• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

thebooblady

Trusted Member
I now have both a PSP and Playstation 3 display sitting in my garage. You know those things you play the games on at Gamestop..those big steel devices they use to display the systems. Apparently, my boyfriend decided to go rummage at Circuit City and got the guy to give them to him. He had to use the boom on his bucket truck to lift them! They do not have the little TV's in them, but they have all the cables. He went on and on about them leaving an HDMI cable in one. Oh, and the display box of the PS3 which was just a plastic shell of one along with all the stupid signs the store uses. Who the hell cares! So, now what? I guess they are for a game room that we don't fucking have! He wants to set them up like an arcade machine.

I really don't mind that he has to have every game system and every game of the year, but this has gone too far. In our family, we have a XBOX 360, PS3, Wii, 3 DS's, 2 Game Boys, a PSP, a Game Cube, and a Nintendo 64. We used to have even more systems..ones I never even heard of. He likes to collect this crap. Feel free to groan, but I am so irriitated at these massive, useless pieces of crap sitting in my garage. Enough of the video games!

My ex-fiance was a big gamer and it would drive me crazy too (gaming is not why he is an ex, cheating is!). Grown ass men betting on the game, playing for hours at a time, up all day & weird times of night, hogging up the big screen TV all the time...ugh! How annoying, and so juvenile. Yeah, at least you know where he is (physically), but it can be so distracting and disruptive to a relationship! Now my current BF of 3 yrs doesn't ever touch a game and his attention is on hacker boards and the laptop. All men have something they lose themselves in, and it's never us (women, significant other). Yeah we do shit as a couple, we hang out, we have fun...but he is on the laptop first thing in the AM and last thing before he closes his eyes every night. It's a pain in the ass, but I'd rather have a video game addicted or laptop addicted BF than a drunk woman abuser who goes out every night and shoots his paycheck into his arm.

Things could be worse. Choose your battles wisely...

Gflmfr's!!!!

Before my 2900 dollar setback, I was in the process of building my MAME Cabinet. When I am finished, I'll let you come play with it mammasweets.

LMAO. You know, a few years ago, I tried to get Mike into gaming. At the time, PS2 was the big thing, so I bought him one of those and all the most popular games. The only game he actually took to was Max Payne... and even that, he only played when there was absolutely nothing else to do.

About 6 months ago, I considered getting into gaming myself, but then decided that it was more of an expenditure than I wanted to undertake. Then, on a weekend a couple months ago, my buddy Daniel convinced me to play Left 4 Dead with him. I sucked terribly, but I was hooked. Now, I go over and play with him whenever I get the urge. It's a very mutually beneficial relationship. I don't actually have to buy anything, I have a coach right there, and he has someone to play with (or watch him play when I get to feeling guilty because he's constantly having to cover my ass).

See? You just need a neighbor that's into gaming, so your hubby can store this crap over there. :tongue2:

Yeah, those stupid gamers waste their time doing dumb shit.

Ooops... gotta go, 742 posts since my last visit! Gotta get them read and hand out some "Thanks" before drunken chat night tonight. See you guys in the chat box or in the "Chat" thread. Be sure to check out my latest blog and my last two comments on the front page. If I can get someone to rep me, I will be up to level 92! How many posts do you have? Is mine a lot? What's the high score around here?

Time to go make some more GLITTER GRAPHICS! Ciao!

Good. Get to making them. Your glitter graphics are the best.

My man games. Keeps him outta my hair while I am on DD.

For The Kids

We have sort of the opposite gaming problem. We aren't big into gaming, and our kids' PS2 died a while back. We thought of upgrading to a PS3. We already have a Wii and they obviously make many of the sports games (mostly all my kids play) for both platforms. The problem is, my hubby and I love GTA. Can't help it. When we first started playing, we would see a nice car around town in the real world and yell, "Hit triangle!" :dong: So we were seriously tempted to buy the PS3 "for the kids" so that we could get the GTA. ack. We are losers. Anyhow, we bought a new PS2 and left it at that.

My DH is an exreme gamer...I had never even DATED a gamer before I met him. The ONLY system we don't have is a PS3 b/c there aren't many games on it he'll play. I don 't mind all that (money spent, systems and what not) I do mind the freaking Gamer Rage. I hate that shit! It is the only reason I could see myself actually beating the hell out of him at times.

I'm ashamed to say my hubby have two computers on his desk. One for playing Halo and other for surfing on internet. Some time he do both at same time.

Gamer Rage. I never understood that. I mean, how can throwing your controllers or your mouse solve anything? I mean, why would anyone throw down their controller in a fit of rage and proceed to stomp it into 1000 pieces? Why would anyone twirl their mouse around by its cable like a lasso to ensure maximum velocity when it hit the nearby wall...or god forbid, the completely asinine behavior of taking your keyboard and physically attempting to break it over your knee before slamming it into a door frame so that all the keys exploded off of it?

Stupid.

My youngest son is a gamer big time and so is his s/o. They are serious about this shit. Since I lack hand/eye coordination (their words, not mine), I am not allowed to touch their shit. And they have a lot of shit. (I don't know what else to call it.)

They even had some computer built just for gaming. It looks really nice and all; but, hell, I could've had a car for what they paid for that laptop. And I'm especially not allowed to touch that.

Hubs and I just aren't into it at all, but we've been over there on the weekends. The games (and drinking) begin after work on Friday and end Sunday evening. We did notice a case a Red Bull.

{S}:lollypop:

Everquest and cheating killed my relationship with my ex. He has a new woman and a new game now. World of Warcraft or WoW as I have heard it called. He has a special built computer for his gaming and on the weekends he lets our seven year old play it.

My husband is a firefighter. He spends a little less time at the firehouse now but used to be just as bad as my ex with the games but with his buds at the firehouse.

Gamer Rage. I never understood that. I mean, how can throwing your controllers or your mouse solve anything? I mean, why would anyone throw down their controller in a fit of rage and proceed to stomp it into 1000 pieces? Why would anyone twirl their mouse around by its cable like a lasso to ensure maximum velocity when it hit the nearby wall...or god forbid, the completely asinine behavior of taking your keyboard and physically attempting to break it over your knee before slamming it into a door frame so that all the keys exploded off of it?

Stupid.

I can't understand it...I was thinking about buying OC spray and misting his face...or maybe a shock collar?

I do mind the freaking Gamer Rage. I hate that shit! It is the only reason I could see myself actually beating the hell out of him at times.

I can relate! Throwing controllers and all that, lol. :banghead: How about now how you can play people in other countries and across the US?! Ugh.

I don't like Xbox live only because the boys are always slinging around the N-word and telling each other they fucking suck. Luckily he lets me turn music on, and it drowns their idiot asses out.

He goes into GameStop so much they asked him if he wanted to work there part-time. So, he will now be working there 10-20 hours a month just for the discount and to be able to borrow any game he wants. They give the employee discount on top of the Edge card one. He's never worked in retail before so this should be funny.

Also, my 11 month old watches him play so much that she can hold a controller the correct way and even uses her little thumbs on the analog sticks. She looks up at the TV expecting something to happen when she pushes the buttons. He is so proud of her lol

I now have both a PSP and Playstation 3 display sitting in my garage. You know those things you play the games on at Gamestop..those big steel devices they use to display the systems. Apparently, my boyfriend decided to go rummage at Circuit City and got the guy to give them to him. He had to use the boom on his bucket truck to lift them! They do not have the little TV's in them, but they have all the cables. He went on and on about them leaving an HDMI cable in one. Oh, and the display box of the PS3 which was just a plastic shell of one along with all the stupid signs the store uses. Who the hell cares! So, now what? I guess they are for a game room that we don't fucking have! He wants to set them up like an arcade machine.

I really don't mind that he has to have every game system and every game of the year, but this has gone too far. In our family, we have a XBOX 360, PS3, Wii, 3 DS's, 2 Game Boys, a PSP, a Game Cube, and a Nintendo 64. We used to have even more systems..ones I never even heard of. He likes to collect this crap. Feel free to groan, but I am so irriitated at these massive, useless pieces of crap sitting in my garage. Enough of the video games!

come see my basement i have every thing but the wii..3 comp systems..and about 11 boxes of games.taht never get played....freaking men...i know how you feel....

He goes into GameStop so much they asked him if he wanted to work there part-time. So, he will now be working there 10-20 hours a month just for the discount and to be able to borrow any game he wants. They give the employee discount on top of the Edge card one. He's never worked in retail before so this should be funny.

Also, my 11 month old watches him play so much that she can hold a controller the correct way and even uses her little thumbs on the analog sticks. She looks up at the TV expecting something to happen when she pushes the buttons. He is so proud of her lol

LOL... my husband and I have grown so close to our local gamestop manager (Luke) that he has actually come to our house and hand-delivered a couple of my pre-ordered games !:crazy:

Sometimes, I think the dude is just desperate for friends, lol.

My fiance Trevor is so much a gamer he makes them for a living.
Oh, sure... I HAVE to be a gamer, lol!
While I'd be at my comp playing WoW, he'd be at his playing Warhammer.

And as Trevor said at his friend's wedding, It's not easy to love a gamer, unless you are one.

My fiance Trevor is so much a gamer he makes them for a living.
Oh, sure... I HAVE to be a gamer, lol!
While I'd be at my comp playing WoW, he'd be at his playing Warhammer.

And as Trevor said at his friend's wedding, It's not easy to love a gamer, unless you are one.

I have a brother that creates video games... all 3 of my brothers and myself are all gamers (we all called one another throughout Fallout 3 & would say "where are you now... I'm at the blah blah blah) & it all started with my mother (believe it or not), she started with the NES and bought every Nintendo game system after... she was a pretty cool chick, sometimes she would let us stay up until 1am-2am, on a school night, to watch her play SMB & Legend of Zelda.

Now, my kids gather around the t.v. when I start a new game... lmao.

It's not easy to love a gamer, unless you are one.

So True! I've always liked games, but I took up playing more seriously in order to spend time with Mr Kitty, when we come across a gamer with "spouse aggro" he always brags-and tells the whiner "shoulda done like me and married Gamer Girl."

Back