• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I don't need to believe Steven Avery is innocent in order to believe there was some seriously shady shit going on by the county and the po po.

Avery probably killed TH, and police probably planted shit tons of evidence in order to make sure they got him for it.

One thing that really gives me pause, tho, is that Avery was about to come into a nice chunk of change. Why would he risk that juicy payday? The other thing I wonder about is the lack of ANY DNA evidence in the bedroom where TH was supposedly shackled, repeatedly raped and stabbed.

The other thing I wonder about is the lack of ANY DNA evidence in the bedroom where TH was supposedly shackled, repeatedly raped and stabbed.

Because that never happened. He killed her, but the story told by the Avery's nephew was total bullshit. The only innocent people in this case are Teresa Halbach and Brendan Dassey.

Because that never happened. He killed her, but the story told by the Avery's nephew was total bullshit. The only innocent people in this case are Teresa Halbach and Brendan Dassey.

I am not even sure about Brendan. I could not say he was legally responsible due to his IQ and his age at the time. But I do think he could have been involved. Again, minor. Coerced.

And I still have reservations about the evidence matching the supposed crime.

No matter what REALLY happened, I am convinced evidence was planted to insure a strong evidential case against Avery.

images
Steven Avery was never going to win Citizen Of The Year Award or become a member of Mensa high IQ society. Neither does he appear to display many, if any personable traits. Over the years he is certainly guilty of poor judgement and bad behavior but is he guilty of the Teresa Halbach murder?

Lot's of squirrely things went down in LE investigation of this case, starting with this guy.

images

[doublepost=1467383352,1466519666][/doublepost]In the latest Making a Murderer update, newly discovered evidence could help prove Steven Avery’s innocence.

Avery Attorney, Kathleen Zellner to file briefs to present new evidence in hopes of appeal on August 29.

http://www.morningledger.com/making-a-murderer-update-steven-avery-finally-proven-innocent/1381778/

I can't help but follow this tangled ball of yarn until the end appears. If LE "helped" the murder investigation along and attempted to make the case stronger by manipulating the scene and evidence, they did a disservice to the victim, Teresa Halbach.

[doublepost=1469057144][/doublepost]http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ent-and-was-framed/ar-BBuySjW?ocid=spartandhp

Brendan Dassey conviction overturned!!!!! HOLY SHIT!

http://www.wisn.com/news/brendan-dasseys-conviction-overturned/41178138

Dassey was sentenced to life with no parole for 41 years after being convicted in 2007 of first-degree intentional homicide, second-degree sexual assault, and mutilation of a corpse in the killing of Halbach in Manitowoc County.

The ruling says Dassey, who is Steven Avery's newphew, is to be released from custody within 90 days.

He is being held at Columbia Correctional Institution.

I am happy for him, but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic here. He's not out of the woods just yet. He's set to be released in 90 days and I'm willing to bet some jerk wad lawyer is going to be filing an appeal. In the end, all I really hope for is that everyone receives justice.
This is very reminiscent of the West Memphis Three.

Also, here's a little gem for all of you that binged watched the series like I did to enjoy...

I am thrilled that Brendan, a very trusting and malleable young man will be released. Poor Kid actually thought he would be going back to school the same afternoon after LE twisted him into the knot that would slam a prison door on him instead.
Me too..
That poor kid was so badly, coerced during his interrogation, it was disgusting ..
The interrogation absolutely left you disgusted and feeling like you had a film of scum coating you just from watching it and in urgent need of a shower.

Last edited:
His conviction was over turned in regular court. DA can appeal in the court of appeals, which according to your link they did. The don't have to free him while appeals are ongoing.

Appeals panel agreed with the first court. DA now has 90 days to free him or announce they are retrying him. DA decided to appeal to the entire court of appeals instead of just a 3 judge panel, and they still can appeal to the supreme court.

I'm guessing they will drag out all appeals available before hes ever released. He might very well be retried. They don't seem to want to drop this.

A Wisconsin man convicted in the killing of a woman that was the focus of the hit Netflix series "Making a Murderer" has been denied a request for a new trial.

Steven Avery's request was rejected Tuesday by a Wisconsin circuit judge. Avery had argued that his conviction in the 2005 death of photographer Teresa Halbach was based on planted evidence and false testimony.

But Sheboygan County Circuit Judge Angela Sutkiewicz said in a ruling Tuesday that Avery failed to establish grounds to warrant a new trial.

Avery was sentenced to life in prison after being convicted of first-degree intentional homicide in Halbach's death.

The conviction of Avery's nephew, Brendan Dassey, was overturned last year. A federal appeals court heard arguments in that case last week. He remains in custody.

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Making-a-Murderer-defendant-Avery-denied-new-trial-449307903.html

Brendan Dassey was also a victim in this case and how he was treated and coerced into giving a confession has always bothered me.

6/25/2018

Supreme Court Declines To Hear 'Making a Murderer' Case

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court said Monday it won't weigh in on the case of a teenager convicted of rape and murder whose story was documented in the Netflix series "Making a Murderer."

As is typical, the justices did not explain their decision declining to take the case. The justices' decision leaves in place a lower court ruling against Brendan Dassey.

Dassey was 16 years old when he confessed to Wisconsin authorities that he had joined his uncle in raping and murdering photographer Teresa Halbach before burning her body in a bonfire. Dassey's attorneys, however, say he's borderline intellectually disabled and was pressured into a false confession. They wanted his confession thrown out and a new trial.

Wisconsin officials had urged the Supreme Court not to take the case, telling the court it shouldn't second-guess Wisconsin courts' determination that Dassey's confession was voluntary. Prosecutors noted that Dassey's mother gave investigators permission to speak with him, that Dassey agreed as well and that during the interview investigators used only standard techniques such as adopting a sympathetic tone and encouraging honesty.

Dassey's attorneys can still try to get him a new trial but they'd have to convince a judge that newly discovered evidence warrants one.

The Supreme Court's decision comes as there are plans for a second season of "Making a Murderer," which premiered on Netflix in 2015. Viewers of the first season were introduced to Dassey's uncle, Steven Avery, who spent 18 years in prison for a rape before DNA testing exonerated him. After his release, he filed a multi-million dollar civil suit over his conviction, but in 2005 as that lawsuit was pending he was arrested for and later convicted of Halbach's murder. Avery maintains he was framed.

At Dassey's separate trial, video of him speaking with investigators and confessing to participating in Halbach's rape and murder played a central role. Authorities had no physical evidence tying Dassey to the crimes, and he testified that his confession was "made up" but a jury convicted him. He's eligible for parole in 2048.

While Wisconsin courts ruled Dassey's confession was voluntary, a federal magistrate judge and a three-judge appeals court panel disagreed, saying he should be retried or released from prison. Then, in late 2017, the full appeals court ruled 4-3 that the state courts' determination that Dassey's confession was voluntary was reasonable, meaning no release or retrial. The Supreme Court's announcement it wouldn't take the case left that decision in place.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...ng-a-murderer-case/ar-AAz8TEe?ocid=spartanntp

All this time I thought they had released Dassey on appeal.

Last edited:
Well what do you know.

Zellner told Newsweek it's a big win for Avery. "The appellate court granted our motion to supplement the record with the evidence the bones were destroyed," she explained. "The case is being remanded back to the circuit court to conduct proceedings, which can include a hearing. The circuit court can grant a new trial, or if not, back to appellate court who can reverse the conviction and/or grant a new trial. Either way, the State opposed this motion and lost.

This evidence has the potential to undo the whole case, so it is a big win."
Avery, through Zellner, filed a motion to appeal based on a collection of possible human bones, which was said to be in the possession of the Wisconsin Department of Justice. When Zellner filed a motion to have the bones tested for DNA, she found the bones had been returned to Teresa Halbach’s family. According to the state, they had never been tested for DNA.
__

Add that to the other hinky evidence LE screwed with and the shameful tactics they engaged in manipulating Brandon.

Last edited:
1552993416237.pngSooooo ...…..…. making my way through the second series of 'Making a Murderer' and I am even more incredulous at how slippery LE and Prosecutors were in putting together their case.. Anyone else watching?

'Making A Murderer' Update: All of the New Evidence Submitted In Latest Steven Avery Brief

New evidence has been revealed in the case of Steven Avery, subject of Making A Murderer. Avery won his right to present new evidence via appeal in February, and his lawyer, Kathleen Zellner, filed a 42-page brief on Tuesday with all of the arguments as to why Avery should have a new trial. Avery is currently serving life in prison for killing Teresa Halbach, but has always maintained his innocence. Here are all of the key pieces of evidence listed that could help get Avery a new trial.

Bones From The Gravel Pit

Alleged human bones could put a damper in the prosecution’s original testimony. The prosecution said Avery killed and burned Halbach’s on his property, but said human bones were found in burn barrels elsewhere, in a gravel pit. If the bones are Halbach’s, it could negate the state’s truth that Avery killed and disposed of Halbach on his own property.

Ken Kratz Closing Arguments
Zellner’s brief takes direct aim at former Wisconsin prosecutor Ken Kratz and his closing arguments during Avery’s trial. The brief argues Kratz had knowledge of the importance of the gravel pit bones and aimed to mislead the court in stating they were unimportant to Halbach’s story.

The brief claims Kratz knew the bones were human and mislead the jury, and stated Avery’s conviction “must be reversed” because of his in-court behavior.
------------------------------------------------------------

Kratz's behavior was so smarmy I wonder that he walked instead of slithering.

3/12/19 https://www.newsweek.com/making-mur...ence-submitted-new-steven-avery-brief-1359884

Last edited:
Wisconsin inmate reportedly confesses to infamous ‘Making a Murderer’ killing
It could be the ultimate twist ending to “Making a Murderer.”

A Wisconsin man, who is already in prison for a separate slaying, reportedly confessed to the killing of photographer Teresa Halbach in 2005 — the subject of a controversial Netflix documentary, a new report published Monday claims.

The admission could pave the way for convicted killer Steven Avery’s exoneration, the report said.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/wisconsin-inmate-confesses-to-infamous-making-a-murderer-slay-report/

full

A Wisconsin inmate reportedly confessed to documentary crews that he killed Teresa Halbach, the murder victim whose mysterious death is at the forefront of the hit Netflix series "Making a Murderer." The inmate is serving time for a different crime.

Shawn Rech, the director of "Convicting A Murderer," an unaffiliated new documentary about Halbach’s murder, told Newsweek Monday that his production company received a confession from one of the “notable convicted murderers from Wisconsin.” He said the confession is on audio. Rech is not releasing the man’s name and has handed over possible evidence to law enforcement as they continue to determine if the confession is legitimate.

"We haven't confirmed the legitimacy of the confession, but seeing as it was given by a notable convicted murderer from Wisconsin, we feel responsible to deliver any and all possible evidence to law enforcement and legal teams," he told Newsweek. "Having been in production for 20 months, we've uncovered an unfathomable amount of information and evidence that is leading us to the truth. Our investigation does not end here."

Two men -- Steven Avery and his nephew Brendan Dassey—have spent more than a decade behind bars after being convicted for the 2005 murder of photographer Halbach. Rech confirmed that the man who confessed is neither Avery nor Dassey.

Steven Avery was moved late last month from a maximum-security prison in Waupun to a medium-security prison about 10 miles away in Fox Lake.

Avery, 59, has been serving a life sentence since being convicted of killing Teresa Halbach, a 25-year-old photographer who disappeared in 2005. His story was featured in the Netflix docuseries "Making a Murderer," which cast doubt on the motives of police and left many viewers with the impression that Avery and his nephew, Brendan Dassey, were wrongfully convicted.

Avery had been at Waupun Correctional Institution but was moved June 21 to Fox Lake Correctional Institution, according to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections.
[....]
Fox Lake Correctional Institution was the first medium-security prison in the U.S. to open under a "responsible living, no pass system concept," the department says.

The people incarcerated at the facility are permitted "scheduled movement within the institution and rules are intended to help individuals live together in an orderly manner," the department says.

Avery asked to be transferred six weeks ago, Kathleen Zellner, Avery's attorney, said on Twitter.

"The next step is getting him home," she said.

Back