• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A man accused of raping and killing a 10-year-old girl in Florida in the 1980s has protested his innocence in court despite having a back tattoo referring to the crime.

James Jackson, 66, spoke as he took to the stand in the second day of his trial in Jacksonville. 'It was a little girl. I wouldn't kill no little girl,' Jackson said.

Prosecutors say Jackson raped and killed Tammy Welch at her apartment complex and then put her body outside his window.

Jackson claimed he never knew the girl or her family who lived next door and said that he was asleep during the time that the girl was murdered.

Some years later, in 2002 Jackson voluntarily submitted his DNA to law enforcement.

Ten after that, the DNA was finally sent to a lab for a testing. Then in 2013, a partial DNA profile had been identified and matched Jackson.

Jackson claims he gave his DNA because 'didn't kill anybody,' but prosecutors insist that Jackson admitted to the crime to fellow inmates who have testified in court.

He allegedly confessed to multiple inmates that he was drunk and killed the young girl.

The inmates said Jackson asked about the death penalty and said he could've gotten away with the murder if the girl didn't break the screen door.

But Jackson now denies ever having those conversations.

At one stage during Thursday's interrogation, Jackson was questioned about the 'Tammy Welch 1984' tattoo that he had on his back.

Jackson is a five-time convicted felon. He said another cellmate was touching up a tattoo and put that there without his knowledge and says he covered it up as soon as he found out.

When asked if he raped and killed Tammy Welch in 1984 Jackson said 'No, I didn't.'

Jackson's lawyers had filed several motions to spare him from the death penalty if convicted, including an argument that his health is deteriorating.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-old-girl-claims-innocent-despite-tattoo.html

A man accused of raping and killing a 10-year-old girl in Florida in the 1980s has protested his innocence in court despite having a back tattoo referring to the crime.
A guy named Anthony Garcia got a tattoo of a murder he'd committed outside a pharmacy liquor store, and a cop spotted it. It just so happens the officer had worked that homicide and recognized the scene. It wouldn't be the first time a criminal immortalized a murder on his back if he is the one that killed Miss Tammy.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/californi...garcias-tattoo-murder-scene/story?id=13437545
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/22/local/la-me-tattoo-20110422

--Al
Correcting what memory told me

Last edited:
Jackson's lawyers had filed several motions to spare him from the death penalty if convicted, including an argument that his health is deteriorating.

How does that make any sense? "His health is failing, so you can't execute him"?!?

Why was the DNA not tested for over a decade? THe authorities on the case need to answer for that

December 20, 2018
A man was sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison Thursday after he was found guilty of raping and killing a 10-year-old girl in Jacksonville.

James Leon Jackson will serve two consecutive life sentences, one for sexual assault and another for murder, after Jackson was found guilty of raping and killing Tammy Welch back in 1984.

The decision was made after a jury recommended Jackson serve life in prison rather than the death penalty.

The judge decided on two life-sentences, telling Jackson, "The jury showed you mercy this evening ..."

Jennifer Roache, the victim's sister First Coast News, "I got justice. She got her verdict. It’s a form of closure now. It’s just a healing process because it will never fully heal, a scar will always be there."

Jackson has the right to appeal and he may be eligible for parole because the murder happened in 1984 -- when parole was still an option.

1586551374967.png

Last edited:
Back