• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

The entrepreneur behind a bizarre invention has finally found a toy store to stock his Lucky Unicorn Nipples.

Danny Ruxton, the man at the helm of Ruxton Corp, spent a year designing and making the strange good luck charm along with Dutch designer Ritchie Van Daal.

The 32-year-old showed off a pair of the colourful teats in their display case last year for the first time, but Brits may still have to wait some time to get their hands on the nipples.

Danny, who lives in Larkfield, said: "Lucky Unicorn Nipples are up and running which is great news, albeit only in Vietnam for the time being.

"This is where I chose to manufacture the nips. The company is called Happy Toys in Ho Chi Minh City."

So far, 5,000 pairs of the nipples, which are activated when you "flick 'em, rub 'em, suck 'em", have been made and will sell for 148,248 Dong - the equivalent of £4.99.

Danny added: "The product is made from plastic, fur, food safe PVC and cost around £2.86 to make.

"That gives me a £10,650 profit which I will use for a bigger media campaign for the UK."

Danny is hoping the success of his magical mammaries will lead him to sales in the UK, but the unicorn appendages are not the last thing he wants to bring to the market.

The inventor's clothing brand Chill Comfy is also on the up.

I hate to stereotype, but he looks *exactly* like the kinda dude that would come up with Magic Unicorn Nipples or whatever. Would not be surprised to see him on the Front Page down the road... for something else.

It just occurred to me that you could make an edible version using Hostess Snowballs topped with a rainbow frosting swirly. (Do they even still make Snowballs? Haven't had one since I was a kid.)

I gave some more thought to making these, and decided the rainbow swirl of frosting would be too soft and make them difficult to transport in quantity without them getting squished. So I came up with a solution... use rainbow meringues in the same shape! Can be produced in advance, won't squish, easy to transport.

Back