• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Chronic pot smokers are often clinically depressed, long before they discover pot helps.

But did you get the part where it wasn't until I "chronically used" pot that I was released from much of my anxiety and depression?? I was completely clean of any THC for about two years because I thought it would make me a better parent. Wrong-o Dong-o. I'm thinking the problem isn't chronically using pot. I'm pretty sure this lady here was just a terrible person

February 21, 2018

On Wednesday in Wyoming District Court, prosecutors said Lovily Johnson killed her son, Noah. But police said she didn’t use a weapon or her hands to kill the child — it was depraved indifference that killed him on July 19 in his home on McKee Avenue SW in Wyoming.

“This is a child who had no reason to die,” said Kent County Medical Examiner Dr. Stephen Cohle. “There is no reason this child would not have thrived, indeed, had he been given normal and ordinary care.”

During testimony, it was alleged Johnson left the child unattended in a car seat for days in a Wyoming apartment in July. Cohle said the baby was the victim of a continuous lack of care over days.

“This child had gone several days without a diaper change with a wet diaper in contact with the skin,” he said.

He also said the severe rash caused the baby to suffer even more severe dehydration.

“(Noah) should have been about 27 inches in length and he should have weighed about 17 pounds,” Cohle said. “His actual length was 24-and-a-half inches and he weighed 12 pounds.”

He said the only conclusion of the manner of death was homicide.

“I believe he died of neglect — that is, he wasn’t fed, wasn’t given water, obviously a young infant can’t go very long without those things,” Cohle said.

Jonathan Schildgen of the Kent County Office of the Defender argued the only reason Cohle made the homicide determination was because of information he received from investigators.

Without that, he said, this death could have been ruled accidental.

“(Cohle) based his opinion on what really in my opinion the legal term would be hearsay — hearing what other people said happened to that baby over a certain period of time,” Schildgen argued.

The boyfriend of Johnson’s mother, Harry Woods, took the stand saying he drove the mother and the car seat which held the dead baby to Butterworth Hospital.

“She said, The baby’s not breathing.’ I said, ‘Did you give it CPR or anything to see if it was breathing?’ She said ‘I don’t know nothing about that,’” Woods said. “She said I would get there faster. I said ‘How am I gonna get there faster than an ambulance?’”

Wyoming detectives testified Johnson admitted that she had left the child in a car seat over three days in mid-July at her home and gave him a bottle once or twice.

She said she finally checked on him after he had been silent for hours.

“I asked her if she noticed the smell, she said that she noticed more that his eyes were stuck open and that he wasn’t warm but he wasn’t cold, he was just limp,” Wyoming Detective Robert Meredith said.

Judge Pablo Cortes bound Johnson over to circuit court, where she is charged with first-degree child abuse which led to first-degree murder.

If convicted, the only outcome is life in prison without the possibility of parole.
http://woodtv.com/2018/02/21/me-at-murder-hearing-no-reason-for-child-to-die/
[doublepost=1519311882,1519259117][/doublepost]
Feb 21, 2018

A 23-year-old woman whose infant son died from what police say was severe neglect told detectives she was "just too busy" to feed and care for the child.

Wyoming police Detective Robert Meredith testified about his interview with Lovily Johnson during a probable cause hearing Wednesday, Feb. 21 in Wyoming District Court.

"Her words were this, 'I was just too busy,'" Meredith said.

Following Wednesday's hearing, a judge ordered Johnson to stand trial on charges of felony murder and first-degree child abuse.

Key testimony came from Kent County forensic pathologist Dr. Stephen Cohle, who said Noah Johnson was malnourished and dehydrated when Johnson brought his deceased body into DeVos Children's Hospital in July. The baby already was in stages of decomposition.

I hope the prison guards are just too fucking busy to give this bitch any food or water. Neglect is torture. That baby suffererd terribly until he was dead.

This is mind numbing.

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T SHE DROP THE BABY AT THE HOSPITAL UNDER THE SAFE HAVEN LAW???
Why did she have the child at all?

@Satanica @Sue sue @cubby @Prettypink513 @CbabyRKO @Brillig
August 29, 2018

Lovily Johnson, 23 has been offered a plea deal that calls for a minimum prison term of between 15 and 25 years.

Johnson, is charged with felony murder and first-degree child abuse in the death of her six-month-old son, Noah. Investigators say the boy was left strapped in a car seat in Johnson’s Wyoming apartment for two days.

Noah Johnson went without food and water and suffered from diaper rash so severe, areas of his skin had fallen away, an autopsy showed. The boy was already dead when he was brought to Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital in Grand Rapids on July 19, 2017.

During a brief court appearance this week, Kent County Prosecutor Chris Becker said his office will allow Johnson to enter a plea to second-degree murder. It is punishable by up to life in prison; felony murder carries a mandatory life term.

Johnson would also be allowed to enter a plea to second-degree child abuse, a 10-year felony. First-degree child abuse is a potential life offense.

A plea hearing is set for Thursday, Aug. 30 before Kent County Circuit Court Judge Mark Trusock. If Johnson rejects the offer, her felony murder trial is scheduled to get underway next week.

Sentencing guidelines for Johnson recommend a minimum term of between 15 and 25 years in state prison, Becker said.

“I think we need 15 to 25,’’ Becker told the judge. “For the record, she should not get lower guidelines. That’s the bare minimum.’’

Johnson has undergone two exams to determine if she is competent to stand trial and able to assist in her own defense. Evaluators in both cases determined she is competent.
https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news...r-in-death-of-son-gets-plea-deal/69-588848096

I hope she rejects the deal because I suspect any jury worth its salt would say guilty to first degree child abuse. She said she was home multiple times a day and is on probation for embezzlement so you know this bitch hasn't got a job but outright stated she was TOO BUSY to care for the child. Too busy doing what? Getting high? Playing hide the wiener? Binge watching Netflix? Load of old bollocks.

I hope she rejects the deal because I suspect any jury worth its salt would say guilty to first degree child abuse. She said she was home multiple times a day and is on probation for embezzlement so you know this bitch hasn't got a job but outright stated she was TOO BUSY to care for the child. Too busy doing what? Getting high? Playing hide the wiener? Binge watching Netflix? Load of old bollocks.
Hung jury.
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/09...r-trial-of-mom-accused-of-killing-infant-son/

Sep 14, 2018

A Wyoming mother accused of leaving her 6-month-old son in a sweltering apartment, strapped in his car seat for days says his death was an accident.

Lovily Johnson spoke with 24 Hour News 8 Friday, two days after a judge declared a hung jury in her trial for first-degree child abuse and the murder of baby Noah.

The prosecution argued in the two-day trial that Johnson was utterly uninterested in caring for Noah, running around with friends as he died.

But the defense put their contentions into doubt for at least some on the jury which spent six days deliberating before saying it could not reach a verdict.

Defense attorney Johnathan Schildgen suggested the baby could have died from other causes. He also said his client's difficult life robbed her of the ability to care for herself, much less a child.

Johnson never took the stand and the jury only heard her in brief, muffled recordings of her interrogation by police. Now, she continues to maintain her innocence.

“I did love him. He was my baby. I cared a lot about him," Johnson said from the common room in the Kent County Jail Friday. “It was an accident that it was never meant to, it was never my intention, I would never hurt either of my kids.”

Johnson would not go into more details of what happened to her child.

Johnson has been in jail for more than 13 months and will remain there for at least three more while she waits for a new trial, which is scheduled for Nov. 26. If convicted, she could spend the rest of her life in prison.
https://www.woodtv.com/news/kent-co...-baby-s-murder-it-was-an-accident-/1445923276

This should have been open and shut.
Pathetic travesty of justice.
Hope the next jury gets it right.

Must have definitely been a jury of her peers, because they're evidently dumb enough to buy her pathetic excuses.

@Sue sue @Brillig @Buffettgirl @cubby @CbabyRKO @crys_xoxo @GenericUser123 @Keepalowprofile @Kimberix @Kittyskyfish @Nell @Prettypink513 @Sejanus @Siobhan
Nov 13, 2018

A Wyoming woman accused of leaving her baby to die in a stifling apartment, still strapped in his car seat, has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.

Kent County Prosecutor Chris Becker said Lovily Johnson entered the plea Tuesday. Becker says his office in turn agreed to a sentence within the guidelines of 15 to 25 years, and the judge said he would not sentence beyond the mid-point of the guidelines.

Johnson's plea comes less than two weeks before her second trial was scheduled for the death of 6-month-old Noah. The infant died in July 2017 after being trapped in his car seat for three days while Johnson went out, shopped and smoked. When the 23-year-old mom returned home to find him not breathing, she took baby Noah to the hospital.

An emergency room doctor testified last week that by that point, Noah had already been dead for some time.

The medical examiner said Noah was starved and dehydrated and that he died of neglect. However, Johnson's attorney argued there's no proof of that. The suggested other possible causes of death that the medical examiner said were not likely.
https://www.woodtv.com/news/kent-co...Ib_jV0Zjftt0TYqUhIvUGBmjP6AIPqOEqiY9Kydg4A3ts

In the video of the interview, Johnson could be seen weeping as she talked about the struggles of being a single mother and finding time to work and for herself.

She went on to say she didn't check on Noah for the entire day before he died even though she was home with him "because he wasn't crying."
https://www.woodtv.com/news/lovily-johnson-stands-trial-for-baby-sons-death/1417527035

Oh hell naw!!! Somebody please remove her reproductive organs and fill her up with straw. Take it from her head cavity because she's got ample up there!!

15-25 years for letting an infant die alone in a stifling hot apartment, strapped in a car seat for three days, and the ME said the child had been "dead for sometime" before she "came home, found him and took him to the hospital"...?
I'm thinking that Noah died from abject and ignoring neglect while she was there in the apartment with him, and she took off for three days to make an alibi for herself, smoke some street shit hazardous waste material, and then went home and played the fraught with worry mommy act.
It's a shame that she wasn't charged with a second count of felony murder for this, because then she'd be looking at 30-50 years minimum.

ETA: Thanks for the heads up on this @Sugar Cookie , it's much appreciated!;)

Kent County Circuit Court Judge Mark Trusock excoriated Lovily Johnson, 23, while sentencing her to 20 to 80 years in prison for the death of Noah Johnson, who had been abandoned in a car seat and placed in an attic where temperatures reached 90 degrees. The infant also had no food or water and his diaper had not been changed, WOOD-TV reports.

“And what did you choose to do?” Trusock asked Johnson. “You went out with your friends, you partied, you sought out a place that had air conditioning and you used drugs.”

Trusock also told Johnson — who has a 4-year-old daughter now in foster care — that he hopes she never regains an opportunity to care for any child.

“I hope you think every day of how you killed your own child, ma’am,” Trusock continued.

Full Article:
https://nypost.com/2019/01/25/judge-rips-mom-for-her-babys-outrageously-disturbing-death/

12 lbs at six months old ... she hated this baby for a long time. I bet when she got that hung jury she never seen 20-80 around the corner. I would have gotten arrested myself If I was on the hung jury ... I would have beat the fuck out of the hold out for sure. I hope those that served on that jury are happy and satisfied that justice prevailed.

Back