• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

BreakTheSilence

EVANSVILLE — Evansville police officers arrested a woman Tuesday who they said couldn’t explain her son’s broken arm, and other injuries.

Lisa R. Koenig, 40, whose address is listed as 8142 Lincoln Ave., was released from Vanderburgh County Jail after posting a $3,000 bond Wednesday.

Koenig was preliminarily charged with battery resulting in serious bodily injury to a person under 14 years of age, a Class B felony, and two counts of neglect of a dependent, a Class D felony.

The police affidavit said Koenig took her 4-year-old son to St. Mary’s ER about 10 p.m. Jan. 10 because of arm pain.

Doctors said his left arm was broken and the injury was “non-accidental,â€￾ the affidavit said.

Koenig said the injury happened while the boy was sleeping. She waited 14 hours to seek medical attention because she thought it was muscular pain or he slept on it wrong, the affidavit said.

Police said she denied grabbing or pulling his arm.

During the investigation, police said Koenig’s son was recently treated at Deaconess Hospital for an unexplained head injury. Koenig told doctors he fell off the couch while sleeping.

The affidavit said there is a long history of domestic violence between Koenig and her ex-husband, the boy’s father.

Koenig took a polygraph test about her son’s broken arm, and police said her responses indicated “deception.â€￾

This next part REALLY pisses me off. Apparently the idiots in Child Protection Services didn't learn a damn thing from Calab Lay. These are the same idiots who left Calab Lay in the home to die while claiming ot wait for IL CPS to come get him and his twin sister.
It's bullshit that this baby had a head injury in December and in January has a "non-accidental" broken arm. According to the story there is question whether CPS removed this baby from the home. I hope to god they didn't leave this baby in that hell hole for him to be battered further.

Child Protective Services reportedly told investigating officers they have multiple reports of domestic violence in the presence of Koenig’s children and said there’s a lack of medical and dental care, the affidavit said.

It was unclear late Thursday whether Child Protective Services took custody of the boy.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/feb/09/evansville-woman-arrested-over-injuries-4-year-old/

what really sucks ass is I will be in Evansville tomorrow to attend a very good friend's funeral. If only I wasn't preggers I'd be soooo tempted to pay this sorry excuse for a human a visit and give HER a dose of what someone has been giving her baby boy! I'm just too close to due date and am probably gonna be on bed rest soon due to high risk pregnancy.

Back