• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
article-cellphone-3-0715.jpg

Madison Coe, 14, was electrocuted while texting in the bathtub.
(FACEBOOK )

Police have released the last photo a 14-year-old girl sent before she was electrocuted while texting in the bathtub in New Mexico.

Lovington Police investigators believe Madison Coe took the photo and sent it to a friend just before she died, NBC 12 reported.

The image shows her phone’s charger plugged into an extension cord, which is lying on a towel over a bath mat.

article-cellphone-1-0715.jpg

Police released the last text Coe sent, presumably to a friend, showing a picture of her cell phone's charger plugged into an extension cord outside the bathtub.
(LOVINGTON POLICE DEPARTMENT)

...The Texas teen plugged the charger into an extension cord so that she could stay connected to the device while taking a bath at her father’s house in Lovington, N.M., on July 9.

The cord was plugged into a non-grounded outlet with no circuit-interrupting safety mechanism, according to a report from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Lovington Police Department.

The report explains that Coe’s cellphone was never immersed in water, NBC 12 notes.

Officials said the girl died from touching a frayed part of the extension cord that had water in it.

...Coe’s parents hope that sharing their daughter’s last text will help prevent similar accidents. They’re aiming to raise awareness around the dangers of texting while bathing, especially among teens.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...t-young-man-college-housing-article-1.2427904

I have to respectfully say that the frayed extension cord should have been repaired or discarded long before this happened. So tragic.

Damn...thats sad. I do agree that its kind of, ummm duh! My kids have known since they could walk to stay the hell away from electricity while anywhere near water or the bathroom. I have an outlet right beside their batroom door that i have to plug the vacuum cleaner in to reach their rooms. They wont even step over it when they come out of the bathroom. Theyre scared there might be water on their feet.
Teenagers arent known for being the smartest creatures on the planet. Its still tragic for her parents.

Back