• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
Just a quick notification that Bold Members now have Live Thread Updating activated. What this means is that new posts in a thread are auto displayed without you needing to refresh the page.

Hey @Morbid, loving all the new stuff!

Just one question. With these live updates in the threads, (some? of us) can see the updating box (for me, iOS, it's in the top right corner and has three little progress bars) and it flashes for 1/2 a second then disappears. But it happens like every 10-15 seconds. It's a bit on the distracting side (for me at least).

Sounds like it's only on the mobile site.

But I verified that it wasn't just me.

Any way to remedy that?

Last edited:
+1 here. I'm on an android tablet. Very distracting.

It happens while posting too.

ETA. Removed game questions. I found the right thread. ;)

Last edited:
The black box is showing up on the computer too.

It probably is simply an artifact of the live update upgrade. I have seen it before when I was trying to post or change pages in a thread and the site was Being Awkward about what I was trying to do . . . but then it was constant, not just blinking on and off.

--Al

I can see it up on the top right corner of my desk top, but didn't really notice it till someone said something. Eh, maybe it will go away, otherwise, like anything else, we'll get used to it.

Chrome reporting, I see it too! Doesn't bother me too much, could be becasue I'm old and I don't see very well anymore. :D

It's the Live Update refreshing. Not much I can do about it aside from increasing the time, but then that kind of defeats the "live" part. If the aggravation part outweighs the updating, I can turn it off.

I just though about something... I am pretty sure that black box has to be an image in the theme somewhere. I may be able to just replace it with something transparent and you would never see it.

Last edited:
Turning Live Update off for now until I can get rid of the black update box.

Back