• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
I was hoping someone would have posted about Making a Murderer, but all I can find is mention in another thread. So, let's talk about it people.

The Docu-series makes it look like he was railroaded as well as his nephew. It would leave the viewer believing that the Police planted evidence and Steven is possibly innocent. His nephew is borderline retarded and I had REAL trouble believing he had anything to do with rape or murder.

HOWEVER, doing a little digging there were quite a few things left out of the series, that were in fact presented in trial (or kept out) such as Steven Avery called the victim 3 times the day of her disappearance. The victim told her boss SA creeped her out. Her palm pilot and cell phone were found in a burn barrel on Avery's property, next to where parts of her bones were found. Finally, SA's not blood DNA was found on the hood of her car.

Anyway, read for yourselves, watch the Netflix series it is all very interesting!

Yeah, I'm using Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Avery

Steven Avery called the victim 3 times the day of her disappearance. The victim told her boss SA creeped her out. Her palm pilot and cell phone were found in a burn barrel on Avery's property, next to where parts of her bones were found. Finally, SA's not blood DNA was found on the hood of her car.
I haven't seen this series but reading this, Makes him look guilty.

At age 18, Avery pleaded guilty to burglary of a bar and was sentenced to 10 months inprison. When he was 20, Avery and another man pleaded guilty to animal cruelty after pouring gasoline and oil on Avery's cat and throwing it, alive, into a fire; Avery was sentenced to prison again for that crime. In 1985, Avery was charged with assaulting his cousin, the wife of a part-time Manitowoc County sheriff's deputy, possessing a firearm as a felon, and the rape of a Manitowoc woman, Penny Beernsten, for which he was later exonerated. He served six years for assaulting his cousin and illegally possessing firearms, and 18 years for the assault, sexual assault, and attempted rape he did not commit.[4][5]

The Wisconsin Innocence Project took Avery's case and eventually he was exonerated of the rape charge. After his release from prison, Avery filed a $36 million federal lawsuit against Manitowoc County, its former sheriff, Thomas Kocourek, and its formerdistrict attorney, Denis Vogel. On October 31, 2005, the same day that Teresa Halbach went missing, state legislators passed the Avery Bill to prevent wrongful convictions. The bill has since been renamed the "criminal justice reforms bill".[6]

Arrogant bastard, ain't he?

OH yeah from the original post's link

I haven't seen this series but reading this, Makes him look guilty.

I think a lot of it is not really about is he guilty or not, but more should he have been found guilty off what the DA was able to present? They searched his property 7 fucking times, and it wasn't till the 7th search they found the key to the victim's car just laying there in plain sight.

I think a lot of it is not really about is he guilty or not, but more should he have been found guilty off what the DA was able to present? They searched his property 7 fucking times, and it wasn't till the 7th search they found the key to the victim's car just laying there in plain sight.
I'm going to try to see it. My internet sucks but I'm going to see if I can grab a pizza and go over to my stepmoms and watch it.

http://www.exposingtruth.com/looking-at-the-evidence-in-the-steven-avery-case/

There was a legitimate conflict of interest in the investigation, and existing physical evidence paints an unclear picture. The source of Steven’s blood in the RAV4 is not totally established, due to the fact that the FBI did not publish or give access to the test data they used in developing and executing their analysing of 3 of 6 blood swabs sent to them for EDTA (so, to see if the blood stain had come from stored blood) testing.

The hypothetical scenario presented by the state of Steven murdering Teresa in his garage and then burning her body in his fire pit does not fit with the physical evidence. If he had killed her in the garage and the body was only moved less than 100 yards then there would be no explanation for the bones in the burn barrel, the secondary burning site near the quarry, nor the blood stain from Teresa’s hair in her RAV4. This scenario also presents no explanation for the lack of Teresa’s DNA in the garage.

The guilt of Steven Avery is unclear, and the fact that he apparently pled guilty to setting a cat on fire in 1983 tends to support the idea that he might not be the nice guy the film portrays him as. There existed other viable suspects, although none of them were investigated remotely as in-depth as Steven. Taken together with the existing evidence, it is clear there was plausible potential of tampering in the gathering of evidence, and thus there exist more than enough reasons to continue to look into the case, and indeed all other cases where these types of circumstances arise.

Brendan Dassey might still get his case reviewed again for being illegally arrested and imprisoned for Teresa Halbach’s murder. It is also claimed that the hacking group Anonymous is trying to help Steven Avery, claiming they’ll release critical new documents.

http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=aCOSioaIOr47w9acwqm_6l&u=ExposingTheTruth

Steven Avery is working with a dim bulb that barely allows him to be functional and he will never be known for having a kind and compassionate nature. In examining the investigation and evidence however it tends to raise a lot of questions that have gone without answers from investigators. I don't like working a puzzle and finding out I don't have all the pieces.

the fact that he apparently pled guilty to setting a cat on fire in 1983 tends to support the idea that he might not be the nice guy the film portrays him as

The film talks about that. Even has him admitting it on tape. I don't like how there are all these claims that the film depicts him as some saint. It does not. It simply shows you that a lot of questionable shit went down during the investigation.

I agree, if he did it, then throw the book at him, but a one sided, messed up investigation with at least one cop that he had history with makes it look more like he was railroaded. That one cop (can't remember his name) should have kept himself at the station while this was being investigated, not smack dab in the middle of it, finding questionable evidence.

His nephew got screwed over by the cops, and his first shitbag lawyer! Fucker should be disbarred. Not sure if Avery is innocent or not, but I am damn sure shady shit went down, again. I might not like the guy, but the fact that these cops and prosecutor tried so damn hard to stay involved and pretend they didn't have prior knowledge of Avery is shady as fuck. As to his DNA being on her hood, so? I have a friend that will lightly hit the hood of a car as it's about to leave. I am pretty certain I have his DNA on my car hood, but that doesn't mean if I get murdered, he did it. I finished the docuseries and went searching for articles, documents, and the videos. After all that searching, I became even more convinced those cops are nothing but dirty. I'd move is I was a resident, no telling who the cops frame next. I do feel bad for the Avery family. Hi poor mom, and his sister, and all of them. They don't seem very bright, but they are pretty torn up about it all.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news...-behind-netflixs-hit-true-crime-show-20160106

'Making a Murderer': The Story Behind Netflix's Hit True-Crime Show

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/making-a-murderer-the-story-behind-netflixs-hit-true-crime-show-20160106#ixzz3wZTDkBFk
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

720x405-AP_070601026456.jpg

[doublepost=1452180134,1452179301][/doublepost]From the article....

As viewers, we have plenty of "whoa!" moments here, as when the defense team finds a clearly tampered-with vial of blood. What were those moments for you as filmmakers?
Demos:
Certainly the Brendan revelation. I don't think we saw that coming at all. That was the first press conference we attended, and that clearly changed things. When we first saw the video with Brendan — his defense investigator virtually interrogating his own client to get a statement out of him — we said, "Wait ... who's this? What cop is this?" It took a long time for us to realize this was his own defense investigator. There were definitely revelation moments and seeing things connect.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/making-a-murderer-the-story-behind-netflixs-hit-true-crime-show-20160106#ixzz3wZY5ZfTh
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

His nephew got screwed over by the cops, and his first shitbag lawyer! Fucker should be disbarred. Not sure if Avery is innocent or not, but I am damn sure shady shit went down, again. I might not like the guy, but the fact that these cops and prosecutor tried so damn hard to stay involved and pretend they didn't have prior knowledge of Avery is shady as fuck. As to his DNA being on her hood, so? I have a friend that will lightly hit the hood of a car as it's about to leave. I am pretty certain I have his DNA on my car hood, but that doesn't mean if I get murdered, he did it. I finished the docuseries and went searching for articles, documents, and the videos. After all that searching, I became even more convinced those cops are nothing but dirty. I'd move is I was a resident, no telling who the cops frame next. I do feel bad for the Avery family. Hi poor mom, and his sister, and all of them. They don't seem very bright, but they are pretty torn up about it all.
Dna was inside the engine compartment, not outside only. The battery cable was removed (which Dassey confessed Avery did before it was searched) and that's where they found it. Her bones, bullet with ballistics matching his rifle that had her dna on it, piece of skull with a bullet hole in it, palm pilot and cellphone in a burn barrel, 2 calls from him hiding his number with star 67 were all planted by police?

Bullshit. He killed her and included his borderline retarded nephew into it which compounded with him being a fucking idiot, screwed him.

Last edited:
I'm about to start episode 4. I have to keep stopping because RAGE!
It's right there on camera how they manipulate Brendan.
Obvious he's, um, not too bright because he was more worried about missing Wrestlemania than the seriousness of his charges.
If Brendan wasn't sorry for what he did, THEY COULDN'T HELP HIM. Fuck. If that's not manipulative, i don't know what.

if the documentary series was meant to raise a shit storm it has accomplished it's goal.

I think it was, and to hopefully get someone to look at it again.
[doublepost=1452199849,1452199536][/doublepost]From the USATODAY link. I think they are reaching here.

In a report on its website Wednesday, TMZ says Avery's lawyer filed papers in 2009 claiming Charles Avery "had a history of aggression toward women who visited the family's junkyard" in Manitowoc County. TMZ does not say where these papers were filed, or how it got them.

The depth of that alleged "history," however, is unclear. State court records online show each man with a misdemeanor conviction in connection with one incident.

Charles Avery was sentenced to 120 days in jail after pleading no contest in 1999 to violating a domestic-abuse injunction, a misdemeanor. Two charges alleging similar violations were dismissed. A 1999 charge of third-degree sexual assault was dismissed after Charles Avery met deferred prosecution requirements, court records show.

Earl Avery, meanwhile, pleaded no contest in 1996 to battery and fourth-degree sexual assault in connection with a 1995 case. He was sentenced to 45 days in jail and 200 hours of community service, and ordered to undergo alcohol treatment.

Steven Avery was sentenced to life in prison after being convicted of first-degree murder as party to a crime in the 2005 slaying of Halbach, a photographer who had gone to the Avery family's junkyard to photograph vehicles for sale.

In a report on its website Wednesday, TMZ says Avery's lawyer filed papers in 2009 claiming Charles Avery "had a history of aggression toward women who visited the family's junkyard" in Manitowoc County. TMZ does not say where these papers were filed, or how it got them.
The depth of that alleged "history," however, is unclear. State court records online show each man with a misdemeanor conviction in connection with one incident.

[quote="Mata Hari, post: 960228, member: 14914"From the USATODAY link. I think they are reaching here.[/quote]

I'm right there with your assessment of over reaching in attempting to launch that balloon.

I wondered about that. I mean if he really could be innocent why would they not take this case?

The IP is all about DNA testing. From their site: "We gather extensive information about each case application, and our intake and evaluation staff researches each potential case thoroughly – and, along with our legal staff, ultimately determines whether DNA testing can be conducted and, if so, whether favorable results can prove innocence."

They have to walk away from plenty of likely wrongful convictions, simply because the hard evidence is not accessible or strong enough to overturn a conviction. And, as a privately-funded organization, they can't spin their wheels places they don't think they have a good chance of finding success with.

Dna was inside the engine compartment, not outside only. The battery cable was removed (which Dassey confessed Avery did before it was searched) and that's where they found it. Her bones, bullet with ballistics matching his rifle that had her dna on it, piece of skull with a bullet hole in it, palm pilot and cellphone in a burn barrel, 2 calls from him hiding his number with star 67 were all planted by police?

Bullshit. He killed her and included his borderline retarded nephew into it which compounded with him being a fucking idiot, screwed him.

So, no. You are taking it from what they said, a lot of which has since been proven bullshit. The way Brandan said they killed her, is not even close to any evidence. How did they shoot her in that garage full of crap, but not leave any blood or other evidence of her being there? They didn't bleach anything, and his dna was everywhere. You can't just wipe away one person's DNA and fingerprints, and leave another. I have called many people from *67, especially back when this took place. Does that make me a killer, if one of them die? I didn't want anyone having my information, unless I gave it to them for a reason. Just because I need to call you, isn't a good enough reason for me to give you my number. What about the bones at the second site? What about the fact that bodies smell when they are burned, and no one smelled her burning? I doubt his bonfire was hot enough to leave only those little bits of her. Burning a body down is not as easy as most people assume.

Is Avery an asshole, idiot, probably no good dog? Sure. But these cops clearly planted shit, and had it out for him. That should worry everyone in that town, and makes me think that they weren't really out for justice. They just wanted him to shut up and stop making them look bad.

So, no. You are taking it from what they said, a lot of which has since been proven bullshit. The way Brandan said they killed her, is not even close to any evidence. How did they shoot her in that garage full of crap, but not leave any blood or other evidence of her being there? They didn't bleach anything, and his dna was everywhere. You can't just wipe away one person's DNA and fingerprints, and leave another. I have called many people from *67, especially back when this took place. D
However, it is not in the President Obama's purview to pardon Avery and Dassey. According to the website for the United States Department of Justice, the president can only pardon federal crime convictions, while Avery and Dassey were convicted at the state level.

"If you are seeking clemency for a state criminal conviction... you should contact the Governor or other appropriate authorities of the state where you reside or where the conviction occurred (such as the state board of pardons and paroles) to determine whether any relief is available to you under state law,"
oes that make me a killer, if one of them die? I didn't want anyone having my information, unless I gave it to them for a reason. Just because I need to call you, isn't a good enough reason for me to give you my number. What about the bones at the second site? What about the fact that bodies smell when they are burned, and no one smelled her burning? I doubt his bonfire was hot enough to leave only those little bits of her. Burning a body down is not as easy as most people assume.

Is Avery an asshole, idiot, probably no good dog? Sure. But these cops clearly planted shit, and had it out for him. That should worry everyone in that town, and makes me think that they weren't really out for justice. They just wanted him to shut up and stop making them look bad.

They found the bullet matching the gun he kept above his bed with her dna on it and her skull with a bullet hole in it in front of his trailer. In the burn pile he made with his nephew.

How hard would it be to burn her body in a pile of garbage and tires? What if her body were in a tarp? You expect that tarp to survive a big ass fire? I'm familiar with what happens when you burn a corpse. If you were burning a body to hide it and found out the bones wouldn't burn would you leave them in big pieces or try to break them up? We're not talking rocket scientists here. They aren't smart enough to do more than what they did.

IDK, did you previously meet someone who you made uncomfortable enough they didn't want to answer your calls and told their boss they didn't want to deal with you anymore and yet you still went out of your way to get them to come to your house by being deceptive? If you did you might be a killer. It's more possible than the assumption you went to that the use of *67 alone would make you a murderer

Fact is he won't be pardoned. http://fox11online.com/news/local/lakeshore/governor-walker-says-he-will-not-pardon-steven-avery

The white house has already replied to the petition asking for it and said:

However, it is not in the President Obama's purview to pardon Avery and Dassey. According to the website for the United States Department of Justice, the president can only pardon federal crime convictions, while Avery and Dassey were convicted at the state level.

"If you are seeking clemency for a state criminal conviction... you should contact the Governor or other appropriate authorities of the state where you reside or where the conviction occurred (such as the state board of pardons and paroles) to determine whether any relief is available to you under state law,"

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ery-making-murderer-reaches/story?id=36130596

No matter how hard people try to make this a West Memphis 3 thing, it won't be. No matter how many signatures they get.

Framing a man who has been put on a pedestal after being exonerated for a crime he didn't commit 20 years after the fact is ridiculous. They key, Massey's testimony or DNA evidence being removed from the case entirely would still leave the same outcome. He's guilty.

This thread is maddening. My youngest boy is named Avery, looks bad seeing all the posts about Avery being an asshole.

thanks Mata Hari for posting this thread, I watched the documentary and at first I thought innocent and wow he got railroaded but as it went on I was like he is guilty! How could the nephew who I kinda feel sorry for and I think may not of done something like that if not for his uncle, who I just read in an article earlier was molested by him. All the other evidence too that they didnt include in the documentary which someone mentioned above, the phone calls to her, purchasing the leg irons, answering his door in a towel. I bet he was the one calling her when she was with her boss and she made a comment "Oh no not him again". I really doubt he will ever get out, I think he is where he belongs! I think something is off with that family too, like maybe some inbreeding.

They found the bullet matching the gun he kept above his bed with her dna on it and her skull with a bullet hole in it in front of his trailer. In the burn pile he made with his nephew.

How hard would it be to burn her body in a pile of garbage and tires? What if her body were in a tarp? You expect that tarp to survive a big ass fire? I'm familiar with what happens when you burn a corpse. If you were burning a body to hide it and found out the bones wouldn't burn would you leave them in big pieces or try to break them up? We're not talking rocket scientists here. They aren't smart enough to do more than what they did.

IDK, did you previously meet someone who you made uncomfortable enough they didn't want to answer your calls and told their boss they didn't want to deal with you anymore and yet you still went out of your way to get them to come to your house by being deceptive? If you did you might be a killer. It's more possible than the assumption you went to that the use of *67 alone would make you a murderer

Fact is he won't be pardoned. http://fox11online.com/news/local/lakeshore/governor-walker-says-he-will-not-pardon-steven-avery

The white house has already replied to the petition asking for it and said:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ery-making-murderer-reaches/story?id=36130596

No matter how hard people try to make this a West Memphis 3 thing, it won't be. No matter how many signatures they get.

Framing a man who has been put on a pedestal after being exonerated for a crime he didn't commit 20 years after the fact is ridiculous. They key, Massey's testimony or DNA evidence being removed from the case entirely would still leave the same outcome. He's guilty.

It's not just about him! They did frame him for rape, and DNA proved it. Originally they even went like you, well throw this and this out, he is still guilty. Fact was, he wasn't! Does that make him a good person? No. She was uncomfortable. but not enough to refuse to go to his home. I've felt that exact way. Some I suck it up, but the more I feel uncomfortable or the "something is up with him" feelings, I have refused to go places or work with people, even on the job. I don't think it's odd that women who feel that, listen to it.

But the point isn't Avery. I don't care that Obama didn't pardon him. What needs to happen is a new investigation, but that's been fucked up. The DNA on the bullet is...questionable at best. The supposed bullet hole...also questionable. But take Avery out of this. Those cops and DA are still employed, putting innocent people at risk! When they frame someone next time, what if they are innocent? Then what about the victims that are harmed or killed because the cops framed someone else for the previous crimes? That's my more pressing problem with all this. Dassey's lawyer should be disbarred for that bullshit he pulled! He pulled it to make himself look good, his client or truth be damned. Would you trust your loved ones to these people? As suspects or victims? I sure as hell wouldn't. They don't like Avery, or any of his family. People in town don't like the family. That doesn't mean we should not address the criminal injustice done, because next time, it could hit closer to home. May 1,000 guilty men go free, but for 1 innocent man not be punished.

Framing a man who has been put on a pedestal after being exonerated for a crime he didn't commit 20 years after the fact is ridiculous.

I know, right? But you say that like it's beyond the realm of possibility. :p

I haven't followed the case or watched the series yet, but scandal after scandal has found cops, DAs and crime labs in cahoots. If it were ever proven that a prosecutor had an exonerated man framed to protect his case record, I wouldn't even raise my eyebrows I'd be so unsurprised. Having read plenty about the ferocity with which they fight exoneration with appeal after appeal (hardly are they ever like, "Yeah, we fucked up... let this man go..."), a DA going that one step further has surely happened before.

Back