• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
Now the focus turns to how the attack happened, and whether or not the dog named “Lucy” will be considered a danger to the community.

Kelly Nelms lives in the Bay Pines neighborhood where the attack happened and rushed to help moments after hearing the screams.
investigators believe the toddler turned the knob to the front door of the house where Lucy lived. The door opened, which allowed the dog to get out and bite the child.

“I saw somebody running with the child and somebody on top of the dog,” said Nelms. “My reaction was ‘Oh my god is that little boy okay?’ And then the second reaction was to check on him.”

Nelms thinks the dog is not a danger to anyone, and the action of Lucy biting was no different than how her own dog would react to an uninvited stranger.

“I wouldn't let my child walk up to anybody's door by themselves and be the parent out in the street,” she said.
http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/dog-bites-trick-or-treater

animals are territorial, they are fine until they feel invaded. I wanna know where the 3 year olds parentals were and why they allowed her to open the door. That's on them haven't gone over to the article but if Lucy is old &not a retriever or lab she probably don't have kids on the to of her happy list if she is a chihuahua she turns into satan when children are concerned and that is to be expected. Lucy is a pit so why the fuck was the parents not going up to the door with the kids maybe we should cage and put them down? Scratches on the face are nothing she wasn't trying to hurt him but he probably scared her. as we all know she coulda taken his face off in less than a minute if so inclined so no.
I will say this: I want to start seeing parents charged with felonies if children end up in animal attacks or issues where animals have to be put down in preventable situations. Nobody with a brain leaves a newborn in a room with pred dogs or has the excuse of whoops when they drop their baby into a pack of wild African dogs [that was cold cold murder for a settlement cash out] or has too many kids to deal with where an endangered never lived out of an enclosure animals is put down for fear of it harming a brat that was already told to stop messign around then let do what he would

Last edited:
wkfe5l.jpg

This is what my boxer/pitt did when he first met my grand angel. :)
[doublepost=1509593462,1509593350][/doublepost]Not all Pitts are vicious. I'm surprised, if the pitt is that territorial, that the owner would allow the dog to be face to face children at the door.

e they said scratches like it had tried to maybe jump a bit on the kid, he didn't have puncture wounds from what I read at all if a dog actually bites there are

I know a 3 legged Pit named Lucy! She is a rescue and the sweetest thing...until one time this dog was annoying her and Lucy went for the kill. Fortunately being fat and 3 legged, Lucy didn't do much damage.

Don't fool yourself though, it is in their DNA to attack to kill.

I blame the parent.
The tyke opened a door to a strange house.
Dog was protecting its home.
Sad..ok I guess...but totally on the toddler and parent who wasn't there.
Careless and stupid.
Also very, very avoidable.

Back