• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Rotten Apple

Trusted Member
ChildNeglectArrests1.jpg

Parents Arrested After 3-Month-Old's Death
Couple's Home Found In Filthy, Unsafe Condition, Officials Say

KISSIMMEE, Fla. -- The parents of a 3-month-old boy who was found dead in his crib on March 4 were arrested after an investigation uncovered soiled diapers and clothes and ants and roaches in the home, Osceola County authorities said.

Lucio Cervantes-Cruz, 25, and Cassandra Cervantes-Cruz, 25, both of 4845 S. Orange Blossom Trail No. 10 in Kissimmee, were arrested Tuesday on four counts of child neglect.

According to the Osceola County Sheriff's Office, deputies responding to a call about the 3-month-old, one of the couple's five children, found several safety hazards and unsanitary living conditions at the home.

Filthy diapers and clothes were lying around the home, mold and mildew were growing on the children's sleeping areas and ants and roaches were in the food cabinets and closets, deputies said.

Electrical wires were loose and exposed, electrical outlets were not secured, windows were open without screens and a large hole was in the screen on the patio where the children play, deputies said. Also, the residence is located about 12 feet from a retention pond that does not have a fence around it.

The four other children -- a 4-year-old, a 3-year-old and 1-year-old twins -- were placed in the care of the Department of Children and Families.

The parents were booked into the Osceola County Jail.

http://www.local6.com/news/15577378/detail.html

____

25 years old and 5 kids?!?!? At LEAST three in diapers. :eek:

I'll be curious to know what the 3 month old died of.

fucking HELL. I'm gonna have to front page these idiots later today, because holy CATS.

How can anyone stand to live in such filth?? I see stories like this all the time. I mean, come on....how hard is it to pick up after youself and your children a bit? There's 2 grown people living there....put down the TV remote and put those nasty diapers in the trash. And buy some bug spray for fucks sake!

but bug spray is poision and BAD for the CHILDREN!!!!

teehee

We used to have a really bad ant problem at our house, because our yard is just one huge anthill, and the little fuckers would come in during the summer to get water (I was told). I didn't want to use any really horrible shit to get rid of them, but the child safe stuff Orkin was putting down only worked until the next rain.

I have since found that SuperStrength Cleaner (sold at Dollar General) is toxic, and apparently nauseating as well, to ants. If sprayed on the ants, they die immediately, and something about the scent of the stuff continues to repel them for a few weeks. So, now, every other week or so, I spray that stuff around every window, door, and wall. I also use it on my kitchen surfaces, and in my pantry, as it is not toxic to people in the quantities needed to make it effective. I spray, then wipe, leaving no liquid, only the scent. Viola, no ants for the last three years in the house! I hate those little bastards!:D

Did I miss something?

Okay, I'm posting this here because I don't want to risk getting the attention of certain posters by commenting on the main page--

Cassee's MySpace says "R.I.P. LUCIO 'LUKIE' GERALD CERVANTES NORTON"

NORTON? Where the hell does "Norton" come in?

Okay, I'm posting this here because I don't want to risk getting the attention of certain posters by commenting on the main page--

Cassee's MySpace says "R.I.P. LUCIO 'LUKIE' GERALD CERVANTES NORTON"

NORTON? Where the hell does "Norton" come in?

They aren't legally married, so I guess she did not give the baby his name.

OR they are following the Mexican way of naming children. The father's last name is followed by the mothers maiden.

Back