• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
https://abc7chicago.com/education/l...eacher-charged-with-attempted-murder/4538718/

LYONS, Ill. (WLS) -- Parents in west suburban Lyons Township School District 103 are demanding answers after a teacher was hired despite a charge of attempted murder against him. The district has since fired the teacher, but there now calls for administrators to step down.

At a school board meeting Monday night there were many angry words and parents up in arms.

"We got a teacher that shot somebody seven times coming here to teach? Shame on everybody!" said Bob Floss, Lyons real estate agent.

The meeting came days after middle school teacher Andres Rodriguez was suspended with pay after it was learned he was charged with attempted murder last year in connection with an alleged road rage incident.

Tonight, elected officials called for the resignation of the district's two interim superintendents.

"They failed to do their jobs and protect our community, especially our kids, our children," said Jorge Torres, school board member.

"As an elected official, as the mayor of this community and as a father, I'm outraged by the failure of this school district," said Mayor Christopher Getty.

The 40-year-old English teacher, who is free on bond while awaiting trial, was hired to work at Washington Middle School last August despite having been let go from districts in Joliet and Cicero after administrators there learned he'd been arrested.

Lyons maintains it conducted a background check which turned up no red flags.

Class action. Every parent needs to get paid and some school admninistrators need to lose their jobs

Oh come the fuck on.
This ain’t it chief and I don’t know who the fuck thought that it was.
He can’t even handle himself driving how the hell is he supposed to handle himself in a room full of asshole kids

Hey he could be just the ticket for unruly students!
Let them know he tolerates no shenanigans or Blam!
Blam, Blam, Blam, Blam, Blam, Blam!

It could just turn some naughty troublemakers around!

Back