• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Paul Robert O'Neill was reportedly so upset about his missing cat that he trespassed inside a Newberry Township church on Friday, causing damage as he searched its rooms for his pet, according to charging documents.

When his search came up empty, he warned a member of the Slavic Baptist Church that if he did find the feline there, the church would be in "big trouble."

O'Neill, 45, of the first block of Maple Hill Drive, also lit a fire on his neighboring property on Saturday as police were speaking with church members, documents state.

O'Neill faces charges of burglary, criminal trespass, institutional vandalism at a place of worship, disorderly conduct and loitering and prowling at night, according to online court dockets.

As of Monday, O'Neill remained in York County Prison on $100,000 bail. He has a preliminary hearing before District Judge Scott J. Gross scheduled for May 17, dockets indicate.

At 10:18 p.m. Friday, Newberry Township Police responded to call about a suspicious person at the church, which is also located in the first block of Maple Hill Drive.

Church member Lyudmila Kolesnik told police that O'Neill had entered the annex building on the church's property without permission and "began yelling about his cat," documents state.

After O'Neill's search of the building's rooms for his cat proved to be fruitless, he told Kolesnik "that if he finds his cat here they will be in big trouble," documents state.

On his way off the property, O'Neill kicked a hole in a door outside the building, documents state.

Police spoke with O'Neill, who admitting walking into the church building and confronting those inside, documents state.

Police were called back to the property on Saturday, after members found damage to their chapel, located about 30 yards from the annex building, according to documents.

Looking at video surveillance footage, police were able to determine O'Neill entered the chapel through an open window and damaged several locked doors, again looking for his cat, documents state.

sounds like there was some history between him and someone there that might make him think they had done something to the cat or he could just be bat shit crazy or was just drunk & stoned.
Sounds crazy or high .. started a fire at the neighbors over the same cat .. does the cat even exist?! Maybe he has a problem with the entire civilization?

oh, I thought that was the church's property too

When his search came up empty, he warned a member of the Slavic Baptist Church that if he did find the feline there, the church would be in "big trouble."

O'Neill, 45, of the first block of Maple Hill Drive, also lit a fire on his neighboring property on Saturday as police were speaking with church members, documents state.

Chaotic MF! ;)

I can legitimately see my bf getting arrested over his cat. If anyone were to ever hurt him (the cat), or take him, he would lose his fucking mind.

They have a fiercely close bond which is pretty adorable, but also makes me worry for the inevitable day Kitty isn't around anymore.

This guy however, doesn't strike me as just being an overly devoted cat parent. I agree something else was afoot here. Had to be.

I get going apey over a lost pet, Idk what I'd do if anything happened to my 6yr old pit bull but uh..... This guy sounds dangerously unstable, like don't fuck with homie's cat and keep him heavily medicated kind of dangerously unstable, drugs certainly don't help if they're involved here. Instead of jail I kinda think that he should be put in a high security mental institution, heavily medicated and given a stuffed animal to pacify him, preferably a cat.

Poor kitty ran away to join the circus to get away from this clown. If not, it's shivering in a ball behind the couch, askeered to come out. Eyes all big, teeth chattering, about to have a kitty heart attack. Or not. It could be shut out of the house by accident and wandered off. Funny how he was all Bluto on the church people but now has a quite nice smile. Yes, things that make you go hmmmmm...

Back