I feel horrified for this mother. If she was in a bad way she may have not been involved in the decision at all. Dad might have just taken the baby. Then she can't get hold of him and is stuck in hospital? Gets home and the baby is dead? Did she get to spend any time with him at all?

Good question. I would have insisted my baby stayed in the hospital with me
Or the fact he didn’t come to visit and she couldn’t get a hold of him. You’d at least think mom would have ask for a welfare check at least-I’m also not blaming the mom, just a strange situation. She was in the hospital from the 21st-28th. Those must have been some serious complications.

My ex was a total dumbass, I may have thought i loved him but I would have not let him be alone for more than it took to run a simple errand bc he was a moron. Hitting the baby wasn't my concern but his stupid ass would have been playing Madden while the baby was in a soiled diaper for the afternoon or been at a total loss as to why the baby was fussy when it hadn't been fed on time. He was just stupid as fuck.
And yet you chose him.

@notchback I also chose not to leave my child with him, bc even though i was across the country from my family I wasn't stupid enough to let love blind me, nor was I in denial about the fact that he had changed in a way I didn't like. 5 months after my daughter was born (and after several beatings) I left and moved home to CA from GA with the money I had to hide from his increasingly controlling ass. I didn't choose that, that didn't start until after he thought having a child with me meant he 'owned me'. Many men like to be one way then another once they 'lock you in' and he was no exception. His mommy issues came out in full along with some 'truths' he never told me before marriage despite knowing him for several years. I truly hope you never have to experience a relationship from a woman's perspective. I had to learn for the next time, come into a relationship with your own money, your own shit and your own plan B in case shit changed.
Post automatically merged:

@Greedy Gretchen yea, my mom is spiritual so there was a lot of 'pray for god to change his heart' diatribes. I did and got beat. So clearly God was off that year. I was fortunate enough to have a skill set that allowed me to work online while he was at work and squirrel away money to leave him.
Many women (IMO) are completely in denial and refuse to be suspicious of their man. To me, that's the biggest problem. Trust no one. Love them but you don't owe them trust, trust is earned and we give it away too freely bc we think we love someone.

Last edited:
@AngryLittleMexican Kudos for getting away from that. It was meant more as a joke than anything else. I've chosen poorly before too. Luckily, I never got married until I found the right one. I hope that my wife's perspective on our relationship is nothing like yours was. I'm actually positive it isn't. I've never thought I owned her, even when I was working my ass off putting her through grad school. For the past 20 years, she's worked her ass off while I was the stay at home parent. It's a choice we made and we're happy for it. Now, I'm leaving the home and headed back to the job force. I'll be starting my first full time job since March 4, 1999. I'm excited to be providing more for my family now that the kids don't need one of us at home all day.

That right there is a monster.

He could have dropped the baby off at the hospital or even left the baby and then called and reported where

the infant is.

Wherever the mom is I hope that she has someone there to support her through this difficult time.

A Prairie Grove man pleaded guilty Thursday to murdering a two-week-old baby in 2019 and was sentenced to life in prison.

Mark Weldon Lewis, 43, pleaded guilty to first degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison.
Prosecutors said Lewis punched a two-week-old boy on the head, causing multiple skull fractures, then left him alone in an apartment to die.

Matt Durrett, prosecuting attorney, said Lewis will not be eligible for parole.
"It was a fitting end to a terrible case. The actions of one man have affected the lives of numerous people," Durrett said. "There's a mother out there who will never be the same and a baby who was only able to breathe the air of life for two weeks. I hope this will let her start the process of healing."

The body of Jessie Kenneth Lewis was found in the apartment by his mother, Angela Lewis, and his grandmother, Wanda McCain, on March 28, 2019. Police said Angela Lewis, 36, had been in a local hospital for the previous seven days being treated for complications from childbirth.

The infant was on a living room couch, according to a police report. The Washington County coroner noted possible injury to the baby's skull and a body temperature of 72.5 degrees, the same as the room temperature.

Mark Lewis was arrested in Farmington on a warrant for failure to appear. Angela Lewis checked herself out of the hospital when she learned Lewis had been arrested.

Lewis was interviewed in the jail and told police he had been caring for the baby alone.

Lewis told police the baby was lying on the couch when he became frustrated and punched the baby on the head. The infant hadn't been sick nor was he crying, according to the report.

Lewis said he then packed some clothes, locked the apartment, threw away the key and left, according to the report.
Lewis was initially charged with capital murder and took a plea bargain to avoid a possible death sentence.

Back