• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SoUncool

With my all by myself...
http://www.wxii12.com/news/16771262/detail.html

9rk87p.jpg

Obvious stock campfire photo. :D

SURRY COUNTY, N.C. -- A Fort Meyers, Fla., man who was camping with several friends at a location in Surry County was found dead Wednesday morning after apparently falling into a fire pit, Surry County sheriff Graham Atkinson said.

Atkinson said 61-year-old Phillip D. Mineer was having a cookout with some friends was found around 6 a.m off Casstevens Road in the Beulah Community.

Mineer's friends had gone to bed and woke to find that he had died in the fire.

It wasn't immediately clear how he fell into the pit, but Atkinson did say the death appears to be accidental.

His body has been sent to the medical examiner's office in Chapel Hill for an autopsy.

Wow, two fire pit deaths in one week. And it seems to strike infants and the elderly. I wonder if they make a flue shot for that.

Sorry couldn't help myself.

Drunk possibly...maybe he had a heart attack..who knows???

But damn, two in one week!!!

Hey ya all..if you are gonna be hanging out around the fire...be careful!!

Back