• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A regional New South Wales aged care facility is facing further sanctions after a resident was admitted to hospital with maggots in his head wound.

The man, a resident of a residential aged care facility in Eden on the NSW south coast, was taken to hospital this week after the discovery.

He is undergoing treatment.

The same facility came under fire in January after the Australian Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission identified several issues relating to medication management, clinical care, staffing, human resources and behaviour management.

It is unable to accept any new residents or receive Commonwealth funding until June as a result of the sanctions.

Aged Care Minister Ken Wyatt said the facility — run by multinational health care provider Bupa — could be closed permanently if the situation did not improve.
[....]
"The quality agency will certainly go back to that Bupa facility and will not allow them to provide reasons that are unacceptable.

"Ultimately as we have done in the past, we have closed facilities that have not performed."

Bupa Aged Care Eden general manager Sharon Benge said they had apologised to the resident and his family.

She said a review of wound management procedures was underway and staff were receiving extra training.

Combined Pensioner and Superannuation Association spokesman Paul Versteege said it was a sign of "chronic neglect" at the facility.

"It's a real concern," he said.

"Bupa is a for-profit provider [so] the law says they have to put their shareholders first — not the people they care for.

"You can't blame the staff, but you can blame management for this sort of stuff."
[....]
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03...esidents-head-wound-at-bupa-facility/10893240

."Bupa is a for-profit provider [so] the law says they have to put their shareholders first — not the people they care for.
What?
I think the laws say

They must didn't no harm. Leaving someone with Maggots is not at all okay.

For profit means they have to request supplies not just order .. they cut corners .. ones not meant to be cut .. not ALL .. but this is a prime example
@Keepalowprofile
Didn’t say the goal was to do harm the order is to CUT CORNERS.. they don’t want to know how you do it frankly they don’t care.. their hands are clean.. they will sell your soul in court.. just get the fucking job done and stop calling.. I walked out of a nursing home one day no wipes, no linens period including towels of any kind, out of paper towels - when we ran out of gloves and still no ADON I said see ya so will state! I vowed hospitals only from that point forward.. it’s sad really..

Last edited:
Back